Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Guild Warfare Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Sold and gone, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the problem is that the current plan favors elitism.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This system forces people to leave a guild that might put them into a pvp situation they don't want to be in. It's great if you have a high concentration of pvp players that want lose a lot of battles to power gamers. If you think that's what we'll have here in SOTA I would have to disagree.

3. Drocis the Devious

You are correct my good sir.

This system favors those that are high level or in large numbers. It assumes that our population of people will just assimilate to that playingstyle and they won't quit the game or avoid the mechanic entirely.

Let's see...how'd that work for Darkfall, Shadowbane, Mortal Online, Life is Feudal?

I suppose it depends on your point of view.

4. Womby

Womby Avatar

I believe that refers to existing guild members who are strictly non-PVP, who are now placed in the situation where they can be flagged PVP without their consent. Even if they trust their guild leader not to accept a declaration of war, simply belonging to a guild means implicit acceptance of PVP. They may have strong, principled objections to that. This system was not known at the time they joined the guild.

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    ok ty :) Ya I see that dilema and thats why I brought up the different layers of associations. Like Society/Town/guild/clan

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Wondering about 'guild tropies.'

Can a guild sets up their own 'dummy' guild (hazing for new recruits?) to be slaughtered by their main guild for the purpose of earning guild trophies?

7. Drocis the Devious

I don't see why not.

Just as I don't understand the point of "kill counts" in pvp. I don't understand the point of "keeping score" in guild warfare. I was expecting some kind of territory to be fighting over...some type of meaningful challenge and test of skill.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They should find a guild that is more in line with thier goals, or work to create a structure with in thier guild to establish rules. Don't asume people cannot decide for them selves what they like and dislike.

Like with the blue healers if they jump in causing a pvp flag the first time. It gives them an opportunity to learn from thier misteak or repeat it if that was thier original intent.

The Obsidian Eye and E n v y like this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Then you don't understand PvP outside of an RP scenario.

10. Drocis the Devious

Yes, that's true. Which is good since this is a roleplaying game.

The Obsidian Eye and Womby like this.
  11. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Suppose you could have sub guilds...

Main Guild (standard non-pvp flag rules)
    Sub-Guild (PvP)

The PvP sub-guild accepts war declarations on behalf of the main guild? Everyone in the sub-guild gets their pvp flag turned on during an active war and the main guild is unaffected. Sub-guilds would allow players from each guild to communicate with each other... Shadowbane used /na (nation) for these purposes.

Main Guild can't cast beneficial spells on Sub-Guild B members during an active war? If anyone from the main guild wants to help the sub guild they just tag over.

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I like it. To make it work overall with this plan is get rid of the autoflag feature in place now,

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Not for me I want nothing to do with RP ..

I want freedom via a sandbox environment.

14. Drocis the Devious

Why the blue healer mechanics? Either be in pvp or not in pvp. There's not skipping around pvp. That just creates exploits. The game isn't fair when you don't know who's playing. That just creates a world where you have to assume that everyone not on your side is a potential enemy. Which is fine if you have a mega guild, but horrible if you're a solo player.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

We should have that choice though.

16. Drocis the Devious

That's fine.

I'm more of a casual RPer. The beauty of SOTA is that everyone is RPing regardless of if they think they are or not. That's the way the lore was written, you are you.

The Obsidian Eye and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

It's not really a choice between RP and not RP. It's a choice between playing the game on your own terms or not playing the game.

History tells us that if you force people to play a game (pvp) that they don't want to play then they quit and you don't have people playing your game. It would be like if I told PK u that we made the game so he can't pvp and all he can do is roleplay in a chat window speaking thou's and thus's. :) I believe he'd probably quit because he's not into that. (I'd quit too, btw)

So we have to find a way to accept that and move on to allow people to play in the way that they enjoy. This system (like others) fails to do that.

18. Womby

Womby Avatar

There are two concepts of guild. There is the strict game definition of a guild, where you join using an in-game interface, and which follows strict rules defined by the game; then there is the broader guild concept that involves access to forums, TeamSpeak, etc. and can even span multiple games. These two concepts can and often do overlap.

The very act of joining an in-game guild now means giving implicit consent to PVP. Some non-PVP players will never do that. That is why I "left" my in-game guild just prior to R25. I'm still a member of the broader, out of game guild, but I'm withholding my guild membership information from the game.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I'm not stealing ur choice if u wanna RP, I think that's fantastic.

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I do not want to steal yours either. :) I believe in pvp for you too. I played siege perilous too! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.