Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Everyone please calm down

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Let me see if I have this straight, @DarkStarr :

The puny focus regen that we have all based been building our decks on - was a "bug" for these past years, and you guys just now "noticed" it ?
    It would have been nice to know before hand that it was going to be nerfed to the point of ridiculous.

And this all somehow accidentally coincides with the introduction of the new "Focus" potions. Please, please do not tell us that we are now going to be forced to carry potions in order to remain in combat for more than a few mins, because that is what you seem to be telling us - and, btw, that is exactly the situation in QA now.

I was quite relieved when you "misspoke" and said it was a bug. Now I am really not happy with the decision to keep the nerf.

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

It is broke, now it is not broke? Well if todays patch is any indication of how this system will work, then I guess Combat in this game is over for me. Not sure what I'll take up, maybe another game. I spent 1/2 hour in QA today after the patch and it is totally ridiculous! We are supposed to fight one MOB at a time then go into non-combat mode and wait till we regen? Then go back into battle? If we run into, lets say 3 MOBS's we fight until our Focus runs out then just sit there for the entire rest of the battle using auto attack only or turn around and try to run away, again running far enough away to get off the MOB's tether and hoping we do not pick up another MOB while we are running. Oh well there is always the exit gates every time you get in a battle. At least in R37 if you get in a battle, you can regen enough Focus in Combat to get off a skill based Glyph every couple of seconds when you run out. In QA R38 you cannot even get off one in 15 or 20 seconds. That means you are dead!

I have truly enjoyed this game for the past years. I've tried to add my perspective of the game and what kinds of things I and other players hoped for in this game. Little by little that hope has been chipped away at. Several of the systems in the game like Crafting, Housing Resource Gathering etc. are great. Combat however has just been one nerf and disappointment after another.

3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

What is currently on QA is not the intent. Tomorrow's patch will be the intended focus regen rate.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

33% more than what is currently on QA will not solve the problem of not being able to stay in combat for more than a few mins.

5. DarkStarr

66% more.

Lesni and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. DarkStarr

What you are experiencing is a 100% reduction. Tomorrow will be a 33% reduction.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Looking forward to providing more feedback after tomorrow's patch.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So 1.66 points of focus per second regeneration, and food doesn't count. Am I correct?

[edit] I'm not bitching, I'm just trying to get a picture of what to expect.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.