1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Alternative R56 Livestream Stretch Goals?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

[edit] I was harvesting some cotton, a watcher ran up to scan me from behind and I thought 'this is where a fart emote would come in real handy'.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Jaesun and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  2. Ravenscar

Ravenscar Avatar

I like the alternative stretch goals, especially the dye box. Can we please have some day wands again?

3. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

pls the alternate Stretch Goals.

and pls some more often 1hSwords in early StretchGoals,

I cant buy each LiveStream 2 City Bundles in order to reach the late Sword-Reward ;)

4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Not sure I like the idea of glowing objects like clock towers festooning the land. I think the Aether effect works for some things but not all.

5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I personally think having the land flooded with glowing aether objects may lead to a mass influx of pain to ones eyes as well as to ones CPU..

A few items certainly .. I like the idea of the dyes.. and the weapons.. but towers? or pavers? I kind of shudder at the thought of New Britannia turning into a "Sensation White" Rave party ;)

Rentier, Elwyn, Ataniiq and 3 others like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Remember when the lighthouse was the water home du jour?

7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Im gonna agree with amber on this, paver and clock tower seem a little bit too much. I like the idea of weapons and gear and dye to look like a aether monster too but having furniture like this hmm... a bit too much aether in the way, keep space for other stuff :p

8. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Heh, last night when I went to bed this thread didn't exist, first thing I find this morning is over three pages on it - and pretty much all I thought worth commenting on has already been said ;) I'll just add a bit of support to the praise for lowering the costs of bows since those have always been way too high on the price list, and to the plea to reconsider all the clock towers - they are lovely but hard to use for most people, a different and more placement-friendly alternative would be welcome. Also, if things have to 'glow', can we have a switch that if we can't exactly turn them on or off like light sources, was can at least choose between bright and more restrained light levels?

9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

+1, but I'm not sure the Dye is mostly harmless, I actually think the dye has the biggest potential to turn the world neon blue as it's eternal and will work on the clothing and armour so be visible all the time. How many bright blue cartoon Avatars will we see? Weapons could be nice and only really noticeable for the Avatar him/herself as drawn and used in combat. The deco (clock tower and Lich statue) I'm not keen on. This colour is very noticeable it's all you're gonna see when you enter a town. SOTA will be known as 'that Blue game'. Given the subscription option and that the statue and clock are fairly achievable stretch goals there will be lots of them.

Why not mix this list up a bit? dilute the aether content or make the deco later in the totals and maintaing more of the excellent celestial theme which I think is a great idea. Or have aether weapons and celestial everything else.

Look, it's not a big deal, we were asked so I've given a view. In the bigger picture, I love the direction SOTA is going.

Rentier and twofoldsilence like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I like the idea.
    All for the new goals here.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's what UO was famous for. Not the PvP, not the white knight vs. PK thing, but the INSANE mix of colors, architecture and decoration some of the folks pulled off.
    More pain in your eyes means we are one step closer to UO ^^

Elwyn, _Twilight_ and devilcult like this.
  12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

VERY MUCH BETTER! Maybe put the bludgeon and pole arm higher as they usually don't get hit and those schools could use more weapons.

13. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

something @E n v y loves!

UO was famous for being many things to many people; personally I lived in a basic 2 story house filled with other peoples silver weapons, deadly explosion or poison trapped boxes as I spent most my time killing folks, dragon taming & treasure hunting whilst purposefully refusing to wear my guild colours (red white & blue for Union Jack) much to the annoyance of my GM, who I met via the game 20+ years ago and still know having attended his RL wedding last weekend (thankfully with no elves in sight) you never needed more than an apron or death shroud in public unless you wanted to draw attention to yourself ;)

14. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

I like aether ones more. +1.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  15. stile

stile Avatar

Personally, ive lost all interest in these telethon items. instead of new themes, redoing the same things over and over, id like to see some creativity and originality for new items. I see one more themed paver... well, im going to start just throwing them in a trash can.

This is meant to be constructive and to offer input, not bash.

thanks

16. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@DarkStarr you should have made this a vote :p I vote this, i get a chance of a bow for less money, bows are often at the end, I also like the idea of the dyes..

17. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I would add Aether 2H Hammer/Mace.
    There are no patterns yet for these weapons in game.

18. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

Do subscribers to the rewards prgm need to drop $5 during the telethon, or do they get the stretch goals?

19. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Enrollment in the Rewards Program counts as "automatic participation in the Monthly Livestream Stretchgoals (counts as the $5 minimum purchase)"

Ataniiq likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Announced R56 Stretch Goals:
    • $10K: Sunburst Aerial Combo Replenishing Box of Fireworks (I'm fine with this)
    • $25K: Sun Symbol Sparkler and Moon Symbol Sparkler Replenishing Box of Fireworks (I'm fine with this)
    • $35K: Sun Magic Symbol Cloak & Moon Magic Symbol Cloak (Two more cloaks that noone will wear because the Shroud is better.)
    • $50K: Sun Symbol Pavers & Moon Symbol Pavers (I won't use, but at least its interesting deco)
    • $65K: Sun Symbol Staff & Moon Symbol Staff (I won't use, but patterns for staves are good)
    • $80K: Moon, Sun, & Stars Clock Tower (I wont use, but would be interesting deco)
    • $90K: Sun Symbol Bow & Moon Symbol Crossbow (Patterns for ranged are good)
    • $100K: Celestial Themed Wizard Robes (Patterns for robes are good)
    Alternative R56 Stretch Goals:
    • $10K: Sunburst Aerial Combo Replenishing Box of Fireworks (Same as original)
    • $25K: Aether Sword and Shield (gaudy blue weapons, I'd rather not but ok)
    • $35K: Aether Lich Statue (No, bright blue gaudy deco)
    • $50K: Box of Replenishing Aether Dye (While potentially gaudy, could at least be used to create interesting things)
    • $65K: Aether Bow & Aether Crossbow (gaudy blue weapons, I'd rather not but ok)
    • $80K: Aether Clock Tower (No, bigger and more gaudy than the statue)
    • $90K: Aether Axe, Aether Halberd, Aether (gaudy blue weapons, I'd rather not but ok)
    • $100K: Celestial Themed Wizard Robes (Same as original)
    So I'd much rather have the originals, although if you wanted to switch the 50K goals around I'd be ok with that.

If you really want to add an Aether prize, so a 110K Aether Stag pet. There are Obsidian Stags, so I'm assuming they could be infected with Aether as well. (Even better, make it a whistle that you can salvage for a pattern, which when applied to a whistle it reshapes the summoned pet.) But big, glowing blue deco should be a no-go.

Rentier and Gorthyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.