Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Foods...

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I want to say a Brace of Lapine is one of these:
    Rabbit, pork, a pepper, bottle of wine, onion, a plate and the cooking pot..

It was an 'advanced' food with a stat bonus.

Time Lord and Lord Barugon like this.
  2. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

add a chunck of coal most likely... many of the recipies needs a chunck of coal now.... Got to make some heat in that oven if you want to cook :)

Stryker Sparhawk and Time Lord like this.
  3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

We cannot really make gunpowder coffee yet, so the coal makes sense I suppose.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

There are 2 recipies I did not made out of it all, one needs ginger root and the other one needs Brown Cap Mushrooms !

Btw, If you eat plain garlic (the reagent) you get 10 health back or something like that ! That system is broken for now, you cannot eat ingrediants has you get interrupted for no reason

Lord Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Maybe they will add 2 wood scraps as an option to replace the coal as a fuel.

Sentinel2, x_Selene_x and Time Lord like this.
  6. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Banana give you a burst of speed for running, not long tho

Lord Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am with you here 100%. It is bad enough, I have to run into town to get more arrows so I can continue to venture, now I have to run into town to get food so I can Hunt every time I run out? This i do not like, it takes long enough already to wait for my power bar to regen after every kill, because i run out fast due to my arrow skills eat up mana or what ever you call it (power)? too dang fast.

Budner and Time Lord like this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You can break crates for the ginger - found some this morning:rolleyes:probably the mushrooms too. Maybe time to down your virtues a bit?:p Lots of crates, sacks, chests in town you could go borrowing from.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

When you are dying of starvation and break open barrels to steal food remember the oracle is watching. I see a lot of virtue being flushed as players try to scavage food.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well as some know I am definitely not a fan of slowing us down on the map and invisible walls on the map have increased again. We fought so hard to get ourselves sped up, it has been heavenly. I also strongly advocate reducing the invisible walls on the map and in scenes as possible to make it more discover-able and interesting to operate as an extension of the land mass we are missing by having a overland map in the first place, don't make it a worse experience, but the best it can be in what comes next.

People come into a game that is advertised as a rich immersive discovery type of game and get hit with invisible walls everywhere, so bad for the game. It needs to be opened up, and you may ask, what does that have to do with food, well as to my ranting ;), While we are slowed down on the map and slowed down on our regenerative process, this is all negative aspects coming into the game and while at first I say no way don't cause us more misery, the other part of me says Majoria remember your quote "If you only look at what is, You might miss what could be".

Now if the changes have a purpose and that purpose far outweighs the losses and improves the game and fun factors in some way, I want to see it. Things that come to mind are great animations and reactions from eating and not eating, like an ability to be poisoned by eating rotten food, perhaps players having to improve immunity to poison by poisoning themselves, having food (and consumables) really work to our benefit, growling stomachs if hungry.

I know perhaps first thoughts about the changes could be boo more things to be a pain in the butt, but if it can be made fun, we totally need fun in this game. I have no problems with having to eat, but make it damn fun then. Richard Garriott has had the food system in mind for a long time, it is his baby. He wrote up a whole chart of food and effects.

So anyway, I am on the wait and see committee, and trusting that there is a bigger picture to all of it, and then if not, then we let 'em have it, :rolleyes: errrr I mean we provide very constructive feedback ;)

edited

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

From the AFLAC store?

[​IMG]

Budner, Time Lord and Chatele like this.
  12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Apparently breaking boxes lowers your Love score. I haven't tested it yet, but I think you only get dinged when you see NPCs say "What?" or "What was that?" after breaking a crate or barrel in front of them.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am not liking the food changes to effect my game play for my health and power reggen, not 1 little bit..... so much so, I dread logging in.... I already have to wait after every fight for my regen to power up, now I can't unless i eat food? make food important and exciting and fun, but don't have it effect me being able to enjoy the game.... Please don't have me to have to eat in order to regen during combat..... this sucks, especially if the mobs don't have too.

moko, Aldo, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, could go wandering outside - a bloody something or other had a few of those thing lying around too. Heard that it shouldn't go too bad on you if it's an abandoned place. :D

Time Lord likes this.
  15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Might not be as bad as that (mines recovers - slower though, was a bit faster when the cake was working)- might have to eat the higher tier stuff and find a cook to make it for you if you don't want to be doing it yourself. Good in a way, since you could sell the ingredients they can't buy in town to them and buy the finished product from them.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Are you using coconuts? I have found traveling overland (not on the road) is very tolerable with coconuts equipped. I actually find myself using them more than I do on live.

Budner and Time Lord like this.
  17. Selene

Selene Avatar

I LOVE that you need to eat food to stay in peak condition (regens). :D And not just because I run a place called "Selene's Dyes and Pies". Needing to eat was important in UO, so it is no wonder it is here as well.

Now if we could just gey a rested bonus from sleeping. Hmmmmn.

18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

good Idea, the mobs should loot and eat your body parts! Good suggestion!

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

What was the argument again about bandages? I hope we will not have to take time to poop every 12 hours. Too much realism for a fantasy game IMO.

20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OMG, we do have the outhouses don't we... let's keep that idea to ourselves OK :D Shhh...
    ~Time Lord~:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.