Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

The only reason UO didn't die when it had open PvP was because people had nowhere else to go. Not a single game that catered to the hardcore PvP crowd has ever prospered.

And yea, games have systems that "punish" PKs, but those are like when they fine a bank a million bucks for making shady deals that earned them ten. The fine is just the cost of doing business, it does nothing to make them stop.

Silent Strider and Sir Cabirus like this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Bye then...if you have given up then no point arguing with you....see ya...so long.

3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

how is this helping? this is exactly what causes such a rift in these communities, shame!

Net likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not going to sugar coat some nice respone to someone who a) already gave up on the game and this community(his words in the qoute I used.) b) used care bear.

If you don't think his message causes a rift I'm not sure what to say.

5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

well, then, I'm not going to sugar coat it for you then, I'm sick of some around here trying to chase people off due to an opposing viewpoint and its most prevelant here in this debate, smurfs, the new griefer!

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not chasing off anyone...I told him there was no point arguing his points because he already quit....cute little jab you had there though....

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I might be jumping the gun a little bit on this one but i really am sick of the anti pk dog pile that takes place on these forums, its not good for this community at all.

KuBaTRiZeS and Keira OFaolain like this.
  8. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

You know in my opinion this fight between PvP and non PvP as a simple fix the first off non PvP ers have nothing to worrie about so their is no issues. When you flag for open PVP their should be a 7 day cool down before you can unflag. When you do flag it should change your loot law to lootable even if its not full loot atleast their is something. Bam fixed and good for both sides

Moonshadow likes this.
  9. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I guess I should also say for those who like PVP once in awhile could still duel with out fear of getting looted... or perhaps a gump could pop up asking for loot permission.

10. bassaX

bassaX Avatar

You know what South Park's creators said? Either we can make fun of everythink or of nothing. So if you can chose you want to PvP by setting flag and not by the way you play the game it's to simple and casual. You know, this aggresive "ihatepvp" guy is like hundreds from DarkFall community. They were very offensive, crying to make them non pvp zones, make PvP from 40 hotkeys to 8 and so on. Aventurine made what they demanded. One question. Where are these "we need casual game" players? Who knows but casual version of DarkFall is dead and may be they are here already.

Moonshadow and Keira OFaolain like this.
  11. bassaX

bassaX Avatar

Once again, sandbox game or just a Game with "G" should not tell you what to do. If the game will allow me to duel and not to attack the person I want but the person I can due to game mechanics I would chose Dota or LoL.

12. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Its called compromise. I like PvP, Im even flaged in game. Even if i am still learning. But it isnt for everyone. That is why their should be choice. I choose to PvP. As you said the game should not tell me i have to PvP.

4EverLost, Net, Mata and 2 others like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The current thinking the devs have been putting out there works. Any fighting PvP/PvE is due to people wanting to change the current thinking.

The fight is PvP vs Devs vs PvE. Only the forums have the communication of the devs much slower than the other 2.

Take the current thinking as fact and the fight doesn't happen. Take it as a variable and the loudest voices will clash.

14. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Or Portalarium just could assure that PvP will stay consensual and simply close this thread ;)

4EverLost, Mata and Xandra7 like this.
  15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Why? They have stated from the beginning, PvP is consensual.

Discussing what is enjoyed and not enjoyed is part of the process. Losing sight of the actual plan can be an issue but that is handled when it starts to blow up.

If I posting the statement of the game being consensual every time someone makes a non consensual PvP thread/post I am accused of griefing PvP. When in fact I am simply pointing out the dev's intent.

If the staff/mods did the same thing, you think they would be attacked as griefing PvP? It's happened already.

They are taking the route of allowing the discussions to flow and expecting personal responsibility to keep us civil.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  16. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

They did though sometimes I do wonder about there use of the word "consensual", if we were talking about sex then the way they have been suggesting that people be induced and panellised if they DON'T consent would still land them with a **** charge. Consent needs to be informed and freely given, not manipulated.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

And this is where the PvP threads blow up. The term consent means something very different to each individual. Also, when consent is given and how long.

The finer details of consent are very in depth. For example: PvP hex that spawns a resource only obtainable in that zone. It's consensual because you enter the zone then choose to flag PvP. But if that resource is the best resource in the game it can be considered a requirement to PvP.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  18. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Because to debate on a point which is already decided is pointless. Unless one is a person who likes unnecessary quarrels and anger.

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then define consensual. The meaning is the inevitable direction for all PvP topics that resist the decided. Each of us have our own slant on how consent is given and removed, or how it should be.

20. BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle Avatar

Eve Online would like a word.

Moonshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.