Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

every single house spot taken on the map within the first 48 hours?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Dasilva, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdboyd

wdboyd Avatar

Salutations,

As I'm not interested in having a 'home' in the game, I find the concern for it humorous. Perhaps ignorantly.

Please straighten me out concerning the gameplay importance of said housing. I don't get it. What will be the benefit of housing for the player? Oh, please spare me any interior decorating or garden planting options. Not interested, in the least, in those things. Although, owning a small keep on the boarder lands sounds interesting. Dealing with many renters or lot owners does not.

Bottom line, how will property ownership enhance an adventurers game experience and why should I be interested in it?

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Storage, personal crafting area, setting up vendors to sell your wares...

There are many other things we don't yet know about including getting home fast and the benefits of growing things on your land.

Having a meeting place with friends/guild...

Some of us really love housing :)

Albus, Gaelis, lollie and 3 others like this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Keep in mind that the mainland, Novia, isn't available yet. We are still just playing on the small island of Hidden Vale. There will be far, far more lots available once Novia opens up.

Gaelis likes this.
  4. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Dasilva ... (nice graphic by the way) I think you're jumping to conclusions. All the pre-alpha hassles are hardly indicative of the final state of SOTA at launch. Yes, spending a pre-alpha release day morning (in my time zone) in a 3 point stance is not ideal, but it's kind of a necessary evil until we get Novia to hold our population. As I understand it, Hidden Vale is a small fraction of the episode 1 world but the population is the full population.
    I feel your pain, but I would suggest you withhold judgement until we're at least in Beta. AS a sdie note, I applaud the Dev's efforts to mitigate the lot shortage by creating temporary towns for us to use.

I will PM you with some lot information if you haven't found anything yet.

Sil

Heradite and Montaigne like this.
  5. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

ok so i found a plot out at mirrim island with mjolnirs help, there was a couple water front plots left out there if anyone else needs one. now for my next question, how do we use our deeds on a waterfront spot? the house vendor in owls head doesnt have any waterfront deeds either

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

The way to acquire waterfront houses right now is by being a founder-era backer. They will be available in your bank account as part of your rewards. If you are not a founder-era backer, you can probably get a deed from someone who is. I will be ingame tonight (around 9pm PST hopefully) and I will give you one of mine if you don't have one by then.

lollie likes this.
  7. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

so if I unclaim the lot in R14 do I lose the lot and the money like in R13 or do we get the money back this time?

8. darkbrujo

darkbrujo Avatar

Humm... i'm new and came to ask one question but, it's answered by Koldar: right now only receiving, as gift, from another player, i will be able to place the house in waterfront lot? Anyone knows if it will be sold in the next releases, by ingame vendors? Thanks!

9. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The waterfront lots are supposed to be for early backers only, but things often change.

Albus and Koldar like this.
  10. darkbrujo

darkbrujo Avatar

Thank you, Sir Frank. Let's wait then... Right now, Waterfront lots is the only option for those who started this week.

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

At this point, it's really hard to say what will happen once the game is released.

Portalarium has said that waterfront plots (like all plots) will be limited and that specific waterfront models (like all models) will be exclusive for certain pledge tiers/eras. I don't recall them ever saying that the only people who will be able to have waterfront plots/houses are Founders. Will they add houses and waterfront houses that everyone can enjoy? Speculatively, I would say yes. But that is pure speculation on my part. Time will tell. ;)

My offer still stands. I have a Knight, an Edelmann, and a Cititzen house available if anyone would like one. You just have to find me in-game....which doesn't happen nearly as often as I would like. If you add me to your friend list, it will alert you when I am on. My in-game name is....wait for it.....Koldar. :D

12. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

If anyone who missed out wants a row house plot in Ardoris, let me know. You'll need a row deed and we can meet up in game and I can free up my slot there for you to move into.

Plot has been released back into the pool ;)

Koldar and Tahru like this.
  13. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

You keep the lot deed. No gold lost.

Tahru likes this.
  14. Zelek Uther

Zelek Uther Avatar

When Episode 1 is released, what will be the largest city in the game? Will it be Brittany?

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nope.
    There is a seven day login limit to housing.
    Lots are beeing freed all the time. Found three village lots (not waster front ) and one row yesterday doing the rounds.

Depends.
    The most "dense" scene is supposed to be Ardoris. But Ardoris is a three hex city, so Ardoris center is one scene which we see in R14. But on both hexes to its side are another town scenes.

Brittany though will be less "dense" but will be a whopping 7 scene city. That is immense.

Zelek Uther likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes. (we don't know for sure...but looking at the map - yes) This includes player towns. I don't think anyone has a Metropolis with 6 suburbs around it.

Zelek Uther likes this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

As far as NPC towns go, they've said Ardoris will be the largest city (as a single scene). But they may push those limits with Brittany.

Even a POT such as the Metropolis isn't as big as Ardoris. But if they implement my Megatropolis idea, it would come close :)

Zelek Uther likes this.
  18. Zelek Uther

Zelek Uther Avatar

1 hex = 1 scene?

So a 7 hex Brittany will be 7 scenes all of which require a load screen to enter?

19. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

So someone needs to spend $10,000 to get two metropolises and then some more money to get villages to surround them...for a total of eight scenes.

20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

We are getting there ^.^

Gaelis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.