Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chosing your Paths . . . . .

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Weins201, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually, there is a drawback, from what I can tell...

The more skills you have that you don't use, the more slugs you have in a drawn deck. So, if you do use a drawn deck and don't want to use any of the skills you start off with, you're going to have a bunch of slugs from them.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more its obvious that the way slugs work are a loose end in the whole transition to use-based. Aside from this one scenario, suppose you train a skill that you decide you don't want later.

I think its something the devs need to think about.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This was an information post about how to make the choices, NOT about how you see an imaginary cap, or what you don't like about the system - Stay on topic or go make you own thread please.

Devs please just lock this, its message was posted and now it is just a troll fest.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes no worries though, why does it matter if a thread that has been played out then moves on to chatting. sheesh:)

5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Thanks for posting the information. The OP and title weren't clear that you didn't want any commentary, and that's what forums are for: Commentary. Topics are introduced, and we discuss.

You so nicely posted all the facts surrounding path choosing, how else were we supposed to talk about it?

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

This seems to be a relatively even keeled discussion. No need for censorship just cause you don't approve of the way the subject is being discussed.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No they don't they thought about it quit well and it works as intended nothing hidden in there. How slugs work? - just because you have a skill trained does nothing to your slug count.

Slug count still goes of some weird thing with levels.

How do you get rid of slugs, you drag glyphs into the box for skills, You get 1 at start 2 at 10, 3 at 20, 4 at 40 and 5 at 80. So to offset 20 slugs you nee 20 level 1-10 skills or 5 level 40 glyphs

So a higher trained char can use a focused set of skills to use unlocked glyphs - so For Me Bludgeons will have 5 unlocked spots in which I will stack all 6 of the Attack Skill Glyphs in and dump all I can from those skills into the pool.

I have Easily covered all my slugs and have 7 unlocked spots in my hand and have not ONE skill with more than 3 cards.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Weins201,

I'm not sure what you're saying. If you have glyphs that you aren't using in your deck, it adds to your slug count, right? If you have a skill that's at the very least trained, even if its just level 1, that's at least 1 glyph that's not added to your deck.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Just because you have it trainied it does not add to the size of your hand.

For Example, I don't remember exactly how it worked before but I am sure it still works similarly

Adv Level 5 - 10
    Adv level 10 - 15
    Adv level 15 - 20
    Adv level 20 - 25

So as you went up in level you could have more cards in your hand. If you used you glyphs which you trained took away from your slugs.

So you train a skill up to 20 which give you 3 cards of that glyph to use (or not)

Soooo at Adv leve 15 you would need to have at least 20 cards which would be 7 level 20 skills = 21 cards if you only had 6 level 20 skills trained you are forced to have at least 2 slugs in your deck.

Training a skill does NOT add to deck size - by your thinking just because you trained 6 level 20 skills your deck size is 18, and you are getting a slug because you don't want to use a skill?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

This comes straight from Ultima IV. The basis is that mages cannot unlock the secrets of the universe without honoring truth above all in their research. It doesn't mean mages are honest per say. The city. Moonglow, in the olden days was mages practicing honesty as it serves them best out of all the virtues in their pursuit for ultimate knowledge. Truth does not equate directly to honor - it is honesty (truth in action). Honor is love+truth.

What I find surprising is that rangers (archers) are coming from love. But then I guess it aligns most closely with 'cupid' and since a bard is not really a fighting class it only makes sense to go ranged. If I was a bard, personally, I would want to fight from range to ensure I could tell the tale later on.

Courage being a swordsman makes sense.

I'd love to go into a history story here, but then I'd probably be giving away some info that I think will be unearthed about the number of virtues as we play the game. But think combining the three we know to come up with more.
    Here is a link for people interested in the lore of U4. It shows the Virtues and what class you become based on picking a virtue the most.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Miracle Dragon likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We are only seeing the love, truth, and courage right now. The other 4 episodes will offer more virtues.:)

Bluefire likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Weins201,

So you're saying they changed how slugs work ? Okay, I just didn't notice the difference so far. They way they always worked before use-based was unused glyphs added to your slug count. So if you had two decks that you swapped between, and each of them had half your glyphs, then each would have slugs -- no matter how many glyphs were in each deck -- simply because of the glyphs that were missing.

So far, I just noticed when I started out that my deck had been full of slugs. I assumed that was because of all of the unused glyphs, and if you're right that they changed how slugs work, then that's another explanation.

Miracle Dragon and Weins201 like this.
  13. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

I'm still leaning towards a variation of Artemis. Mostly because I can't see Cupid hunting down, skinning, and eating a bear. I do see the humor in it though...

Bluefire likes this.
  14. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Interesting draw on Artemis. Not known for love, but certainly considered typically good for women and a great hunter. Absolutely on the humor.

15. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

So true. We have so much to do to help the people of New Brittania rediscover the base three before we can help them grow further. :D But, you know... Love is all we need.

Miracle Dragon and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.