1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Collector's Boxes Shipping & Arriving!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think the problem is that some people got boxes that didn't belong to them. Were those boxes returned, or did they keep them?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Still I would send ATOS your real name, account name, and address in game by mail to get your boxes. He won't always see what he needs to look for it, who knows you could have fallen in a black hole. Just to say you have not got a box does not correct a problem as much as just doing the little bit of work to say 'hey I am so and so here's my account name,here's my address, and I pledged at tier whatever". This will get you better results than waiting and waiting on these forums. They are just too busy to research back and find out all the information in what seems like a big mess. So get busy and take some action, well just an fyi and imo. So no name and addresses on here but privately get them to Chris.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Chris said he's going to dedicate one stream a week to packaging up boxes and getting them out, the last one he got through 40+ boxes.

[​IMG]

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yep, Chris confirmed this on today's livestream. In particular, a shortage of maps signed by Richard. He just got a new batch of them to send out.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  5. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

It is nice that Chris got a number of boxes out once this week, but before we pat him on the back too much and celebrate that the rest will finely go out, he also said the same thing back in early February, then promptly did not do what he said. Time will tell if he keeps at it - I really hope he does, but past performance and all...

Remember kids, it's your fault the box hasn't gotten to you yet - you just need to work harder if you really want it. Jump up and down on Chris' stream and send him your information again, or you just don't want that box bad enough I guess. Sigh, is it too much to ask Port to have an accurate list and just go down it name by name to work these, rather than the gymnastics to get Chris' attention for specific people?

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

He's sending out more boxes today, so he's keeping on top of it. Looks like the one for myself and the one for my wife go out today, hurray.

7. dnisis

dnisis Avatar

After sending info to Chris I received a message about 4 hours ago from him with a tracking number. Hopefully post office gets it today and it is on the way.

Lained likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can send him a mail in game too. His in game name is atos. So you don't have to watch the stream. The issues with shipping happened, we can't un-do that just go forward.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I have sent multiple messages about the box I haven't received to support@portalarium.com ... and am still waiting for my box.

Customer support is one of the most important things for a company to focus on, and I'm afraid they've missed the ball on this one...

Waiting this long is ridiculous... and to quote Jon Taffer - "I don't embrace excuses... I embrace solutions."

Amelli and Montaigne like this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I have a box arriving on Monday from @Chris via STAMPS.COM. I believe it will contain both my pledge box and my wife's pledge box. So there is definitely movement on the boxes.

11. dnisis

dnisis Avatar

I got my box yesterday. It is nice to finally have it here.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  12. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

I have to admit, that I at all but forgotten about this game. I pledged over $500 during the kickstarter but so much is happened since then. Bought a house, had a couple kids, new job, etc.

On a whim I logged in today just to see what ever happened to this game. I was surprised to see that people had received physical copies as far back as August 2018. I guess I wasn’t in that wave (or any wave since).

Still, it would be nice to have…. Emailed support.

13. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Chris responded in less than a day to my private message about physical goods. woot.
    Regarding buying a house and getting a new job, you can do that too in SOTA... not sure about the kids parts yet.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Mishikal like this.
  14. AlexanderDeLarge

AlexanderDeLarge Avatar

I have sent multiple emails (dating back to March) regarding my $575 pledge that I have received absolutely nothing physical and I haven't gotten a single response from customer service.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  15. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

Like you I've no response from multiple emails (since the first mail out last year) nor alas PM sent direct to @Chris either, it's very depressing indeed. I pledged at knight Marshall level but tbh it's immaterial what level we all pledged at as a pledge is a pledge imho and we deserve the respect that comes with basically donating however much people can afford to receive what was promised at the outset.

Synergy Blaize, Montaigne and Amelli like this.
  16. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@AlexanderDeLarge @Fungus44 I can vouch that customer service emails are seriously back logged. Chris usually is good on PMs but I also fear he must get a crapton of them. You could try catching him on stream https://www.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar I believe hes currently out of LB signed maps but has alternative maps if you're happy

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a little bit of the ultra-violence my little droogie brother?

[​IMG]

Gia2 and HoustonDragon like this.
  18. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

It's actually kinda sad to Me...
    I saw your post above & noted how few posts you have made & wondered if you were Trolling, so I looked at your posts & realized that you weren't.
    It is definitely troubling that you @AlexanderDeLarge , still continue to be missing items that Lord British himself pledged/promised to you.

I also fully understand & know that @Chris Spears/Atos,
    has been trying very hard to fulfill Backers/Pledgers items that should have already been received, despite apparent lack of communication, as to where the LB signed maps could be found!
    I will advise you that a major change was made in Staff last Year & the most recent Customer Service Rep, has left & moved on & as such there is a delay in responding to Customer Service Tickets.

I feel that Chris/Atos, held his head up high & managed to "talk his way through" this saga, without casting shade.....

It seems apparent, that largely LB has removed his interest in this game he started....
    & largely left the responsibility for ownership & feedback to both Darkstarr & Atos/Chris.

All I can say is that You will receive your entitlements due to the ongoing tenacity of Chris (& Darkstarr)
    Despite Richards seeming lack of interest anymore...
    I do trust, you will receive what you are entitled to soon

19. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

@Synergy Blaize I can assure you as you summarized I am not trolling purely totally and utterly frustrated; it really does seem to be a case of who you are etc. I've 'invested' over $3,000.00 into SotA and would buy more from store if I was playing but I stoutly refuse to put anything more in to the pot nor play the game until I receive my original day 1 kickstart pledge promised by Portalarium.

If it means my map isn't signed, I don't care just send it blank with rest of stuff I'm due however just a quick email or a response to my inbox message would suffice to say 'hey not forgotten you, it'll be with you by XXXXXX' would suffice but, I only log in to forums now to see if there's an update on delivery schedule, I am not interested in watching a youtube etc. to see if I'm one of the 'lucky ones' (sarcasm off)

I've got to look at the small print in legal stuff I guess at some point to see what recourse we have if any regarding physical rewards, as I will keep asking on the forums 'where's my box?' until it arrives or I see what other channels there are to ensure I get it, I'm loathed to do so but will on principle if it's a realistic option and cannot get an official reply to my emails / inbox messages, all of which I've saved in a dated folder.

Surely that this thread is still active with long term backers still awaiting rewards others received 8 months ago must be an easy embarrassment to clear up and remedy?

Amelli, Xandra7, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  20. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Fungus44 I am as confident as I can be, that those who are missing their pledge rewards, will indeed be getting them soon.

I have heard the "roadblock" in getting the signed maps has been resolved & Chris has taken control in dispatching the items.
    I have faith in Chris & his tenacity in getting this rectified, once & for all, for all of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.