Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exactly how rich is rich?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I spend money on this game because I love and support it. Without money, no game. Period.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Burzmali , "You are right!" :confused:
    But of course my SOTA friend, I know you didn't need "me" to tell you that :p I'm a retired guy who spent most of his life traveling the world in all the non-tourist places. Some people buy cars and other crap they won't ever use but once a year just so they can blow the dust off what they bought and feel like they're still alive after their long hours of work. I've been there, done that and decided I liked Lord British games so much that it was going to become my main hobby. So I bought into SOTA at what others would consider an insane amount of $ at my income level, but the way I looked at it, I could have bought a second hand car with that same amount and not gotten as much fun as I do out of our game and all it's community of other insane gamers who'd rather have a hot game than a hot car :D

And I sure hope Portalarium understands just how much it was for me to love all them enough to have invested such an insane amount of a very small retirement income into their wonderful efforts to make me such a happy gamer :D
    I got no regrets and nothing but smiles :):):):) But you are so right, a "microtransaction" this was not :p:p:p:p
    ~Time Lord~;)

Beli, Ravalox, Garfield and 10 others like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we are in development atm and we do need the money to continue to develop. As much as some don't like it, just remember this is crowdfunded only game, and it is not done by any means. There is not enough money to finish it without continuing to crowdfund. This is just the facts. Not anyone specifically but anyone who wants this to stop forfeits the completion of the game being developed. I say just enjoy and either contribute or don't contribute anymore to anyone worrying about it, don't focus on it ;) It is only up to the individual and what they want to do or can. Once you're in, you're in. I do vote for more cash for SOTA though. ;) *cheers*

Luca Xante, Acred, Phoenix007 and 3 others like this.
  4. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

There are to ways to continue to fund the game, getting it from the existing playerbase or by bringing in new players. Port has resorted to the first more that the second to such a degree that I starting to wonder if the second will even be possible by the time the game is finished. I mean, why would you start playing a game when all the cool stuff is already owned by established players and your only real option to compete requires dropping thousands in real cash ...

Dwalin Bombardin and Time Lord like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No it is not by any means the case. Perhaps you are new and this is not a game atm, it is the development of the game. I don't agree that all the cool stuff is already owned and not going to be available in some form or changing and more new stuff coming into the game or that very awesome cool things won't be craft-able, we aint seen nothing yet, and then perhaps people will look for adversity instead of realizing we are making a game here, not saying you are doing that but some do so for the debating part. And imo funding the game is what is important and it is coming along at a steady rate to get it made. I of course wish for another 10 or 20 million to get all that I want in the game. Oh well you feel how you do, no worries, your ideas are valid to debate. I am a fan girl of this game so probably not your best person to debate with ;) If I can ever help you, please let me know, perhaps I have something you want that I don't. :)

Olthadir, Luca Xante and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Underfunded Misconceptions~
    One of the things that I always see within such discussions is an "assumption" that SOTA is somehow underfunded, which it's not. Surely every game producer could always use some extra $$$, but SOTA ended it's pledges of large investment and did not continue them until launch. This to me indicates that we are indeed funded and Portalarium is hiring even more staff members.

Sometimes there only so much "rush" to launch able product one can do without loosing quality or well thought out gaming content.
    Unlike Star Citizen that must fill a galaxy full of worlds in content using 80+Million, SOTA only has the single world and has enough to have now built 1/8th of Star Citizen's content.
    Just because they maintain small offices does not mean that they are some rinky-dink underfunded gaming company.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Olthadir and majoria70 like this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm one of the original 22,322 and I logged time on the first release that was made available to regular backers, back before they had fully pivoted to the MMO design. Frankly, I've yet to see a Kickstarter project that truly benefited from going as far over target as SotA has and plenty that have crashed and burn do to it.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I am a casual player - playing 1-4 hours a day, i don't want to grind or farm, i am a roleplayer too, i need time.
    playing for about 2 month i have problems to make a plus of gold, because i am a mage/ healer.
    I now have about 7000 Gold and need to pay tax for a row lot, did this with cotos until now, because i want to buy a vendor to sell potions.
    But i dont want to farm 10 hours in a mine, i want to play the game, immerse into the world, interact with players, roleplay.
    I go for PvE but reags costs as high as outcome from selled weapons and loot.

actually there's just one possibility to become rich -> hardcore grind

...but thats not everyones playstyle!

Olthadir, cartodude and Time Lord like this.
  9. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

im steadily moving up the income brackets from simply not crafting and keeping the gold for repairs ;) I'm level 50's and now 8k gold !!! This is three months of popping in twice a week for an hour or a 20 minuter now and then. So really, 55 bucks, and a game I can play for over three months and not get bored cuz there's a forum full of topics.... Sota is a win for me, though I paid over 70 bucks for u6 off the shelf, i had that beat in less time.

double win for Lord British ! Double win for me! Triple win for us all! Cheers to the Team! Long live the team! (wow, interesting to say that after all my grumbling... I trust there's no crest and flameout/ragequit.) But I'm super pleased with how things can be once i actually start quests !!

Now some one please remake Rocket Jockey. Pretty please? it'll be super cheap

THE HENDOMAN

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can now talk to the oracle at the confirmary and take a test to get 500gp everyday to pay for your row lot by the way.

Luca Xante, Spoon and Time Lord like this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Guess it depends on the day.
    With buddies we are hittin goals atm. Got the lots. Got the houses. Vendors. Etc.
    Guess it depends what day you hit us up.
    On average have about 30-50k on me. With 60 or so on public vendors in stuff selling regularily. * shrug* also tax credit.. etc etc

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Also.. 1 coto is like 1200 bucks.. pays a row lot for a full week..
    Meaning just from oracle a day.. or an oracle every 2 days.. your still not loosing money on your taxes. Lol

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Also to make sure that you answer the question correctly. Seek counsel with the oracle and each path to determine how you should answer.
    3 days visit give you 1.5k GP, buy COTO, let's say for 1350 GP, you will be good for a week with 150 GP left to spend on something else.

In the other words, the current system actually make living with taxable row lot very doable if you could log in at least 3 times per week for a few mins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.