1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

For Rent: City Lot in Central Brittany - no land deed necessary

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by Prince Guni, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I can vouch for one of those Brit Central lots too. At least I heard that it was a close competition between one of my guildies and one of their members. We won. ;-)

General comment:
    The game is loosely built on free principles. The more accounts people buy the more land they will have. It is as fair as it is to complain. I think debate is healthy (to an extent). It is worth baring in mind that land was always going to have a real money value. It has attracted investment into an Indy game which may not have been this successful if the situation were otherwise. We all know that higher backers have paid far far more than a subscription to WoW would ever cost. Very very few people will pledge thousands of dollars to simply help a game. I appreciate those who are noble but it isn't realistic to believe that everyone will. That said, I see no problems with boycotting that's just part of the dynamic.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Whyterose Flowers, Greyfox and Tahru like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

3. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

I fully agree. People should know whom they are dealing with. Would you rather have a land lord who has a track record of more than 12 years of renting land to people in Second Life? Or would you want to take a risk and suddenly log into the game only to find out that your house is gone because your land lord left the game or decided to give the house to his best buddy who just joined SotA?

We should all take a step back and think what is actually better for people interested in renting a home. Jealousy of other people's success is not of any help here. Only because someone's guild or business or whatever seems bigger than yours doesn't give you the right to be an a**. I also think you are totally going after the wrong target here, seriously. We should all be concerned about exploiters, gold farmers, cheaters or people out to commit fraud. You are entitled to your own opinions and nobody forces you to do business with a certain person. But attacking others like you are doing here on a public forum is just totally out of line. I am trying to find a word to correctly describe what you are doing here, but every suitable term that comes to my mind would probably violate the forum rules.

4. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Please can we just stop the Guni bashing here?

This guy is providing a service to the community.

5. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Luck is not what you used to gather those city lots

Montaigne and Baalice like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That qualifies as exploiting the game which typically involves the removal of assets and a ban.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I respect you for owning up to the truth. I have been wondering why you didn't just come and own the situation from the start.

While I do think you went too far, hence the boycott. I do respect your right to do business. I was actually impressed that you played beyond scouting lots. I hope you really mean that and will play often. I'll even buy you a beer.

Cheers

8. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

I might come back for that beer, thanks :)

Nietzsche, Astor Cerberus and Tahru like this.
  9. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Good grief. When you think about it, this game is terribly expensive, and a risky "investment". Guni and company are providing a service and may attract a player base that may otherwise pass. That's a good thing. Like it or not, if the game is successful, you'll see more of this, unless Port changes the model. We're buying virtual property here. This has been done before. Slightly different mechanics in SotA, but there is nothing new here.

Advertise on your web sites, Guni and bring us some players.

And give me a COTO so I can buy you a beer - you're richer than me with all those accounts.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Activities that involve real dollar exchanges between players if the goods involved cannot be delivered to the customer immediately are not allowed. At this time, items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledges (Account transfers are not supported, only pledge content transfers), Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. All exchanges of virtual good for real dollars are at the players own risk and governed by the terms of service of whatever third party platform (eBay, PayPal, etc.) that is used. Portalarium reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Read the first sentence - this is not a sale there is not transfer of anything - this is subletting, they are giving you permission to live there. They retain all control over the LOT, everything on it and in it is theirs as soon as you place it, if they chose.

I no not care one bit about reputation, this is a violation of the policies.

There is no protection provided to the renter.

This is ripe for a scam.

This needs to go away and not have a policy change to cover it or a mechanic made to allow it.

Listings like this can be done on private forums but not here in the PORT endorsed / supported game forums.

Again no goods are transferred EVER unless they just remove the renter, and then the renter transferred the items to these guys.

11. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

@Berek himself has responded to this thread. If there were any kind of violation of policy, he would have shut this entire thing down. If a renter is booted - their property that they placed will go back to the bank - at least that is my understanding.

Read the second sentence that you posted:
    Says it right there.

Let's end the witch hunt please. I think we have a world to save in Novia.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

Tactics to gain an advantage even when it is legal to do so and the result is a monopoly of resources in a givin area and the explotation of said resources as long as it is not prohibited is perfectly legal. Lets let the future play itself out and be on respectful terms with eachother. As to the Op good luck with your buisness venture as I see it, I think you'll need some luck.

13. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Honestly, all posts that were not an inquiry to the original posters offer should have been removed. All this banter was nothing more than hijacking a thread. I kinda wondered when the witch hunting people would start coming out blaming others because they were not fast enough to get the lot they wanted. Kinda reminds me of the old UO Days with IDOCS. The bickering that went on with those were epic. My honest opinion is the ones who did not get the lot they wanted are mad because they wanted to sell the lots if they won them for real cash.
    This is what happens when you gamble. Sometimes ya lose. Good luck Guni I hope you bring some fresh people to the game and they rent your lots.

14. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Garriott has had his fights with the tax authority back in UO concerning the counselor-cases. He will fight again when this game goes online in europa. Doing trades with RL-money and renting virtual property is related to paying taxes. This game goes down to a big teleshopping-show and fights with the tax seem inevitable.

Whyterose Flowers and Tahru like this.
  15. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Took me a few posts to put two and two together. The answer is: Anshe Chung.

Now I know:

1. SotA is a fully monetized virtual world
    2. In for a wild ride that will end in nothing good

Thanks for saving me any future purchases.

How's that investment with the Crowfall developers coming along? Kept the angry mob at bay a few more years until they figure out where you are?

Q: How much of the $$ you make off of people here are you pumping back to your keepers, a competitor to SotA. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  16. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Definition of "crab mentality:" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  17. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

@Berek

Please can you remove the stuff attacking this thread. We don't see this level of abuse on other vendor threads.

18. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

No worries. Screenshots taken. Let's allow redditors and other gaming sites decide your real motivations. Have a nice day.

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I started deleting individual posts but that's wasting my time, so I'm just going to shut this entire thread down.

Anymore bickering and we'll had out more warnings, thanks.

20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I responded before it went down the trash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.