Are all the UO players gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitz101, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Are all the UO players gone o_O?'
    No :D All have come and brought with them all that wonderful flavor which is always so enlightening for us to share :p
    :eek:~Time Lord~:confused:

Leelu, Stahlknecht, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I could be... But these forums here give you a slight indication of attitude that is transferring into the game. Be safe and obey or get banned! This censorship and harassment/threatening of players that critique the game will not turn out to be good for the game. Its reputation is shattered already, and I don't see any attempt to fix it.

I will call them Lovepandas from now on. I like that :)

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well actually this topic told you we didn't leave.
    And then it turned into a discussion about pvp.^^

Time Lord, Stahlknecht and jammaplaya like this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

@Baalice you are so wrong about this... the only thing you can do in SotA is PKing... PVP is not possible as there is no sand in the box.
    Saying PKers are sociopaths is as telling PVErs they are lovepandas. So I wonder why you are not moderated? You spew out the same stuff just from the other side. So live with it.
    Portalarium has a bad rep already for moderating and censoring criticism. The day they begged for good steam reviews until today it went really downhill.
    You will always find the strawman you're looking for. That's what Portalarium did and they try to enforce the love bubble until it comes back around.

Sandbox needs freedom... also the freedom for everyone to have their own opinion. And if calling a playstyle lovepanda is offensive, your saying PKs are sociopaths should get you banned as well.

5. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

That's in the eye of the beholder.

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well ofc. But if you see the steam reviews or just google the issue or take a look at reddit you can see it's there. Ignoring facts is never a good policy. But ofc everyone is just a toxic troll. ^^

Apollyon9515 and Time Lord like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This.

DepGames and Time Lord like this.
  8. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Still here!
    played UO 97 - 2001. Didn't really know what to expect of this game except that I wanted to see some new concepts/experimentation from the dev team - and I think that they have delivered. I'm looking forward to seeing what this game will be like in another few months. I don't think there will ever be another game like UO though unfortunately. UO was new and the first ever sandbox MMO for anyone - Being completely new and having a reputation system in conjunction with significant risk on death is the reason why it was so great - everything was interesting, different and a thrill. Ah - the nostalgia - don't get that with any other game - never will again. No game will be a commercial success unfortunately these days if there was complete involuntary PVP.

Stahlknecht, Armar and Time Lord like this.
  9. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Fact is, that many Avatars like the moderation of this forum.
    Fact is, that many Avatars dont like this forum because of the continious fights about more PvP, constant bickering and the general negative attitude. These fellow Avatars would appriciate even more moderation.
    Right, ignoring facts is never a good policy.

Baalice, Stahlknecht and Time Lord like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

As players, in this Lord British world we are in a place where much of what we do here, is generated by it's players. Supporting game mechanics will be coming from our Portalarium, when sufficient amounts of players to participate in them are had and developing time then dedicated to that project is then set into motion.

We are a PK world right now because of our numbers of PvPers and the fact that those PvPers have yet to bond together within a single project's goals. Currently "the fellowship project" has this in mind within it's mission to accomplish. But if you are thinking that the fellowship project is just a single guild thing, you must leave what you have come to know as a guild, and adopt the "Cultish world wide concept" of everyone coming together to have those single large battle events come true.

What we have been conditioned to think from our UO minds, must evolve beyond that great game. We as players, can't depend everything on game mechanics as it was in UO.
    I hope you all will come into the fold of coming together and making what you want come true.
    :cool:~Nystal TimeLord~:) Ultima UO Cult to the bone...:confused:

11. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Hehe I think you got me to a "tea" "A cup of Earl Grey Sir, and may I tempt you to my homemade English cream Tea Cakes?"

Cianna, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  12. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

You mean like other immature kiddie words like 'troll', which apparently is OK here?

Time Lord and Vallo like this.
  13. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Pot, meet kettle.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

"Perceptions are real"

They aren't always true, but they're real in the sense that people act on what they perceive, not what is true. Perfectly good games have been run into the ground due to perception. In the end, it really didn't matter if the accusations were true or not.

Bowen Bloodgood and Time Lord like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread. It's derailing into a pit of dark deep sadness because we can't seem to keep to a responsible discussion. I could keep deleting posts, but then I would have to start suspending accounts. Let's keep this forum community clean please, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.