How do you feel about referral/challenge rewards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sargon, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If anybody wants a system to help them get that Duke reward read this Handing out flyers

2. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Based on the numerous requests we've received for a unique referral identifier besides the SotA/KS email, we are implementing a system that will generate a unique member ID# for SotA registered accounts. It will be displayed in your User Account Profile, along with user name, email, and display name. You can provide this number to your recruits and they will have the option to enter either your email or member ID# when they make their pledge. We should have this implemented sometime early next week.

3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Dallas, YOU ARE THE MAN! :D

dallas and OSullivan like this.
  4. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

What about referral linking? I may be interested in sending some traffic this way if I could get credit through a referral link instead of a manual input of ID.

5. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

Dallas I think this a great idea

My first thought however was to put my unique member ID in my forum signature, post it to my fansite, and then get 5 to 10 people to refer me. From that point on anyone that wants the extra promotions could piggyback on. Do you have any objections to that? I realize that this is not something that your marketing was designed to promote as it's not really encouraging the maximum number of new customers. So if you object, what would you do to stop people from doing that? For me, you could probably just say "please don't do that" and I would comply out of courtesy, but I'd like to think that either you'll allow it for everyone to do this or you'll require everyone to not do this.

Your thoughts?

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

manual input of an ID is reasonable since many people will be giving info via word of mouth. Let's keep the playing field the same.

7. dallas

:)

8. dallas

The User ID# is now implemented and ready for use!. The number corresponds to when you registered on SotA, so the smaller the number the earlier you joined (I'm #7). It also asks for the User ID# or Email of the recruiter when someone creates a new pledge. Thanks to @tphilipp for getting that implemented so fast!

Umbrae, Isaiah MGT470 and Fireangel like this.
  9. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

@dallas

I see the ID has been implemented (I am 1179!) but where do we see the people who have used us are referrals? I want to make sure I got my finder's fee =D

10. dallas

@postulio, We're still working on displaying the number of recruits. Hopefully we can have that in this week, but might slide to next week.

11. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Gotcha, thanks, will the $25 bonuses be aggregated then or have they already been added? I couldn't tell but I could be wrong...

12. dallas

The $25 recruiting rewards are not reflected in your pledge total yet. Those will be added in when the number of recruits are displayed.

Isaiah MGT470 likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This is slightly off topic but will other credits also be shown in your pledge totals? Contest winnings.. assets submitted (and used) etc..

14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

To those who are a bit disappointed that they missed out by recruiting people earlier rather during this promotional period, understand that promotions are a way of life. The people who pledged during the KS had access to exclusive founder rewards and cheaper tiers than those who pledged later.

There is always the possibility in life that when you make a financial situation that a better offer might have been available previously, or maybe one will become available later.

If you were happy at the time with the pledge, and your decision to recruit/refer others without a need for incentive, then you should still be happy. The goal is to increase funding to make SotA better, which benefits us all.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  15. dallas

We are designing it so that we can show a list of credits that comprise your pledge total. However, for this next iteration, there will be two numbers showing your pledge total: Amount you paid + a Bonus amount (which will be a total of all credits: i.e. recruiting rewards, contest winnings, crowdsourced payments, etc.). We will also display the total number of recruits and recruit value that are contributing to the "Bonus" amount in your pledge total. Tassilo Philipps (@tphilipps) is still working on it, so we may alter it slightly as soon as we see it in operation.

Montesquieu_Paine, rild and Koldar like this.
  16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Sweet.. I figured you guys were all over it but only referrals were specifically mentioned so clarification is good. Thanks!

17. stile

stile Avatar

Is there any sort of system planned where if you earn extra but not another tier, you can use them for something else, like the store?

I know i have referrals coming but it wont get me a tier.

18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I thought that one of the plans was to allow us to increase our pledge by whatever amount we could afford throughout the development phase. Currently, I only see the ability to create a pledge for a specific tier, upgrade from one tier to another, or create a monthly payment plan. Why can't we simply increase our pledge by a set dollar amount, and automatically move to the next tier once we have exceeded its value?

I think this is going to be an issue this weekend, when those attending the Telethon at the Hearth of Britannia are trying to do pledges. Not everyone can afford to move up a tier (some of those higher tiers have BIG gaps), but they might be motivated to toss in another $25-50.

19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You get stuff like metronomes and hunting dogs as added rewards. If you're already at Lord it can indeed help you get another tier, but you would need to get more recruits. Also if you don't get enough to upgrade your tier it would at least get you closer to that next tier so it would cost less to upgrade it.

Then there is always the issue of house placement (which goes to the highest pledge first). The more you pledge in your tier the earlier you place your house. So if you have $4,000 pledged toward your home, then you place before the other Barons that have only 3,500 etc. *(Early backers go before post kickstarters too).

So regardless what your tier it helps you to recruit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.