Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

every single house spot taken on the map within the first 48 hours?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Dasilva, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

what is up with that, seems to me we got real estate brokers getting into the practice of buying every lot so they can sell them off for real life cash later on already, its pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

that being said my question is, if I place my house in single player mode can i then come into multiplayer mode to play the game?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Dasilva. Yes you can. The only restriction would be single player offline which isn't in yet. lol No switching from offline to online.
    I haven't seen this happening, from what I've heard is more cities have been created by the Devs to make sure everyone
    can get a house. These cities are not necessarily staying in the game and just copy cities but help for those who need
    it. So not sure what problem you are having, but of course if you need help as always let me know. I have cash now
    and could help.:)

oops edited to say offline to online, so sorry;)****

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

For R14?
    There are lots of lots. Has been all through. Only for a few hours we were down to less than 150 available.

The gem exploit gave a lot of gold early. And in this release we are allowed up to three lot deeds per account.
    Which means that anyone who could are claiming multiple lots. An organized guild could own dozens of lots by now and probably do.

But the devs have been very responsive to this. Within a day they added more towns, and they have continued to do so. Check out the patch notes for specifics on this.

So far I've helped several players find lots and have never had to spend much time in doing so. Just last night I helped someone to a town lot in Estercove.
    At the time we did that little run there were lots still in Ardoris, Estercove, Southmarsh and most of the ones from the last patch.

Since the devs are continuously adding towns+lots it would be a bad business idea to try to sell temporary lots for an alpha release for money.

Gaelis, Tahru and Montaigne like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It doesn't matter if you claim the lot in Single Player Online or in Multi Player Online.
    As long as its Online it is the same lots available and the same lot you have claimed, being persistent through the modes.

I regularly go from single to multi and everything is there, it is the same world and the same server. All that is claimed is claimed in all instances.

Tahru likes this.
  5. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

There were additional lots placed over the weekend in a couple of new towns. The NPC towns went very quickly the first day.
    I would venture to say all the lots are probably gone by now. Greystone, one of the new towns, had available spots all weekend and finally filled up on Sunday night.

I don't believe anyone is actually selling off lots for real money. Housing space was limited and Lots/Deeds were available from Pledge Rewards. The Devs have trimmed housing back because so many people bought houses then let them go dark. It made for a lot of ghost towns. You will still see that happening. There is also the housing timer. If you don't log in within 7 days, you forfeit the plot so someone else can claim it. I saw a lot of that happening in the last release. After a week or so, houses were getting turned over a lot as players stopped logging in.

I applaud the efforts of the Devs who moved very quickly to make new cities and plots available and put out updates over the weekend.

By next weekend you will probably be able to find a house.

Gaelis and Tahru like this.
  6. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

ugh thats ridiculous sigh and good to see ya spoon, umm i dont know where youve seen lots of lots, every single lot in every single town as of the time of this post is taken from owls head to kingsport me and the wifey checked them all. and i didnt say they are selling for real life NOW, i said they may be claiming the lots in practice for future selling them off, just like lots were sold off in ultima online

P.S. thank you for the offer Majoria I have the deeds for the lots just cant find anywhere to claim one.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  7. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Friday night, I didn't have any luck finding anything larger than a row lot, so I used my keep deed to get one in Ardoris. I could have used my village deed to get another, but why would I do that?
    I'm sure some will free up as 7 day timers expire.

8. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

btw im not upset im just very surprised that EVERYTHING filled up this quickly lol, I have a village deed and my wife has a row deed, we hope to be able to place them side by side eventually. since that is what we will probably have once the game goes live, provided I can make it to the citizen level pledge before it ends in June a daunting task indeed in my world :)

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

last night about 15 hours ago I found lots of lots in Ardoris, Estercove and Soutmarsh.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/r14-available-lots.20307/page-2#post-311690

The ones in Ardoris should be gone by now.
    The waterlots seem less popular since you need to know a founder with a water house to match.

Regarding new towns in patch releases on the main page in the About menu select Release Patch Notes
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989
    They have quickly added 6 towns and will probably add a few more.

Gaelis likes this.
  10. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

eastercove has water lots that is all, aldoris is gone and southmarsh I wasnt aware had houses, but I will check there, but yeah the 6 new towns are gone as well :)

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Port Mirren had some lots last I checked.. water lots though.

12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was surprised that all the lots didn't fill up even more quickly than they did.

If this were launch day, there would be more lots to choose from, but I think it will also fill up even faster. Having limited lots (supply) means that you'll have greater demand. No one should be surprised about this.

Montaigne, E n v y and Spoon like this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Just to help the cause a bit. Tonight at 7pm CST, I'm going to unclaim my City Water Lot in Ardoris.

Anyone that would like to reclaim it for their own will be welcome to try.

14. smack

smack Avatar

Montaigne likes this.
  15. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

southmarsh gone eastercove is gone and brave coast is pvp no way im living there

16. Desire

Desire Avatar

checked every town...nothing left. Memories of the lack of land and how it sucked in UO. Kinda sad that people who are trying to support the game are not able to actually experience all the features.

Albus likes this.
  17. Dasilva

Dasilva Avatar

I hear ya desire, but apparently this is actually intended to be a niche game for a niche crowd, from what I can gather originally this was only supposed to be a 1 million budget game, which is why the assets are pretty prehistoric, but they ended up pulling in an extra 5 million that is going towards....... so they arent planning on a lot of people playing the game since its not designed to actually be a MMO but rather a single player game with online connections

18. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

I probably will not get a house this time around. But had one in 13.

I think it is great they fill up like this. That means there is alot of people that made larger pledges and got house deeds. Which hopefully leads to a good population in the game at release.

This is one of the good thing about having instanced towns for housing instead of having them actually in the world. They really only have to add a small town on the world map and they get a bunch more housing. When we have the larger world in the real game then there should be plenty of room to put in extra housing when ever needed.

Albus, Ice Queen, redfish and 2 others like this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yep, and POTs can also upgrade and expand in size.

Hopefully the devs can manage it in a way where it doesn't make it feel the map is overcrowded with towns, though.

Albus and Sebastion like this.
  20. Valdric

Valdric Avatar

This is the first release I cared about trying to place a house. I got lucky and managed to claim one in Ravensend with my pledge deed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.