Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Check Dash Fizzle please

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by 2112Starman, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My dash has always had a high fizzle rate. While moving, I have a 49% chance to cast it and it "feels" like its much much worse.

For example, I just failed casting it (at 49%) 15 times in a row before it cast.

Chatele likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

just tried again, 6 fizzles before cast.

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Glad it's not just me. Feels super hit/miss. Sometimes it's like I won the lotto and I can be running for days and cast it the first/second attempt, other times I'll get to where I wanted to dash to and the thing still hasn't stopped fizzling (15+ times, same % chance as Star). Granted this is probably the only spell that I'm constantly casting like this so it very well just may be that I notice this one's terrible fizzle streaks much more than others.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not seeing this in QA. Can you confirm?

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I havn't run into this one in particular, but I do quite often get into a situation where attempting to cast dash while moving is simply ignored. It seems to happen when I'm doing obstacle course things, changing directions often, jumping, etc, and try to use the number to cast a spell. I don't get a fizzle message, the spell just never casts. I have to stop, cast it, and then it starts working again for a while.

(Even worse is when I try to cast an attack spell using the mouse and the spell starts charging even after I release the mouse. I have to click somewhere to cast it, which throws off my timing. But that only happens in combat.)

6. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I dash wherever I go. On first attempt while standing still, I almost always get it first try. Once running, most times I succeed with one or two tries, with 1 in 10 taking 4 tries.
    Level 64, fizzle 18.9%.
    All leather armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.