Death Losses while PVPing are suppose to be none.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Andartianna, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Please tell me how you would acomplish this with our zone system. you cant. no matter how much effort you put down to make my life miserable its less effort for me to leave the scene.

I have been hunted in Tibia where you lose (at that time) several levels when killed and all your gear. still managed to level and there was even a spell to track players. so give it your best ot would just add to my gaming experience. I like hardships but that is clearly an offense in SotA...

2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Ok so lets be clear your opinion is not based on any egalitarian view of what would be best for the game or best for the majority of players? Please message me whenever you are in game and I will be happy to make the game as hard for you as you desire. I am obviously awake at the same time as you since I work on European servers and we are chatting right now. For everyone else that is not hiding in single player mode pretending they are actually pvpers. What is your reason for whatever opinion you might have? Break it down to the best points maybe we can come up of some ideas.

belijaal and MrBlight like this.
  3. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I have the same name in game and I only play MPO as for finding me thats your job :p
    im one of those that wanted forced pvp for everyone so running pvp flag all the time is the closest i can get. theres no thrill for me if i cant get ganked or cant lose stuff that ive worked for. its on the extreme low end as it is. Most ive had to pay is like 3-4k, make that even less and the game is a giant snooze fest. Died twice whilst hunting last night that took me 30 min to get back.

I get not losing exp from duels but for the rest a death is a death and you should feel it HARD

IMHO

Moiseyev Trueden and Stundorn like this.
  4. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

A death is a death.. You die in PvP or in PVE it should count for skill decay plain and simple.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Why should PvPers dont have a death decay?
    If someone dies he suffers decay - simple as that.
    No matter why or by what you die.
    What do the PvPers try to install - Arena PvP Rulesets or Sandbox PvP?
    serious - there is nobody in PvP because there is no balance and PvP want you to grind your ass of, cherrypick skills and then have only a challenge if you meet one of the highend/ -level players.
    PvP is dead because it's only inviting elite players, hardcore gamers, grind lovers...

I like PvP - i would flag if it wouldnt be such a imbalance and force me to pick skills and whole trees i need to skill i just don't like, because they do not fit my role for RP!

The whole system is balanced for SP, not for PvP - this wont change, so PvP is only a more dangerous version of PvE.
    In some Scenes you are forced to and beyond that you can flag voluntarily (consensual).

I cannot see a single valid argument, why people should not suffer death decay from dying in PvP other than the want of endless growing, achieving numbers and such.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Lets be honest here, what is the biggest issue players are having with the game right now? Decay, most post are about the hate for the decay system. Now, you think having decay from pvp is going to make that better or worse? Many people like the pvp tourneys because you don't have to worry about paying to get your gear back, how do you think they will like losing exp? When this started happening, some people stopped going to the tourneys, its and not even a given you are going to lose exp. Even just practicing becomes harder as the people have to make sure not to kill each other or suffer from decay just to practice.

7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

well yeah sorta

didnt say i havent pvped I said im not top 20(nowhere near) as in i lack the skills personally not that i dont do it.
    I havent quested and i dont weigh nothing in there at all. Didnt take that as being too nice either just as your passive aggressive post lol ;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Devils Advocate: The reason that idea will never work is because it is trivial to have a secondary account in a friends instance mode with you, both flagged pvp, constantly casting small pvp related spells on each other, so that when they die while PVE'ing their "pvp flag" is set, and so they would now be immune to PVE decay.

Whenever you think of a simple/obvious solution, ask yourself how it can be abused. Odds are it can, and thats why the devs haven't done it. Isolating people who die from pvp, vs pve, is hard to do in a way that is non-exploitable. And the devs probably err on the side of false positives (you decay) rather than false negatives (no decay, free farming).

Possible Counterarguments:
    Well only make it affect people flagged pvp in multiplayer -> Same issue, i can just hide in a very remote, out of the way instanced area, that is already full so you can't join.
    Well only make it affect people flagged pvp in multiplayer with people they're not grouped with -> Ok now my alt is ungrouped.
    Well only make it affect people who have had pvp kills in the last 24 hours -> Ok now my alt and me kill my third alt a couple times each day.
    Well only make it affect people who have had multiple unique pvp kills in the last 24 hours -> Ok my alt and me kill my alts 3-7 that i have due to buying bundles that come with free accounts.
    Well only make it affect people who have had multiple unique pvp kills in the last 24 hours of people comparable to their level -> Me and my guild buddy carl over there are gonna trade kills, since we lose no decay it doesn't affect anything.

Sidenote: Rules of logical discourse - If you have to bicker about how much playtime you do/don't have, or how someone "doesn't play like you so they don't have an opinion", you have no argument. Argue about peoples arguments, not about their credentials. If their argument is bad because they haven't played, you can show that by deconstructing their argument. If you have to say "lol no noob", you aren't arguing, you're flinging poo. Don't be a monkey, don't fling poo. Anytime spent arguing things that are NOT the argument, are a waste of space that could be filled with more arguments about the argument. :)

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh okay deleted due to feelings.

Simply put, more penalty to an already bad pvp system is dumb.
    Say bye to tournies and any organized pvp with this penalty. And say bye to risk vs reward for flagging in open world.

Personally i dont think you should be pushing for changed on a feature your not participating in.

Personally i think emotes should cause durability hits. Why do RPers not get penalized but PvPers do? If i cant practice pvp penalty free, you shouldnt be able to dance or do emoted without penalty.
    And decay should hit the crafting tree then too.

Why are crafters exempt? Decay should hit crafters per failed item then. If i fail in pvp i loose exp? You fail craftinf you can loose exp. Its oky the decay is only like 20 min to make up right?

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Agree, but then we can build from scratch wow2 or just add more accessible teleport system, bring the exclamations marks back and isolate harvesting from PvE aka make Mines have more ore's and less or even no Mobs where the ore is etc...
    Thing is this game does not want to be like other games and its a try of a reinkarnation of oldsql RP games.
    And yes many "Features" are unpopular now and were replaced, but imho these replacements were all much much more immersion breaking and bad choices to me.
    I liked them allways, especially death decays.
    I think this game is made for people who like the "clunky" features from the past more than these "polished" mass appealing Games since then.

I would like to loose gear more often or have no chance to repair it.
    I would like to be limited in trees, to need to make decisions and have 100% things i will never be able to do.
    I would like to have no teleport system, or maybe only Rifts or very spezialized runebooks.
    I would like to have Passes have a Meaning and bosses arent soloable and epic and rare random spawns,
    i would like to make it even darker in the night and that they do a clear Statement about that these things what some people complain about are intended!

There are so many things...
    I complained about the Map Integration.
    The whole thing about ingame maps now is gone. Not immersive anymore, not challenging anymore.

The only thing people want is comfort to get faster what they want, they dont want to be the game a journey a Roleplaygame, they dont want to immerse and deal with a harsch environment, the want quick Achievements.

So, no accusation here. Everybody is allowed to ask for what is fun to him, but....

There are tons of games what have this, plenty of well polished, full of comfort Features games.
    In Black Desert online you even need to walk, you set a Destination and the Characters Moves, you have this Workers for you and what not. I just made the 3day buddy trial last year and thought what? Not for me.

So what i want to say, there are plenty of those games where you dont suffer from Death, where you can quicktrravel, every Quest is served on a silvertray... Etc...

But i hope this game will be more umcomfortable and catering to games like Eye of the Beholder or something like that.

I also hope we will be balanced to be no demigods but fallen Avatar's, recognizing we are not the one and only, the Savior of the world and whatnot, not even great heroes, but peons, poor knights, fallen nobles... who try to survive and earn the fame and glory of the old days back.
    What us the Superlative of soloing Dragons in Ep1 for Ep5.
    Soloing a 9 headed Hydra?
    Oh wait thats anounced for Ep2.
    Curious who we will fight in Ep5.
    I think Ironmens Army or the Avengers are a little bit to weak then.
    We could start playing Gustplanet and try to kick these Planet related to Cabalists into a black hole.

Really, we need to step back imho.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I would love to see questions answered. Do you think decay on pvp death would encourage pvp or discourage pvp? Do you think decay on pvp death would make the pvp tourneys more or less popular? Will you risk hours and hours of exp grind just to go pvp? Please, directly answer the questions, don't dance around, sidetrack these questions, answer them honestly.

belijaal, Ahuaeynjgkxs and MrBlight like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Fine for both - serious.

If Shoes decay while dancing i'm pro!
    If smoking decays my pipe, fine!
    If swimming with cloth make it decay more, yes!!!
    And crafting should of course be decayed if the skills are not in use or you make big fails because you were greedy and want higher boni.

Oh and talking to each other while in a Tavern should give you a combat Malus for a short time or decrease Stats because you are lazy sitting in the Tavern instead of Training your brain, muscles and reflexes.
    But at the same time you get a social bonus what grant you an amount of price reduction at vendors, because you are so social and eloquent???

Yes to all if it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Fantastic. Then i want a bonuse when i kill someone. Glory bonuse.
    Only fair right?

Im fine with all that. Coarse not if your going to penalize pvp foe the 5 episodes itll take for any of those to come in effect?

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

To me it would be a logic thing to have it and it would not discourage me to partake. There are other things what discourage me.
    But yes i agree for the actual audience it is discouraging.
    How many people are affected?
    20? 50?
    We have 2 serious pvpers here who argue pro and we also have been explained why it is a invitation to exploiters.

So sorry for the people who are affected and stop playing or pvping.

15. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

We have yet to see you pve/pvp before thinkin decay on pvp is a good idea

belijaal likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Cannot get it by language, sorry.
    Can you explain in english for 3years old :-D

And yes to the kill bonus, maybe Virtue and a lot of things need to be virtue based. Maybe Cities arent accessible with this or that virtue or price get higher, lower or if you are chaotic lesser mobs wont attack, all wolves will allways flee, but other mobs get a bonus against you and virtuos people get other effects...

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I wont level further that much, so as long as there is this imbalance, sorry not my Business.
    I suffer 15k iirc, no big deal.
    I dont feel i need to raise skills beyound 80 atm and i still have my innates and some Skills i use at 70 or lower.
    There is actually nothing what would drive me to level up.
    And to be competetive i would need to level up a lot, whole trees, i would have to grind tons of obs chips and that, i would need to skill fire and death because of resistance and many more. I would need to level my Avatar so that any t5 Scenes would be no more challenging and feel like a t2 scene now.
    It would mean i can solo bosses what i dont want to do, because o strongly believe this is group content, what would be boring then, because if no challenge.
    The only thing what maybe would be interesting to me is to discover the Rise or some other Dungeons i cannot survive, but i have a lot of patience and i like my "Position" in the game actually. I am where i want to be more or less.
    Just a few Skills to raise a bit and i'm fine for the first time. I'm going to try out crafting a little bit and i also realized that complaining about GM crafting need to much ressources is also not my Problem.
    I enchanted a Ring +5 with skill at 24.
    Cool, what are you all wanting more and more and stronger, faster...
    Thing is , i have content for years, because i am a casual gamer.
    I can imagine that it becomes boring if one plays a day what i play a week or two.

18. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

So you are saying you dont care about raising skill and wont level further but do care about what people do in pvp? Its like trying to change rules on a game you dont play. Take your corner in the sand square and let other play too ;)
    Just like crafters, you tryed a little bit but yet you dont understand why gm crafter complains... Maybe when you reach that spot you will understand? and a ring +5 is 2 enchant 1 gem... Someone with 1 in skill can achieve that just like someone which is level 100. Its hard to go further and that is why gm crafter complains.

19. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

PvE and any deaths while RPing IS included...
    Devs are looking in to crafting decay and how it should be implemented.

20. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.