Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bludgeon Weapons - Staff vs Wand Dillema

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by Elrond, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Staffs, Gold/Silver scraps inexistant, Plethoras of Corpse wax piling up (and a few other mats) The wearable collisions and the crafting ui... One goes to enchant something for instance a second time and adds a alphabetical yet seemingly random piece to your window which you just have to swap every time for example, same with chosen mats. These are the big obvious annoying ones I see. While this may sound like another pile of negativity, it's not. I like the dam game =)

Numa likes this.
  2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

For roleplay reasons, I would prefer a staff to two wands, I don't mind two wands being better for casters but I feel the staff should do decent melee damage so the blunt or pole arm trees could be used with the staff. A staff is the most basic of martial weapons, people have been beating each other to death with staffs for thousands of years.

Makes sense that if I hit a wolf in the head with a staff it does enough damage for the wolf to notice. ;)

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

majoria70 and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Stop me if I'm wrong but one can get more versatility with wands as well because ut can combine two different gems for two different attunement bonus.

Numa likes this.
  5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I don't care about the weapon attributes of a staff; how much damage it does is irrelevant to me. I just want them, at least somewhat, competitive with the attributes of wands. I hate the look of wands, but Im forced to use them if I want to be a competitive mage. This is not a new discussion, but maybe this time it will get some traction and they will equalize staves. Here is a post from nearly a year ago on the same topic.

2 wands versus 1 staff

6. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Crafting needs the same overhaul as Skills get. Staffs or all two hand should cost more to enchant, but give higher values. I would also appreciate making wands only main hand and create an option to focus/spellbook crafting... but I think the first is easier to implement.

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I mentioned this a while back and during the telethon they were talking about making wands work in only 1h, they did not say when it would happen but it was to be phased at some point as it was never intended to have 2 wands.

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Staves already cost 2x as much as wands to make and get 1/2 the benefits of wands. Why should they also cost more to enchant? I'm not looking to get extra benefits for staves, but to at least have parity with wands.

Elrond and King Robert like this.
  9. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Yep for masterworks it is also not balanced. I was talking about enchanting. It should cost 10g to enchant 2 hand and you should get twice the magnitude.

You are talking about general base damage. More mats give higher base dmg.. however dual wielding yields you more dmg as effects are doubled.

Its broken and needs a fix for ages now.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I highlighted the major point that needs to be fixed -

A wand is NOT a weapon yet get bonuses that add for things like defense (Off Hand) and such

Wands need to come off the weapon concept totally and considered like the orbs and such as they are tool for magic enhancement and very minimal weapons at best.

That is the kind of intelligent fix needed.

Sorthious likes this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Actually a wand is a weapon now. It has stats similar to Dagger and can be used with Bludgeon tree. was also nice when they had ability to use poisons with it, but that is removed this patch.

I completely agree and have brought it up in the QA several times before that they need to either boost enchants to be inline with two wands or as they mentioned they will phase out the use of the wand in 1h which would balance it. I hope they make it so that its the opposite and boost staffs :)

I think someone here if they have not used up their 3 questions for next QA should ask when is this going to be fixed. Id love to use staffs over wands. I have some really nice ones form Telethons waiting :)

I also asked about books, orbs, trinkets etc for offhand. The response I got was it will be added in the future.

12. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Wands should be one hand only, and trinkets focus etc an own crafted item for balance issues.

Xee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.