Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grand Tour frustrations

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by kristen.maxwell, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

This is why you needed to jump on top of the box. So you can talk to his head - which was sticking out - of the reindeer.:p

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

mad hermit video on yule hat <<<<<<click here
    Hey kristen.maxwell. Are you wearing plate or augmented plate. It is easier to level with the plate on and with a warrior build while the combat is getting in the game. I don't get killed all that much and can handle kobalts and most anything.
    Some of the liches get me since they do weird things to you. I am using an axe with the bludgeon skills, I locked a heal and pulling spell ice arrow. I bought the augmented plate, but you can get epic armor later with less fizzle rate. They nerfed warror stuff a bit, but I still think it is has a better survivability rate for soloing. You can always do a mage later if you want. The skill trainer is by the tents in owlshead, but you probably found him with advice. So sorry you had a tough time. kristen.maxwell.:) If you didn't watch this video it helps for new people. Mad Hermit usually does videos to help us. :)

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  3. Redsun

Redsun Avatar

New player here trying to talk to the guide in the mine. Keep on clicking the dumb reindeer and getting killed by the goblin mage and his friends. Very disappointed at this npc placement oversight.

Frustrating experience.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm sorry to hear that. /friend Erik O'Connor and message me in game. I'll zone to you and kill the kobolds so you can complete the quest.

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Noob question: is this armour just lying about, or is there something you have to do to discover it? I was in all these locations in previous releases but never noticed any armour.

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Finally got that hat. Had to take out the Kobold mage, Satyr Fighter and a few other Kobold warriors to have the time to talk to the tour guide.

They need to take out that box since the guide can't walk over and talk to you. Also had the same problem with talking to the reindeer instead.

I was at level 18 with an augmented plate suit.

7. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I like your Avatar :)

Sorry for OT.

8. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, you gotta click on the guide's head in the right spot from the right angle...

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I did it without killing and also very bugged with the conversations. But, ey, I have four legs! Anywa was not that easy this time.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  10. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I found armour and a shield at the war camps. Levelled up, got my santa hat!

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I have one more question about the Grand Tour stuff. At the Graff Gem Mines there's the Merchant and the Lady standing by the Tour Guide, I spoke to both of them and they seemed to be offering quests. I didn't find the necklace but I did collect gems however I was unable to find any way to give the gems to the merchant. Did I miss something, or have I misunderstood what's going on?

12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I made way for my other accounts with a well equipped lvl 20 warrior char - even that had to retreat twice to not get killed and recover in peace mode before finally the satyr fighter, the kobold mage and two or three kobold fighters have been taken out.
    Then added the newbie chars to party and had them come in.
    In the half hour (may have been longer) it took to do it for all accounts, the area remained clean from kobolds at least in my instance. One of the chars had also extreme difficulties to target the guide and to get a response from it. The reindeer and the box did seriously increase the difficulties here.
    I think the best way for this area currently is to form either an organized party or have a battle proven player as spearhead dealing with the dangers on the way.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you need want help in Game look for Oldman Weinie, Friend me and MSG me ill help you thru it :) Merry Christmas

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  14. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Going to try to get in a hotfix to make the automaton in the mines much easier to talk to. No promises on when/if it gets in. Thanks for the feedback!

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the conversation for renton graff is a little TOO specific: gems won't work, but gem does.

Wintermute of CoF and Jatvardur like this.
  16. wdboyd

wdboyd Avatar

LOL.

I, for one, am most pleased that I can defeat stags, sheep and turkeys. Now, that is impressive. Mess with me... will ya? Wimpy animals.

17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Agreed. I moaned about this in IRC but didn't file a report. :-/

mbomber likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i did. i've got my own backlog of things i haven't reported, though. usually things that require screenshots.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm glad you got your hat and leveled up. Sorry I missed your comment, for myself I bought augmented plate armor at a vendor in a building in owlshead around the tented area.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.