Chris new changes about decay.. death.. 10000 xp for newbies...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

A lot of folks, myself included, believe this bonus XP can/will/should be rolled into a more fleshed out REST bonus XP and as a fully functional game system in time.

majoria70 and 2112Starman like this.
  2. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Has there been any discussion of combining hard and soft cap ideas into one system?

For example:
    Allow a player to designate x # of skills as their core skills, which would make those skills immune to decay below GM level.

That way everyone would be on a somewhat even playing field with a base number of GM skills. People who want to go beyond that could train more skills or choose to continue past GM in their core skills, but those would be affected by decay (and possibly a harsher version of decay than what we have today).

That seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Portalarium said decay isnt going anywhere and alot of what i was responding to were statments the seemed to imply that "everyone hates decay" and "portalarium ignores players", which are both false statments and also repeated from thread to thread by the same people.

This is something i felt they should do with crafting to promote interpersonal trade for materials and reduce need to grind. As far as those getting GMs and beyond being affected by decay, those people and people who dont adventure are the only people decay is decreasing skills on atm (and people who grind thier xp pool to 0).

4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We've responded quite a bit about decay and XP loss. Yes, Chris and team are working on it and always will be considering ways to further tweak it. Going to close this thread down now though due to us continually going around and repeatedly creating new posts on this exact topic.

Here are some opportunities to ask pointed and direct/brief questions on the subject!:

- Tomorrow's Reddit AMA
    - R43 Postmortem
    - The next telethon

We look forward to your questions on these events!

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.