Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Satan Himself, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darian

Darian Guest

PvP always has the problem that there are people who say " Why. what i do is valid, i play an psychopath" and then run around slaughtering who they judge to be easy prey.
    I do PvP but i am more the sporting type, if i do not risk an whoooping myself.

But with the people who just like to win all time around i do not do the pvp because it becomes hollow to me.

Therefore i prefer more the PvE where people have to work with each other to do stuff instead against each other.

It is more fun too, i played much EVE and the backstabbing and subterfuge does not really create an nice climate to play in , longterm.

Maybe i am just an big ol ******** but i like to have some peace around me form time to time and not really hot for all the back stabbing PvP brings with it.

2. Tobias Crassus

Tobias Crassus Avatar

Im quite happy with the current system as it is, if your dying a thousand times a minute like some are complaining about that's probably an indication your in the wrong area for your level... and that's that really.

Im not too sure what happens really when you die in regards to armour damage, but I would definitely say that your armour should take a beating if you die, because you'd hit the floor, enemy that killed you might bash in your armour a few times to make sure your dead.. so.. yeah you need something that makes you not want to die, as that would just be unrealistic, as a rpg we would like players to feel immersed more, and saying that you just want to get back to fighting and grinding or what have you, isn't what an rpg is really about, sounds like your trying to level as quick as you can by fighting in an area too high level for you.. resulting in dying constantly, so id recommend taking it slow like everyone else is doing and level in the right areas.

Its like me going to fight dragons at level 5 then complaining that im dying too often and its because of the system in place... if your in the right area for your level.. this doesn't happen, I think I have died like 3 times all the way to level 20..., so its selfish to think the system needs to revolve around your inability to think of moving to an area more suitable to your skills.

3. Darian

Darian Guest

I died once up to lvl 40 and that was because i was barging into an ghost, and ghost make liches look like pansies.

4. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

This is why I was proposing a debuff on XP gained vs a loss of XP. There's a difference in mentality when that happens to you.

Not just PVP either, I've loaded into a zone as a lowbie and had an unending train of respawning spiders gank me that I couldn't do anything about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.