Disruption of Events in PvP POT's...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cupid, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's absolutely no way that this game is going to remain like that for long. I believe you're going to be very disappointed if you think that controls are not on the way. They have to be, otherwise we'll have meaningless pvp zones that no one wants to go to. I'm extremely confident that within the next 6 months we'll have a very good first pass on those controls, out of both necessity and in supporting the kickstarter goal of meaningful pvp.

2. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

Your opinion is just that, opinion. Mine is just as valid thank you.

PK U and blaquerogue like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Yes that's true, yet 6 months from now one will be right and one will be wrong.

4. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

and some will stay and some will leave

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Yes, that's predictably true.

6. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

well if you are going to just keep quoting and saying off topic stuff I guess you can have the last non important word.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It's all good for everyone to pitch in their opinions. At the end of the day, it's the dev team who make the call if any changes need to be made. It's better for them to be informed from different angles. The more they know upfront will be the less time it takes to polish and rebalance things later down the line.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

and there is no incentive so they were wrong on both accounts remember this from many videos "dont lawyer me bro"

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

What happens when these so called "greivers" kill off the guards? or do you want them to be immortal guards?

10. Drocis the Devious

They haven't said that they don't want meaningful pvp, they've been very consistent about that.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

GRRRRRRRR! PVP!

12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The cats are immortal...

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I didnt think you would honestly.

14. Drocis the Devious

Well I think that depends on what stage of development we're in.

But let's for the sake of argument say that we're in a very mature stage of pvp development. Ideally guards would augment player protection but they would never be something that a single player would expect to kill on their own, they would simply be too tough. So you'd have to bring in your friends, and while you were trying to attack a single guard this would leave you open to attack from other players that would see this as a huge advantage. So it would be a very difficult task to kill off all the guards, but not impossible.

What you have to ask yourself then is, can you hold off players and eventually respawning guards long enough to accomplish whatever goals you have? The answer is, maybe but what's the point because most players are going to say "oh there's no guards here?" and leave only to come back later when the town is more secure.

In other words, the ideal situation would be to make killing off the guards very hard (but not impossible) yet would only be fun for people for a brief period of time and would in no way be the norm.

15. Drocis the Devious

Well when there's a problem with communication it's often the transmitter that you should check first, not the receiver.

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Are we going to start getting personal here? I came across your thread, not the other way around so that would make you the transmitter and im just receiving what you said.

17. Drocis the Devious

I'm not being personal, you wrote something, I said I didn't understand what you wrote. You said you weren't surprised. I said that communication problems typically begin with the transmitter so that's where you trouble shoot the communication problem. If you're ok with me not understanding what you wrote, that's fine with me.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Basically in my opinion, you want PVP that you can control (at your POT), with that i say give all POT owners the right to do what they want. But that is not what true PVP is True pvp is im out gathering wood and im at low level and i get ganked and some dude takes my stuff. Solution is not to go there anymore until your ready to PVP, or dont flag. I keep hearing you say you want to make PVP meaningful, ok heavy price for deaths (red), worth the risk since i want what you have, gold and armor and stuff. You disrupt my event, you have just given me a reason to PVP and PK. In turn i will be ready for you to come and TRY to disrupt my event, since i know there will be people around who will jump in and dirtnap the disrupter.

This is how i handle the situation i have a security team here just for those types that want to come ruin an event. But in no way will i say "hey you cant come into my event flagged pvp and attack me (flagged pvp) and all the flagged PVP people around. It is not my place to tell you what is acceptable or not when it comes to PVP, but i will be ready for you if you do!

Theres a solution, if you pay a team of people to protect your event, you are interacting with people, and making deals with each other etc... perfect for people that would just love to pvp!

Look at how many people pay to play gladiators gridiron (whats the difference of paying a security team?), again people are wheeling and dealing with each other, personally i dont think i ever saw a pvp/pk attack at the gridiron, maybe they know about something that can help you with your events. and keep people from PVPing, that are not in the events.

19. Drocis the Devious

I don't have events. I have a town that wants to act like a town, not a pvp arena kill zone.

Here's what you're missing. There are people trying to build PVP environments and there are people that are ignoring that for their own enjoyment. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with that. However, for the people actually trying to build something meaningful, that's a much harder task to perform than just showing up in a pvp zone and attacking over and over again. So what I think is going to happen (and what I think should happen) is the devs will support the people trying to create something because in the long run that creates a more stable and interesting world. I don't think they're going to stop people from being disruptive, I just think they're going to make it a lot harder than it currently is, and that's a very good thing.

Now for some people this will be horrible because they don't like challenges or they're not very good at pvp or maybe they're just not very bright in general (pk's run the gambit) and sure those people are going to whine and cry and say things like "that's not real pvp" because honestly for them, "real pvp" is all about satisfying their base need to feel good about themselves by destroying the game for others. Again, I'm not saying that's a problem, I'm just saying that it's not my problem.

I'm looking forward to the day when this pvp system is more balanced and meaningful.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You should Hire mercenaries (that is kind of RP isnt it)" a band of mercenaries hired by the governor shall keep law in this town." I wouldnt hire people you have issues with, but find a group and say ill pay you this for this amount of time. there will be times when there is no law in your town and if you paid for that service then someone is going to have to pay for that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.