1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Alternative R56 Livestream Stretch Goals?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speck

Speck Avatar

NO FIREWORKS... but otherwise yes! ;)

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The problem with this is they then have to build a complete set of weapons of each type.

Elwyn and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Goal already reached, 2 hours prior to the stream...

[​IMG]

Oops... the 10K Goal Changed...

[​IMG]

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

No worries. I liked the celestial theme, but not necessarily the particular lineup they created, and besides I think that all depends on appearance and something they'd have to model first to get people excited ;) The aether items are pretty cool, especially the dye. Part of the initial idea behind the clock was that it would be a kind of moon phase clock, I think which would be cool to see in some form down the line.

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Not necessarily. Put it out there that there will be a choice, and that will be from a handful of items, not EVERY 1h weapon for instance.

6. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

They would still need to build those choices. Right now it's split up because additional funds means more time the artist can spend on it. If only $25k is achieved, only the sword and shield is made and only that much time is spent.

If they were to give a choice, then they'd still need to make a sword, shield, bow, crossbow, polearm, and Axe for people to choose from, which is more time on the same budget.

If they were to offer a choice based on what's achieved, the really isn't enough difference to merit a change in the system.

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

These are MUCH better, plus, just to reiterate...no more fireworks! :D

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I prefer original, but I also prefer that weapon/armor patterns be lower level stretch goals, as they add the most to SotA for all levels of players in my opinion, as almost everyone uses weapons and armor. Even those that don't own property.

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think a wall clock with moon phases would be nice.

(but my preferred moon phase clock lives in a browser window)

Sean Silverfoot and Barugon like this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually this also makes me think about how the game might possibly implement pocketwatches, like we've had in some of the Ultima games. A typical pocketwatch you'd expect would just output the time.

But say a moon phase pocket watch might output the time until every moon phase.

Or, a more complex implementation could work like the equippable gear in Pokemon games, like where in that game you equip something to give you the option of a screen display. So, I was thinking originally for SotA, the compass might only appear if you have a compass in your inventory or equipped, and then a sextant would add to that. Anyway, the idea might be to have a little window for moon phases if you'd have such an item equipped.

11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm just hoping the gear is Aether-imbued, so it is normal weapons are armor with inlaid gems or something with the blue glow. That can be cool, without being overwhelming. If we all look like Aether Liches, I'm going back to SPO.

Hazard likes this.
  12. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Given how heavily used the !lv command seems to be in Discord, it might be very popular if it gave people their in-game 'alarm' for the Lost Vale opening up as well as moon phases - or even where the current rift destination is.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Aurelius Silverson

Yea, or it could always be some other item, too. Like I can imagine an orb which starts to glow when the Lost Vale gateway opens up.

14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I like these alternative options much better. Like a lot of other posters, I'm not very excited about fireworks. We have a large variety of those in-game already.

15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Pole arm at 90K? Ugh

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Maybe there could be a gear slot for a pocket watch or similar item, then a key bind would bring up a window (with pushpin) for whatever is equipped in that slot.

17. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris @Lord British

Perhaps have the option for like it was in Ultima Online for the loyalty rewards. Have a pop-up box where you can select a reward you like for each tier of the pledge rewards reached. That way you can have 2+ different things that people may want to put their money towards instead of just 1 type which a good bit of people may not like or be interested in.

edit: you can use the same mechanic the way you do obsidian potions, dye rewards, etc now

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Or it could just add to / modify the compass display. Whichever worked. Though I think the idea of tying unique HUD displays to equipment cool.

Elwyn likes this.
  19. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

Oh noes the fireworks are gone. Can we get a table top sized statue as well so we can all use it?

20. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I haven't seen it reported yet, but how often does the Box of Replenishing Aether Dye replenish?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.