A Rose from Sequanna - Services for new and returning players

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Rosemourne, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

A Rose From Sequanna
    Services offered to new and returning Avatars
    Greetings Avatars, and welcome to New Brittania. We've all awoken on the Isle of Storms, confused and concerned. Each of us has gazed into the mirror and chosen our path. We are dropped into this world, barely stronger than a child, but just as lost. For many, the virtues have been forsaken and the world can be unforgiving. It is because of this, and the teachings of Sequanna, several services are offered to help new Avatars as they first cross the rift. If you find yourself lost, wandering, or even neither but wanting some assistance, please contact Aidenolm Rosemourne in game, or PM me here, about any of the services below.

Services Offered (Scroll down for more info on each):
    • A tax-free row home to live and claim as your own in Shadow's Rest
    • Complementary starting equipment to assist in early adventuring
    • Free recipe teaching, to save coins for the hungry crafter
    • Apprenticeship services for Avatars looking to increase their skills more quickly

All services are available free of charge. While I only offer starting equipment and tax-free homes to players who don't already have equipment or a home, any Avatar is welcome to take advantage of the recipe teaching and apprenticeship. Simply contact me in game or PM me on this forum. The posts below provide more details on the services offered. New Brittania thrives or falls based on the community.

Tax-Free Homes
    "It is in the shelter of each other that we live."

The first need for an Avatar is a home. A place for them to lay their head and lower their arms for rest. For this reason Shadow's Rest offers homes for the weary. If you don't have a home, please PM me and I will make sure you have a place for rest. Currently I offer tax-free row homes for the Avatar to live in as their own, but as needs demand I may not have more room to give. I will always, however, have a space for your bed and chest somewhere. If I do not, I will find you one.

Full details can be found on my main post for Shadow's Rest here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/shadows-rest-a-pot-for-new-players.67758/

Complementary Starting Equipment
    "The sharp thorn often produces delicate roses."
    There are many dangers in New Brittania. From wild beasts to man, elves and kobold, it is important to learn to defend yourself. We awake with nothing more than mere clothing and what little protection it provides. Often we are faced with turmoil immediately and some may not survive. To mitigate the loss of life, starting equipment is offered for free to new Avatars. This set consists of all 5 pieces and weapon(s) of the Avatar's choosing.

Armour types offered:
    • Epic Plate Suit (Heavy Armour)
    • Augmented Chainmail Suit (Heavy Armour)
    • Epic Leather Suit (Light Armour)
    • Epic Cloth Suit (Light Armour)
    Weapons offered:
    • 1-Handed Longsword (Blades) + Rectangle Shield (Shield)
    • 2-Handed Sword (Blades)
    • 1-Handed Mace (Bludgeon) + Rectangle Shield (Shield)
    • 2-Handed Mace (Bludgeon)
    • Longbow (Ranged)
    • Staff (Bludgeon, but it provides fizzle assistance. Don't melee with it.)
    • Wands x2 (Bludgeon, but it provides fizzle assistance. Don't melee with them.)
    Materials to choose from:
    • Copper
    • Iron
    • Cotton
    • Leather
    • Maple
    • Pine
    Note: This set will not be enchanted or masterworked. While it can be masterworked or enchanted later, it will be up to the Avatar to acquire the silver or gold. There will be better gear out there, and the Avatar will want to upgrade from this equipment, but it will give them a sure advantage when starting out.

Recipe Teaching
    "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul."

Avatars come to New Brittania without knowledge of any craft. An Avatar can hone their skill and learn some basics, but deeper knowledge requires outside assistance. Recipes of their chosen craft can run at least 250 coins per item, which is a fee many starting players can't afford. There is hope, however. Avatars can teach several items beginners or experts of each craft can utilize. If an Avatar wishes to learn a recipe that they do not know, and the recipe is teachable, I will teach them free of charge. If I do not know the requested recipe, I will purchase the recipe to teach and offer it to others in the future.

If the recipe is Re-Teachable, the Avatar can later teach it to others and spread the wealth of knowledge.

Apprenticeship Services
    "We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master."

Everything the Avatar does in New Brittania will gain them experience. It is important for their growth that the experience is spent well. While grouped with a Grandmaster of a skill, the apprentice will gain a buff that increases the experience drained from the Avatar's pool. This is especially important in craft skills, as it means fewer materials are consumed. If the Avatar wishes to receive the apprenticeship buff, they can PM me here or in game and set up a time.

It is important to distinguish that this buff will not generate more experience, but simply increase the speed in which the skill consumes experience. For this reason, it is important for the Avatar to have a healthy experience pool before starting an apprenticeship.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Bom, Maric, Lorddread and 45 others like this.
  2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Nice!! This is really good stuff :)

3. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I am so in love with this community.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is a great thing you do for new people and for the game and this is absolutely fantastic and so very well thought out, organized and well-done. What a great job.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Wow for sure! This is a very robust and well devised offering to the new player community -- fantastic job! I hope you garner many of those in need as a testament to your hard work on this :) Good job, and good luck!

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I can attest to Rosemourne's compassion, trustworthiness, and genuine want to help out new players so that the community can grow.

This service has been in his mind for a very long time and it has taken him great resources and time to get to this point so this is sure to be a success... @Berek

8. Vero

Vero Avatar

Awesome service for our new players! Feel the love, cold outside but wam in Sota! :)

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Very nice of you for providing this service Rosemourne. Pinning this post!

10. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Awesome! I appreciate it, Berek :)

11. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

:O!! awesome! do you have any room for one more avatar?:)

Metalocalypze and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

How much XP and resources would someone need to start? Thanks.

13. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

It depends on two things
    1) How far do you want to take the skill
    2) Which skill it is, as skills take different amounts of XP to get to higher levels

If you're wanting to take a skill to 80, 300k-400k is usually sufficient. To get a skill to GM, it's closer to a minimum of 1.5M-4M (Depends on the skill, again)

14. smougie

smougie Avatar

Hello! "Mergal" here, We met yesterday, I recived a lot of basic informations which help me a lot at starting my adventure with SotA - pure pleasure comes fromt he game in the company of such a person like you :)

Thanks for all :)

15. Valdor Dragonlord

Valdor Dragonlord Avatar

Rosemourne is the best!!!! Helped me with very nice starting equipment and to find a home and also always available to answer my countless and daily questions:):):):)

Thumbs up!!!!:):)

16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I just want to say that the presentation and RP of this is great. I simply like the way it was thought out. You guys rock on. The Rose from Sequanna hit home for me.

17. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

Keep up the amazing work there Aidenolm Rosemourne. This is a amazing Player, Community and place to call a Home!! :D

Sara Dreygon and claybwagner like this.
  18. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Aidenolm Rosemourne was so kind to help me this evening. Such a great resource for the community!

19. Genox

Genox Avatar

Hi, i would like to know if your services are still avalaible? I just started playing 2 days ago - fell in love with the game - bought the game and enjoying since then. Now i would like to try crafting but i need space for my crafting materials. I might be interested in having a room to put a chest to store my mats. Anyway - i'll wait for your answer.

Thank you!
    ingame name: Thurvald BulKhatos

Quinn Zorich likes this.
  20. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

These services are still available. I'm at work right now and should be home in about 7 hours. Catch me in game and I'll be more than happy to assist you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.