Chris new changes about decay.. death.. 10000 xp for newbies...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you majoria, and I agree. Right now I fear that this game is no fun, at least for the casual or the minimal pledge people. If there where more RP rules and then it might help.

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

not everyone, but if we have these two major parts - ecoomy/ crafting/ selling and PVP which are both competetive than of course people who want to participate in one or both of this content need to catch up.
    i dont say it should be able in 3 Weeks or 3 Month, but with some time playing everybody should be able to defend himself against a PK in a PvP Scene.
    agree
    this!
    you know the Problem is, it will take me another year to maybe be ready for the Rise - thats ok somehow i need not clear the Rise after a year of playing, but i ont want to be stucked at Sequanna like Scenes (i even can barely fight 2 Mobs there) to be once ready to do something else. and to be competetive in a PvP Scene etc..

On the other Hand i do believe that even if we have a classless system, that doesnt mean or shouldnt be a system without classes or choices to make about your character development.

We have a classless skillsystem - now everybody should build a class of its own and not master everything - thats not what a classless system is about imho.

Things need to get nerfed - i am allways for harder things, i like the decay, i like it to have only one bind spot, i like many things that make the game hard - thats not my problem as a casual -
    My Problem is, i one day want to be strong and a vital character, someone who is maybe not the best, but fearfull enough to be no onehit sheep in a PvP Zone.

If i remember what chars we have and what chars i met (and honestly thats not against them in person - i really like some of them, as they ever helped me or offered me help)
    i would have to make a choice - i can stay the looser but play my choosen Role and "class" or i can try to skill every single mage skill as high as possible and use gear i don't want - 2 wands instead of one staff and such things.

I cannot believe that this is woring as intended and i think we will see more unpopular nerfes to some really OP Chars - like we see now with decay.

I think these nerfs are neccessary to close the gap between players, and not because i wont grant them to be that powerfull, but because i think this in the long term is nor good for PvP neither for Economy and Crafting.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Great point, and that is indeed the game challenge to provide solid content for all the levels. I have good friends that have slowed their game time because there is not that much to do and others that are not pleased that high level content is so easy for maxed out players. I am not the one with answers and I am not the one suggesting that anyone is wrong. I am only the one that is trying to see the beauty of what we do have. I spent years of my life passionately arguing on this forum for what I believed in. In the end, I am so happy that the developers have brains of their own. Every idea has its own genius. In my honest opinion, the worst thing developers could have done was yielded to the thousands of threads asking for easier content. The one and only serious error in judgment was teleport scrolls.

@Ravicus Domdred, What I meant by that is not this game was that the choices are in the hands of the developers. It was not an ego sword.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Difficulty to me is not making me run for 10 minutes in and out of scenes to get where I want to be, or grind endlessly in order to advance past a rediculous decay system. Haven't played but 2 hours this weekend and because I played those hours in the middle I have 130K worth of decay to over come. Hmm.... really makes me want to log in and grind some more. Well I'm going to bed....

And as for your 10k a day of freeloader Exp, if I get a chance to log in, I have this to say. A Turd is a Turd no matter what color Crap you spread on it... It still stinks.

5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Yes it should, game was too easy.
    Why ? More, I`m sure decay should be in PVP. Btw I`m level 100, and hits me too. In any case if decay stops you from playing its not a problem of decay, you just love EXP too much.
    Its not true. I like decay feature, in real world death is final. But decay is partly related to the pro sport guys who after vacations have bad form, and need few months to be on the peak.
    Next time you would not forget food and potions, its experience :)

P.S. 10k for login is great.
    P.S.S. At Friday, I was dead around 20-40 times, the deep night, I just forget the exact number. Yes I lost some experience, but it was smaller than 1 hour in DRW. Finally, I got a result, I was happy, did few hundreds k of Exp cost it? Definitely yes!

EMPstrike likes this.
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

emh.. 10 weak skeletons... for me the only bad thing is loosing 100.000(or more) of pool when dying.... giving back 10K.. mean loosing 90.000(or more) ... umh ... for high-level players seems that nothing changes

Chatele and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yea im in same boat almost identically.
    Sure its about 20 min or so in ideal spot.. fully prepped n such.. but its enough im like eeeeeehhh ima spend the little patchs or time i got on other things.

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It's not supposed to. That 10k is to cushion people who play occasionally.
    your decay is only 50 weak skeletons an hour.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Pro tip about decay: don't die.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is inaccurate. With decay in, the level a person is capable of reaching is only dependant on how good they are. If you dont die, you wont lose XP. If you die alot, somone who doesnt die will close in on you and eventually surpass you.

That being said it could take years, and it is not at all required to outlevel the endgame to be good at the endgame. Nor is it required to be the same level in PvP where levels have absolutely no calculation into the fight whatsoever.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Exactly!!!

12. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

True, i avoid group playing and didnt went into any new scene... it works !
    It became a bit lonely and boring in my T4 grinding Zone but at least i wont die...

Scraps MacMutt and Sir_Michael like this.
  13. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Some people love thrill rides, which indicate fear, fear can be fun! :D

Totally agreed that dying from LAG should be resolved. No argument there whatsoever.

14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Umm ok.

15. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

If losing exp is what is making you not want to die then, great, but I also believe if that is the case there would be a lot of alternatives that would do the same.

I would prefer everything I have looted/accumulated in the scene remains on my corpse. That would actually make it interesting if I collected things I want to get out with. Having a threat of just extra grinding time does not make me not want to dye, it makes me not want to play.

EMPstrike likes this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Having not read comments, just the OP Ill say this:

This change is not "complicated" in fact it obtusely over simplified. It truly makes me worry about this game at times when Chris comes up with solutions like this. There are some serious structural issues with the game that need to be resolved and have been for a long time and people have complained about them for a long time. What has happend a lot lately is Chris just slams some silly thing in as a "patch". Fixing this issue with just throwing 10K XP at people every day smacks a bit of desperation on the dev team. They know there is a problem and instead of fixing it, they slap bubble gum on it.

Look at the other recent bubble gum patch's like Buffs.

Starman is pleading for Dark Starr to come back and get a handle on this stuff.

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

If that's your way to manage it, so be it :rolleyes:
    So, it's the games fault that you miscalculated the risk and doesn't want to deal with the consequences?

Logain likes this.
  18. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

How could i miscalculated the risks if i have no reference how hard a new scene could be ?
    And risk vs. reward is like losing a few hundred thousand adventurer XP vs. 11 gold and a garlic as loot....

fonsvitae likes this.
  19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

No reference?
    Skulls?
    The color is of the mob tags?

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Sounds like having the rewards be better is a far better possibility then. Since decay is going nowhere, that sounds like a good way to approach the issue from a different angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.