Game not ready for release

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Gramps, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Game Crashes and driving everyone nuts.
    Game looses contact when Login on. (Shroud of the Avatar Not Responding).
    Lag is so bad in some towns when you try to turn 20 degrees you will turn 180 or more.
    Fighting a mob and it is straight in front of you and you cast Fire Arrow it goes and hits another mob.

I use a Razer Blackwidow Deathadder Mouse on both of my computers and they just lock up and have to be disconnected and reconnected to work again. When a game interferes with your hardware that is really bad.
    Others with the Deathadder are having the same problem. Only locks up playing this game on two different computers.

I thought this game was going to be like Ultama Online but it it isn't even close. I am really debating on if to play this game or not. I have talked to many players and they are very disappointed the direction this game is going.

Except for the fan boys. They will be happy no matter what until they are the only ones playing.
    I and many others are not happy that honey holes with lots of loot was not told to us until it was to late. If you are going to be partial to big doners and big guilds then I for one won't have anything to do with this game. Play fair with every one. Treat us all the same no matter if we have 45.00 or 30,000 in the game.

Right now this game has more bugs than a rain forest. My sugestion to you Dev's is to fix the bugs before you introduce new content. What good is the new content if you can hardly play the game the way it is.
    I have wasted more teleport and recall scrolls because of crashes.

I read on Forums that people don't want but 1% of people to have homes. Really? What the hell is wrong with you people? Guess you want to play this game by yourself. How long you think people will play if they can't have their own home ? Myself I hope everyone buys a home and we have more people playing this game than you can shake a stick at. More people the better.

What ever happen to fast travel. That was what I judged all games by. I quit playing Everquest II because of it took forever to go from one place to another. UO had the best travel systems of all games ever !!

Ok... let the hate mail begin.

2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Valid points, except thinking this game is Ultima Online.

This game isn't ready to release. Why did you need a post stating the obvious?

3. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

They know it is not ready for release !!

It is not even on Alpha, so imagine beta !!

Good thing they still have 7 months before tentative release date !!!

They have plenty of time to fix those issues I think....

May i say you jumped the gun ?

Womby likes this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

No Hate. Respect your opinion as is your right in which to voice it. As for me , I will be playing till the cows come home. No I am not a fanboy, in my case fanwoman ; there are a lot of things I do not like. However I do not put anyone upon a pedestal as the fall is liable to kill them. This is a game, a form of entertainment. My life does not depend on this game. I can not wear this game. I cannot eat this game. Plain and simple, the world will still go around when this game too lies within the dust and hopefully, for my part, I hope that is a very long time.

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

This is a particularly buggy release and they know it. They may have to roll back to an older version of Unity.

That being said, adding new content and scenes has nothing to do with fixing bugs. The level designers adding scenes, the artists creating new models and textures, the writers adding new dialogue, etc. are completely independent of Chris and programmers working on the client. Saying they shouldn't add anything until bugs are fixed is a bit silly.

6. helm

helm Avatar

1) File a bug report; 2) File a bug report; 3) File a bug report; 4) File a bug report; 5) File a bug report; 6) Sorry to hear that; 7) Basic gameplay (i.e. except for land) is actually more or less equal treatment; 8) File bug reports; 9) Not possible because the game would not be ever finished, does not help much anyway because regressions; 10) The game is not ready; 11) Things like this are to be expected in testing phase; 12) There will also be renting; 13) The game is not ready.

Quenton, Birne, KuBaTRiZeS and 12 others like this.
  7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I feel the op. Combat and PVP needs to improve vastly.
    PVP and all player interaction, Politics, Alliances that make Online games everlasting are currently missing and only exist Roleplay wise, which is kinda lacking IMHO.

Sadly the devs didn't live up to Ultima Online yet. Frankly its unclear if they ever will be. Ultima Online is what gets people checking this game out. And I don't mean the FFA Full Loot... I mean Virtual World, so haters go flame somewhere else with your Hugbox Agenda. Flagging needs to be within the game lore, and needs a purpose.

8. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Duchess Fionwyn and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

All PR talk doesnt matter... its a release once its persistent for most people. Ofc it doesnt matter in the long run... reputation is not good anymore and momentum was lost so I think the way they go now makes kinda sense to me. Work on the game. Try to keep as many players as possible.

If the game proves to be good in 5-6 month some might give it another chance. And we can try to get more ppl into this here. Right now the ship is sailed. We need to look forward now and make the best out of it.

10. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

My vote is for the mods to auto-ban anyone who compares the game to UO or ask for the game to be more like UO. :rolleyes:

Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. Not interested in re-runs.

If I wanted UO, I'd go play UO.

11. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

"Spiritual successor to UO & U7"

Portalarium drew first blood

12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If wish they kickbanned the people that want other kickbanned for a different opinion... ^^

13. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

"spiritual successor"

Look it up. Nevermind. I'll do it for you.

A spiritual successor, sometimes called a spiritual sequel, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, yet features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material, thereby resulting in it being related or similar "in spirit" to its predecessor.

14. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I know. god forbid I should have the OPINION that people who compare the game to UO should be banned, even in jest.

Pot. Kettle.

Beno Ledoux likes this.
  15. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Thats not an opinion.

Lots of people see this differently. Ofc its not a uo2 clone or classic uo revamped rather the idea of a virtual world. They still lack in that department. Uo did that better.

Despite that most ppl here dont want it to be UO, else they would still be playing it on freeshard or official. Most want the initial idea improved. Neither hugbox nor ffa mayhem. Virtual world for everyone wont work without compromises.

On topic. Its not finished. Persistence so early might repel players later if they have to face all gm chars. But we will see I guess.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    mikeaw1101, warxnox and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I'll say the same thing I did in the other thread since these guys continue to bring up UO. I beta tested UO and it was an utter disaster... you want lag.. try 5 minutes to move a few steps. People were screaming the same thing... "This game is gonna fail"... 20 years later... I wonder if they are eating those words?

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  17. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

It is beta thats why people report complains to make it better. Some more some less constructive.

Sweetmcpwnsauce and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Here, you have to press this button to log into the game:

[​IMG]

19. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Okay guys, enough. This is a topic that gets really heated, really quickly and everyone has a differing opinion on it. That is fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, you also need to respect the opinions of others and address them as such. This bickering needs to stop. It's against forum rules and doesn't help anything. I've cleaned up a few posts here. Please, if you're going to continue making posts, do so respectfully.

20. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

I really hope the game does make it. I will be playing for at least 6 months into release and see if I like it or not. I have been playing for 16 months now. I hate the wipes but understand they have to do it. This isn't my first testing of a game Never done alpha but did do some Beta. The constant game crashes and the "Shroud of the Avatar is not Responding" is what drives me nuts.
    When I played UO I played on a modem. Yeah there was lagg but I swear I don't remember it being as bad as it is in Owls Head. It isn't as bad on this computer but my old one it kills.
    Gona have to buy my wife her own computer so she stays off my gaming computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.