I'm on a boat....

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jako, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

noob question: my understanding is there are 5 episodes planned, one each year possibly

so 5 years, the equivelent of 4 expansions. what then?

is this a long term project like UO was? UO went strong for over 10 years. so did wow. Does SOTA plan on sticking around? or is it gonna be more like what destiny is doing where there will be an actual sequal instead of an expansion

Time Lord likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think we cross that bridge when we get there.

I think it would nice for the game to live on for years and years. The current plot is planned as 5 episodes. If the game is financially successful past that point, they can write new plot after that.

Duke Raas and Time Lord like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL except you can't enjoy just hanging out in your boat in Archeage, it will get you killed. I hate that part of the game.:cool:

Lord Baldrith, Time Lord and smack like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~The Time~
    After having lived from Ultima Prime, through UO and all of it's expansions, I can safely say that SotA has a "very long" future ahead of it and now is the time when those loyal followers of Lord British's gaming history can truly profit from investing in our game Shroud of the Avatar. UO was published in 1997, which was close to 18 years ago and is still a game you can pay and play in, or like me, chose to play on free servers "who expand themselves". Yet Ultima Prim stretches back to 1979 before the advent of online gaming. Add all those years and you can see where our Ultima Spirit has lived some 36 years... so I don't think any ending is in anyone's sight of it's future.

~The Big Now~
    Now is the time when to get into our New Britannia in the form of SotA, because Lord British has made it possible for us all to be able to participate to help guide and support it's continued future. "Richard Garriott" could have walked into the corporate doors of EA and Origin and announced his new game SotA and have it gobbled up by those gaming giants the same day. Yet Richard chose to dawn his rightful place as Lord British, and see our game to development his way and our way, each helping the other as we further progress. This is not to say that some day the gaming giants won't come in, but if those giants came in too early, then our SotA would have a much shorter life span, but more importantly, would not have been built with longevity or input of the player as much as it is now, nor would it have such creative control by it's true Lord.... Our game's spirit was born from a teenager and with the spirit of fun and adventuring spirit that only a teenage can fully capture. Indeed 1979 was a great year for us all. Our Lord British has only now been able to find a way to shed those corporate giant's control for our game's best creative thoughts to be full of what the true spirit of gaming is all about, yet further within it's quality of creative design, a design and vision not only of it's creator, but with all of our creative thoughts combined.... because combining people, is what the word "spirit" is all about.

~The Never Ending Life~
    The all of us that just arrived at discovering the Ultima Spirit, as well as those of we that grew up as the computer and internet did all enjoying Ultima, is what has made this the opportunity of a life time, to have participated in evolving such a game to far beyond even our real lives... Yet the Ultima Spirit will and has lived on, because it's always had the intent to be what the players want, which is for our Ultima to become the game, that, that young teenage Richard Garriott always wanted it to be and that's why many of us here call him our Lord British.

~Our Game's Reliable Future~
    Our Game in the Spirit of Ultima, is not only the longest running spirit of gaming in gaming history, it's the product that has shown from the very beginning of computer gaming, "to be unsinkable and unstoppable" because of it's gamer's wish for deeper gaming design and challenge for it's players. From the very first, gaming companies laughed at the idea of how such a game would have any public appeal... and every time they did, they found themselves wrong. Our game in it's present form and vision is no different now as it was then, which can be seen here within our forums when our players cry out for the conventional cookie cutter MMO, yet find that things are seldom conventional here, in our game's design, or in it's vision to be something "again" far ahead of it's time, because the future is never comfortable and the past is always dead. Corporate Giants create games with a predictable life span, yet Lord British's vision for our game has never ended, which brings us all here, back to "our game".

From boats to many more things... "We are on a boat Yo!" :D
    and ~The Big Now~ is the best time to come on board ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.