Adding Friends

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by CodeDaddy, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

I 100% agree with you.
    I believe there needs to be a travel list & an actual friends list.
    I would also love to have the log in's & log out's moved from my chat window
    BUT most of all I don't want to see who is logging in & out while I am reading an NPC's quest conversation. Extremely distracting!

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can turn that off on your main window. On the blue gear or little flower you can choose what is displayed in your windows. You can set up each chat window like you want. I did not choose this system either but it is not going away right now. I will still accept any friends requests anyway and use the system we now have and that does not mean I necessarily picked the system or would choose this system. It just is what it is. I am very grateful to have it really because otherwise we would have little fast travel options. So for now we take what we can get even if we complain about it that is ok too. :) Not said in a snarky voice at all. I welcome all new players and am here to help if I can. :)

3. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Unless you are standing in front of me, I do not add people to my friends list and won't until they provide a text field to explain why the request was made.

Personally, I think rampant teleporting results in a world full of people that don't know where anything is.

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  4. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I respect both points of view. I wish that the system was different as it makes it difficult to see which friends are online who I’ve interacted with.

But, as others have said, it’s what we have.

So, I accept all friend requests, no whisper required. Feel free to send me one.

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I'm so with you on that! My friends list is long, and I'd like to sort it by people that are nothing but a teleport beacon, people that I actually have met but don't consider friends, and people that are friends. Only of the latter do I want login/logoff messages.

6. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

Since the current friends list is just a pile of teleport beacons having a friends list and a teleporter list would be very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.