Buff Monitor System

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Tirrag, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you for the heads up @holycow. im sure the text changed somehow and i missed it when i fixed the settings. i will take a peek and get it fixed ASAP.

StarLord, FrostII and holycow like this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

again thank you @holycow. there is a new 3.07 up fixing this issue!

FrostII and holycow like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Tirrag Pet foods are not displaying at all in the latest V3.07

4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Thx @FrostII. I am away this weekend but will fix right when I get home Sunday. If you feel adventurous and would like to try to fix it in the meantime everything is in the monitors.ini file. Change the debug value from 0 to 2 and reload lua. This will output raw buff info to the lua chat. Eat some pet food and you should see the raw data for the food buffs. It's that text that needs updated in the monitors.ini file. Pet foods will be close to the bottom.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

v3.08 is up in the main post fixing the pet food buff issues. again, thank you @FrostII for the heads up on that.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Dragging the icons doesn't work. I can sometimes get one to move a little but it's nowhere near usable. Activating/deactivating the buff monitors doesn't work. Sometimes I can get one or two to toggle but the indication doesn't always match the message. Also nowhere near usable.

This is on Linux. At this point, I'm giving up.

7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

What distro are you using?

FrostII likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Fedora, but that actually shouldn't matter.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

it shouldnt, but if i want to at least try to replicate i can get as close as i can. thank you! i will see what i can find out.

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

hi @Barugon. sorry for the delay in getting back with you. i couldnt get SotA linux running in a VM so i purchased a new external HD so i could install the linux version. i installed ubunutu 20 desktop and then SotA. i know that is a debian flavor but it is the one that i could get to recognize my laptop graphics and wifi correctly. installation of SotA was base install with graphics turned down.

in testing the mod in Linux i could not find any issues. for all buffs that i tested the correct icons appeared when the buff was cast and the color shifts worked correctly. i was able to successfully reposition the icons and also enable/disable them via the configuration. now having experienced it in Linux, i thought through your comments and hopefully can provide assistance in getting it to work for you if you wish.

i wonder if you maybe arent using the move correctly as it can be a little tricky at first. in order to move an icon you will need to hold down left control and then left click on the icon. this will put the icon into a move mode. release the mouse button but _not_ the left control key and then move your mouse to move the icon. when you get the icon in place then release the left control key. it was built this way as in early testing of the mod it was too easy to accidentally drag the icons around while playing.

this might be that initially all icons appear in the upper left, one on top of the other so you will only see one at a time. since you werent able to move the icons i can see how this could be viewed as the wrong skill icon for what you cast.

thank you again for giving it a whirl. hopefully some of the information above can help get it going if you wish to try it again in the future.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

v3.09 is now available. per a suggestion from @FrostII i added the ability to override thresholds per buff allowing you to change them from the global .5 and .33. you can do this by editing the bms/monitors.ini file and in the section for the buff you can add the values for warn and severe thresholds. if you have any questions please let me know :) an example for shield of air would be:

[shield_of_air_monitor]
    name=Shield of Air Monitor
    buff_name=Player.ShieldOfAir.AirAttunement
    texture=shield_of_air
    warn_threshold=.25
    severe_threshold=.05

FrostII likes this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......... :)

Tirrag likes this.
  13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

v3.10 has been released (see first post). the only update is adding Absorb Impacts as requested by @Akandriel so if this does not affect you then no need to update.

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hey @Tirrag
    Can Frenzy be added to the buff's we can watch ?
    Please...................... :)

15. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I just wanted to give some feedback. Just discovered this thread, was a little apprehensive at first as I have not delved into Lua AT ALL, but decided to give it a go.

I have to say that it is a dream to set up and use, and it is AMAZING and WONDERFUL to have a clear display of when the buffs are likely to expire. There is a noticeable difference in combat stats, so I must have been caught many times with my "pants down".

I would recommend this to anybody, and THANK YOU so much for this contribution.

FrostII, Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  16. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings :) Frenzy has been supported for quite a while though i do need to update the icon to the new icon. be sure to check to see if it is enabled.

thank you so much for the wonderful feedback :) knowing it is helping others makes all the time i spent building it worthwhile.

FrostII, Asclepius and Anpu like this.
  17. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

wanted to throw out some BMS news :) im very happy to say i am almost done with a complete rewrite of BMS. the updated system utilizes the new Lua UI functionality for the indicators so much less CPU intensive. it also separates the UI from the detection logic, utilizing a new event addon (to be released separately) for communication between the two. this means that another Lua developer can listen for the events from BMS event engine and do whatever they like based on that notification :) i have broken out all the functionality into reusable modules (including the use of libsota) so the main lua directory is clean and wont affect any other addons (no more libsota in the base lua directory). new monitors added are the window of opportunity monitors providing indicators of when to use riposte, opportunity strike, and aetheric feedback when their window of opportunity is open. upgrading will be a bit more tedious but well worth it :) your settings will port over to the new system. look for a release this weekend!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Adam Crow, Ancev, Scanphor and 4 others like this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Great work, Tirrag :):thumbs up:
    I have no idea how difficult and/or time-consuming it would be, but I'd love to hear a sound at some "preset" level for every buff. Whadayathink ??

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Tirrag likes this.
  19. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings :) i actually started to implement that but stopped due to the conflicts among buffs. when in combat i can easily have at least 5 buffs that constantly go through the statuses so after adding sounds the result was not... optimal :) i pulled that back and will rethink how that can work. maybe just having it for a select few. open to suggestions :)

Adam Crow and FrostII like this.
  20. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

v4.01 has landed just in time for the weekend! installation should be same as previous but libsota is no longer needed. please see installation section in original post for more information. dont hesitate to reach out if you are unsure or would like assistance. this update has been a long time in development and i am very happy with how it turned out. i hope you will be as well :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Adam Crow and FrostII like this.