1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Gold Crowns of the Obsidians

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

The potion effect is a mirror/copy of an existing skill, that requires that much XP to achieve the same percentage. That's all there is to it.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And that can be done in a week? A potion only lasts a week.

3. agra

agra Avatar

Hehhe. A potion lasts for as long as a player is willing to pay for it.. For example: forever. Especially at $1/week.

4. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Lol so damn true.... good point :p

Snikorts likes this.
  5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There is many ways these crowns could be a good thing, but they should never be linked to an individuals crafting or combat.

Taking a break from his internet search for breasts, Greg mashed the keyboard at a search engine in an attempt to randomly google the answers to unasked questions. "bllrbsOTA" summoned some strange results but it was the main page of an online game that caught his attention. Clicking on the link, the air suddenly began to hum, his monitor glowed brightly and his body began to pixelate... he was being transported into the game itself!. Realizing what was happening and being fully aware that his lack of gaming ability and social skills would surely spell his doom, the would be avatar quickly and deftly linked his paypal account to his inheritance.

Mata, Duke Albert, smack and 9 others like this.
  6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

SO did Greg have any luck with the initial search?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Greg has seen many things, some of which he will regret for the rest of his life.

Miracle Dragon, Kytail, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I don't think the world of Tron, PayPal was available. Since Greg did not take the blue pill or the red pill we know he is not in the Matrix. ;)

Themo Lock likes this.
  9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Well, you don't need to take a pill to get into the Matrix.. we're already in the Matrix. The pill was merely to help open our eyes to the fact we're in it..

10. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Watched the Hangout last nite....the way they were talking it was seems its already been decided that the ONLY way to repair Max Durability is going to be repaired is with Crowns and that's it.
    The way the question about Crowns were answered I'm pretty sure they are'nt gonna change their minds and we have to like it or lump it - although I guessed as much when DS declared it on the Announcement forums without running it on the Dev+ forum first back for feedback.

I think they knew alot of people were'nt going to be happy with the decision, but are firmly set on this course of selling items on the Addon store that are a requirement for a fairly essential game mechanic and don't want to have something like Player feedback affect that decision.

I'll just see how it pans out, but personally think its a mistake making a cash buyable item a requirement in a Game Mechanic, and quite possibly the thin end of the wedge. I think only it adds more weight to a lot of peoples opinion that this game is Pay2Win (which I don't share but if you read the Steam reviews, is already being quoted as one of the main complaints about this game)

11. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Lord British, I talk to you now.

I thought you were made of sterner stuff than this. How do you answer to these changes? Answer now from your heart or forevermore I have lost my age old loyalty to the name Lord British.

12. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Listened to the hangout as well, gonna rehear it now to see what i missed.

Happy that they are going to have 0 value on vendors but i keep thinking using them for repairs is a huge mistake. There are other ways that as far as i can tell haven't been explored. I wish i could've stayed for the AMA Chris did after the Hangout to learn more...

We'll see.

Snikorts likes this.
  13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

This is half right. First, the COTOs can be acquired in-game. Second, there's always the option to replace your gear after the months it takes to wear it out completely. It could take quite a bit to balance these things, but It sounds like they know what they're doing.

The scary thing here is the precedence. Once crowns are in-game, it would be very easy to turn the dials and make the game feel impossible without paying more money to play.. but having those dials in place may just be an insurance policy, so the game doesn't 'fail' completely post launch. Business-wise, this is a smart choice. I still am willing to trust these guys to deliver what I think is a fun game without having to spend anymore money. But the PR spin for this is virtually impossible.

14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Correct. No one said the pills let you enter the matrix.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  15. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I'm feeling better about the COTOs after watching the R30 postmortem video - like you say, it comes down to trust. I trust that they're not going to make it impossible for me to play through the story/game with friends without being continually frustrated and forced to buy crowns to complete the game. They made that quite clear and I'm hoping this is well communicated during the official launch so that people don't look at it and say "Oh, I pay $45 and then it's Pay to Play as I have to buy crowns?".

They will need to be sure they are very clear to consumers but many people just won't look beyond the surface and don't have the long standing relationship with the game and developers.

Gatsu., Time Lord, Vyrin and 4 others like this.
  16. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Well i am one of thoose who is currently strictly against the COTOs repair design.
    But i am willing to wait and see how it turns out in the long run.

17. charlesvon03

charlesvon03 Avatar

What Place can find COTO ? THANKS

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Add-On Store

19. Godra

Godra Avatar

Not sure if this was asked earlier, I read most of the posts here, but too many pages for me to read at this point. I know Single Player Offline is just getting started, but how will repairs and Max Durability work in that version, I can't see crowns being used for that version.

Or can I???? :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::(

charlesvon03, smack and Leelu like this.
  20. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I don't really see why not. Why should Single Player Offline be exempt? Technically still part of the same game no matter the mode played.:eek::D

Time Lord, Ice Queen and Vixon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.