Cap for Sieges removed explained it was a mistake, a fix for somthign else should not have hit siege

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Army Problem Solving - Identify problem, work on a solution, implement solution, did it work? . .

Siege Scenes: A change was made in R62 to address a balance issue that moved Sieges to be shared scenes vs private. This has created too many negative side effects and we’re returning these to their previous functionality. For at least the start of the release, we’re setting level and skill caps in sieges to 80 and 100.

What was the problem.

How does this solve the problem.

Does it work?

yes the does require a complete assessment for up player who actually Play this game.

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed, I don't know what this is trying to "fix", but I sure know it's going to piss off a major portion of the player base.

amarious, Dhanas and kaeshiva like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'm not a dev but capping adv lvl and skills in a scene would appear to help normalize the experience for mid range and higher level players

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

People are gopin to jump on me develpers are going to complain that they do not owe any explanation.

However LOOONG ago I made this statement, I will find it if you want.

Look you guys ened to be carful about creating a system that player will just grind out exp then hop back on a Gust Ball or Pratcice dummy and gain skills. You are creating a system that promotes this exact mechanic.

jump to today, player go to UT site there for 10 - 20 minutes gain 1 few mill exp , THEY sit there for HOURS, and then go train a skill

I however wander around kill here and there stick to a template and play the game sure I am hindered by my choices, however NOW I am hindered because of WHAT. piss poor development, player who abuse the mechanics?

Yeah I am pissed, and am entitled to it.

5. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Are we reading it wrong and there's a version of the sieges for 80 - 100 and another 100+? I'm not understanding what happens when you're less than 80, between 80 - 100 and above 100

Crendel likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NOT A VALID EXCUSE, I worked HARD for my skillz

Feeyo likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

do not care part of the explanation what is actually happeneg

still a mistake and is going to HURT players who play the game.

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Your adventurer level gets capped at level 80. Any skills you have above 100 get capped at 100. Any skills below 100 are left alone.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Im done till I get banned or a reply

10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

we should make a poll, ban weins or reply to him

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And why should *any* scene be normalized? They have a clearly marked difficult level. For example, sieges are Tier 4. There's zero reason to cap them other than to ensure players quit...

12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Some ppl can clean contents using their irl player skills even if low level and some can choose to increase their level/power to be able to clean the same content.
    I find it absolutely inappriopriate to deny to who is not so good at playing the chance to compete with high (IRL) skilled players putting caps on scenes.

Even if: "For at least the start of the release"

13. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Fixed.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

If you're adv level 125 (more hp and focus) and your skills are 130-140 .. it brings you back down to the adv lvl 80 and skill effectiveness of 100. So less hp/focus and less damage from skills .. I'm guessing because the cabalist/siege encounters are always supposed to have a certain difficulty experience regardless of how long you've been playing?

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I didn't ask what it does. I know what it does. I said there zero reason to cap them other than to ensure people quit. Keep in mind that there is a SOLO daily in the scene, so SOLOING is essentially a mandatory function of sieges. Capping does nothing positive.

16. eli

eli Avatar

So here's the answer you are going to hate and discredit:

- they made sieges strong for farming wood and loot and xp
    - they made sieges multiplayer only, which made the people farming compete with casual players just wanting to have a good time, probably "stealing" scenes from the perspective of the casuals.
    - no one wants to be farmed over, not only reducing your actual loot rate, but making your loot more trivial in the context of farmed loot rates.
    - the response is to hide farming by pushing it back into party instances
    - but now they know that farming is an issue so they are level capping the scenes to make that harder.

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Then they nerfed it so it gives only a tiny amount of wood. The loot is laughable, and the XP isn't that great.

What it did is make it so groups would come in and steal the cabalist(s) and other nefarious activity after someone else did all the hard work of clearing the siege engineers.

There are better ways to farm wood. The only 2 real reasons to do sieges are the SOLO daily and the extremely minute chance you might get a cabalist item to drop from a cabalist (Which I've never had happen in the hundreds of sieges I've ran).

18. eli

eli Avatar

ok what's your theory then hot shot

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They already drastically reduced the wood from siege engineers, so further nerfs are unnecessary.

Boris Mondragon, FrostII and Mishikal like this.
  20. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

what is teh better way to farm wood? Sieges are wood collecting OP near as I can tell.

eli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.