Can we have a Project Update that is not trying to sell me something."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oren, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

@Asguard
    Sorry friend, I'm sorry that you have become the target of a community witch hunt.
    It's happened to me here, you say something or ask a question and one person gets on you, then it's like a swarm of phiranas once they catch the scent of blood in the water.
    One positive thing is you have unified them in a common cause...one negative thing is you've un-masked them and we've seen thier true faces...and what has been seen, can not be unseen.

I actually agree with you for the most part, poorly done on the part of RG/LB...also poorly done on the part of community members who think it's ok to form a line and take turns slapping somone who said something that hurt thier fragile feelings.

Poorly done, I say.

2. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Asguard is welcome to his opinion just as everyone else is, I hope he doesn't take it as people jumping on him, we have a lot of "enthusiastic" followers here. Personally, I think RG's comment was aimed at expansions and paying for them instead of monthly fees. There is nothing in the Add-On store that is required to play or "win" the game. There is no "nickle and diming" going on (opinion, see what I mean??)

I appreciate the Add-On store because I am here as a BACKER, yes I can get the same silly fishing pole in-game but this gives me the opportunity to continue funding the effort that I believe in, and I get a silly fishing pole for it! There is nothing WIN about buying a house or a basement or a fishing pole.

I don't see anyone complaining about the pledge tiers, same thing goes on there...

3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I agree with you, friend.
    But sometimes it seems personal when you get 20+ comments on your comment explaining in great detail and many different ways exactly how wrong you are.

Koldar likes this.
  4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I wasnt making fun of anyone with my post...I ...the fishing pole just struck my funny bone and I laughed about it...

I see it as a humorous purchase for me, an indestructable fishing pole.... I have visions of running around swatting people, trees and monsters with it :D

BillRoy and rild like this.
  5. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

@ BillRoy, Theres nothing wrong with unification, although very likely a "lifes work".

But if you can get any two Billigerents to the "Table". Show them that both can pull something they each want from it. Might take less time.

Example: Get PvP & PE to the Table, could improve the final combat model for both styles. I'm playing both, I want both to work best (that they can).

Example: Allowing the Devs, RG & Starr, not to feel that they have to word an Update like a National Document.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I bought the poll too. I hope they only sell it online until the game starts so it becomes a rare item too. LoL My gut is telling me this is going to be one of those cool items people will pay through the nose to get later. Even if there are better poles craftable in the game (or polls for different purposes). Some day somebody is going to want to buy this to hang it on thier wall, and they'll pay through the nose with in game gold for it. ;)

Just imagine how cool it will be to have your very own "Fishing Pole of Prosperity" hanging on the wall of your Knight's keep some day.

Koldar likes this.
  7. Kal Morte

Kal Morte Avatar

I guess my fear is that a fishing pole is super easy to make and there is no reservation about going fishing with 3-4 poles at a time, negating the reason to covet an indestructable one.

8. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I wonder, will they have a gardening hoe of fertility? Lol, I would probably buy that too. :)

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I was hoping months ago that they would have an in game little magic dingy that would shrink to the size of a trinket, but will expand when we need it to pass through small bodies of water.

MagiK likes this.
  10. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

You mean for the purpose of witch hunts???:eek:

11. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Indestructible.

12. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

There is already a precedent for some indestructable tools through the pledge tier that gives you one crafting tool that will never wear out. I can see the concerns the OP has but I will give Portalarium the benefit of the doubt until stuff like more powerful arms and armour, or crafting tools that offer signifigant advantages show up on there.

13. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

No,no, heh. With Witches just put them in water. If they float, they are a Witch, If they sink and drown, their innocent. anyone knows that.

BillRoy likes this.
  14. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

I agree. I have sorta gotten to this point and had some luck/progress with PvE players in this thread, pages 12-15 or so:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...pen-pvp-and-full-loot.3140/page-13#post-60726

I then created this thread in summary:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...velopment-and-non-pvp-influence-thereof.3605/

Deathblow likes this.
  15. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Just have to point out the irony here... You realize of course that you are doing precisely what you are condemming others for doing.... disagreeing with someone.

No one is getting nasty to Asguard on a personal level that I have seen. They've just disagreed with his statements, or pointed out where (they believe) there are fallacies.

People do, and will always, disagree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problems arise not when you disagree with someone, but when you do it in such a way as to belittle them, their intelligence, morality, personality, etc, etc, etc.

16. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

If someone disagrees with me on my convoluted delusional perception of reality, clearly they are the ones that have "shown their true faces" not me showing my delusional crazy face. Also generalizing that everyone is against me doesn't sound paranoid at all.

- Summary of Billroy and everything he has to offer in this thread.

Pretty awesome that our community is so unified against these ridiculous fits of E-tears. This is a good sign. Fairly obvious no one took this thread serious past page 1 except the handnful of misguided people that started the convorsation.

17. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Merci Jack.

18. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

OR if she weighs as much as a duck you could build a bridge out of her :D
    before she turns you into a newt...but you will get better ;)

Deathblow likes this.
  19. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Deathblow, Fox_Cunning and MagiK like this.
  20. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

One of my all time favorite scenes Asguard :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.