Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Anks of ress must be visible on compass

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Gatsu., May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

maybe just to not walk randomly searching for the ank (maybe there is no ank to find)

Quenton, rob2, Budner and 7 others like this.
  2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

+1000!!!

Gatsu. and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also death time is too short. While running franticly around trying to find an anhk you come alive and have to take the death debt. Let us chose how long we want to stay dead.:)

4. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah it is good to have option to resurrect after a minute (or even sooner) at scene entrance or back on the map, but sometimes it would take me a little bit longer to reach ankh in ghost form but I am not allowed to. And it is damn hard to find ankh in the first palce because exploring time in ghost form is so limited.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL and how many times have we just finally found it and are walking towards it and we come alive. I'm always like man come on, I almost made it, just two more steps, then ahhh nooooooooooo.:(

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Res ankhs should be placed randomly on the maps. Each time you die they should be at a different spot. This would minimize spawn camping as no one would know where the players would reappear.

Moonshadow and 4EverLost like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

No one spawn camps ankhs as people rez with full health and focus and they rez when they want so group can rez at the same time more or less...people spawn camp scene entrances where people rez with minimal health and focus:/ That is why I think people should get option to resurrect on the map rather than in the scene.

4EverLost likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's ok if they are random as long as we get to stay dead so we can hunt them down;)

Net and 4EverLost like this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

+1 or extend the shiny beams that now have.

Moonshadow and Gatsu. like this.
  10. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I kind of like that they are hard to find. The spirit world is mysterious and confusing - and be thankful you don't spend much time there! Although perhaps with experience or skill there may be a way to extend your time there (with a risk/penalty) if you are crazy enough to do so!

The Hendoman likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't mind them being hard to find, but we are not usually dead long enough to hunt for them is my point.

12. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I like that idea, but i think for retro players some kind of auto-help could be an immersionkiller. How about to make that optional? For instance implement a check box in the game options and activate it to see it in the compass.

Duke Albert likes this.
  13. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

UO's death system was pretty good, with ankhs or healers in the real world that you could just run over to (and you'd stay dead until you found one).

Staying dead because you couldn't find one was punishing (lots of logged out ghosts if you're a GM!), but given the option to res anywhere with the penalty is good (like WoW, pardon the blasphemy).

I don't know if it'd have to be a little different just because it's so much easier to get lost in SotA. The compass trick might fix that. It'd be worth experimenting, at least.

Gatsu. likes this.
  14. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I just want to get more controll over my own soul. If I die I want decide if go to an ankh, wait for ressurection or take the penalty. I hope the 45sec times is a placeholder. I would love to have the detection system for the compass also for the ankh, you have to find it once and then it will be shown only when you are death on your compass. This way you can decide if you wanna know where to search or not. Random wandering ankh make no sense for me. Why should it wander around, it is not a living thing.

Net, Duke Albert and Moonshadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.