"A life innate that increases the healing of others" Best R24 Post Mortem Quote

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Waxillium, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    ya grouping with a life magic innate person giving a gift that you do not want would suck.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well the thing that bothers me is if its so great that it feels mandatory to get that skill or join with someone who gets it. But if the benefits aren't OP and they don't nullify the other parts of the game by making auto-heal too quick, then it might be ok.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I wonder how you could balance this in a party. Maybe reducing the party damage overall. Then its give and take.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

He means a passive that make your heals more effective on targets other than yourself. So people can play support classes without letting people like myself solo a dragon.

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I am in favor of classes also. It is a can of worms however. But yes, lets make classes!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

If they increase the heal innate then they should increase the death innate. equal but opposite. for instance when I use the death field in party then it should heal the whole group right?

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Not a fan of the proposed ways healing should work, if we do that then fire spells will have to have a live fire somewhere to draw from, water should have water etc..... All those proposed things do is weaken a class that can heal. Solution to that would be kill the healer first.
    Sorry BDF i dont think healing should be handicapped!

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I don't think healing should be handicapped either blaqurogue, but other skills should be on the same par as it. :)

Lord Baldrith and blaquerogue like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Can you give me a use case (example) that you'd be concerned about? The goal wouldn't be to handicap healing. It would be to make it meaningful.

I think there's room all over for that in the current system, but healing is stop number one, imo. What's the difference in having healing spells right now and having more HP? You press a button? See what I'm saying? It's really a silly overpowered mechanic. You have the power to instantly get health back, because why? What's it costing you? Nothing that I can see. Maybe a little focus.

Think about Soul Tap for a moment. You get focus but it costs you health.

When I look at Healing Touch, it's not even on par with Soul Tap. You get more healing back from it than you lose focus!

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

healing spells dont damage or throw a shield up for protection, armor is the only thing between you and whoever is fighting you, i will eventually run out of mana and be killed, not good at all. As far as being on the same par every skill used draws from nothing, and uses up mana.

people are just getting upset that healer types can heal thier damage, or others damage, and since those people spent massive points in other skills fire, water, air, etc.. they cannot heal themselves. Thats pretty much what it boils down too, and goes back to the point pick your skills wisely, and not dump everything into any particular spell tree.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i just did :)

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Oh I understand, but how is life magic the opposite of death magic? its kind of an odd opposition

13. Drocis the Devious

I meant can you give me something specific. "making healing handicaped" is not really an example, it's a byproduct. What's an example where the healer would be handicaped?

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Life magic is the power to give life and death to take it, thats the only opposite i can see in the game

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok so i spent all my points in healing to heal best, you spent all your points in fire to burn me up better, becuase i spent most of my points in a skill i would use as a support class, i cannot have massive fire damage, death damage, or anything else just like you could not do as much damage to me if you had to spread your skills out across the bosrd and not focus on just one.

So the example is i am being punished because i spent my points in healing and not Death, or fire or Air

margaritte and Lord Baldrith like this.
  16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

but they both have healing, and they are opposite. So if you choose death over life you are handicapped in that respect as it cuts your innate. This is why I say it would need balance. I do understand that as a cleric you would not want healing nerfed, and I do not want to nerf healing. I just would like something available for the opposite magic of death, to be viable

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

but you heal yourself by taking my life from me, it is healing kind of in the death circle.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

That's the same thing you said before. I understand what handicapping means.

I was looking for something more specific than, I wouldn't feel as powerful as a healer anymore.

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

For now what i do is compensate with melee damage, so my skills are in healing and Melee and heavy armor for protection i do not have, thats about as specific as i can get.

20. Drocis the Devious

Right, that makes sense. My assumption is that any changes to healing would be part of a larger plan to balance combat.

Combat is not balanced right now. Healing is a big reason why. It instantly gives you back hit points and it doesn't take anything away from you. The amount of focus it removes is really quite insignificant.

When you look at something like Soul Tap, that's a perfect example of how healing is just FREE HP.

Soul Tap takes your health from you, starting at something like 17 hit points (I can't remember) and giving you something like 8 focus. Where as Healing Touch gives you like a range of 8 to 11 HP? ( I can't remember) and only uses like 9 focus.

That's so crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.