How to add my wife's account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gypsy Lou, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Greetings! Very excited to be here, I pledged as an Explorer earlier this week and just today upgraded to Navigator. My wife and I will be playing at release and I'm wondering what kind of pledge to get her.

I'm *hoping* that the house permissions systems are smart enough to allow us to properly share our house and its furnishings. But no game ever gets this right. Feedback appreciated here. Should she get her own house? We currently play ArcheAge and we both have our own houses and lots and lots of farmland, so we're used to being land barons and looking for more space for our crops. But I know this game is very different. She is not a crafter, more of an adventurer and will be happy to share my house and leave the crafting to me, unless there is some significant game advantage to her owning her own place? What say you?

More importantly, we want to play together so I'm concerned about getting her the same headstart date as me. If I pledge her account today, will we both share the same headstart date? I think I did my first pledge on Sunday or Monday this week, not sure.

Thanks for any input or suggestions. I am really looking forward to the newest iteration of Britannia!

Thanks!

2. Eligor

Eligor Avatar

Hi Wanderlust; it's great to see people excited about the game and congratulations on the upgrade!

The best way to answer your question is to fire-up the game and explore some of the towns so you can get a feel for the size of the properties. @TheMadHermit's thread is well worth a visit:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../the-mad-hermits-sota-home-walk-through.5962/

In terms of start-date I was under the impression that the start date was by tier and so the higher the pledge the earlier you can claim your Lot. The following is courtesy of @koldar in his thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...s7jtNlz_a-4756ZkzS8/edit?pli=1#gid=2005698112

Hope that is some use; I'm sure others will answer too!

[Edit] In terms of permissions yes I think you'll be able to set your wife as "Kindred" so she will be able to share :) http://sotawiki.net/sota/Housing#Permissions

Aldo likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

House permissions are not in R13 but they are coming in R16/March.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/first-quarter-2015-schedule-update.18635/

Eligor likes this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

One house and add a 5 story basement (the best value around IMO) should give both of you ample room for dual living and storage.

As was stated, the permission system is basic now, but lots coming down the pike.

enderandrew likes this.
  5. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Ok thanks. I don't need the permissions now, knowing it's coming eventually will be fine.

With that in mind, let me rephrase the question: what pledge should she make so that she can join me in Alpha and be in the headstart at the same time that I start? I have a Navigator pledge that I bought just today.

Thanks,

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

At least Explorer IMHO, that way she also has access to all 5 episodes.

Actually any pledge will allow her into the game now.

7. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Explorer it is, she is now pledged and will be joining me soon. Many thanks.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Wanderlust, another thing to consider, even though we don't know how it will work yet is if you guys are pack rats and how much can you store in a house. You know like in archeage which I played and am just getting out of,
    you aren't able to store all that much in the basic houses there. So anyway in that case two houses would provide for more storage if we get too limited on that. Just mentioning it in case there ends up being much of a limit on it.:)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

You are so lucky to have a spouse who shares your hobby!

10. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

@FanofIolo: Boy, do I know it! We absolutely love our time together in MMOs. I'm blessed.

@Majoria70: Always so good to hear from you in my threads. Thanks for the heads up on storage. I figured with my three story row house (Navigator) and a basement, I'd have lots of room for storage for both of us, but that's maybe a risky assumption? I'm assuming we will be able to place chests, but I remember in UO how they had problems with lag in zones where people had tons of items in their chests and they eventually had to place limits. Maybe I should get her her own house.

You know how it was in ArcheAge, the more land you had the better. We own a beautiful spread on the hilltop overlooking the lighthouse in Lutesong Harbor with a Thatched and 3 attached 16x16s, a Bungalow in Solis for storing packs and loading our merchant ship, and a house an farm in Ynyseter for those trade runs. Every house has the max storage chests and it's still not enough. Do you think this game will be similar in having an advantage in plopping down multiple houses right away?

I'm also concerned that my row house may be insufficient and am thinking of upgrading to a city lot. If I up my tier, I believe I get earlier access, right?

So many things to consider, the land strategies actually seem more complicated than AA (amazingly).

Thank you Majoria, hope to see you in game. I've been following your advice and killing bears for leather and making good money selling leather vests with leather straps.

Tahru and Sean Silverfoot (PAX) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.