Improvements to Targeting

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rational, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rational

Rational Avatar

Please provide an option to 'never change targets unless I double click something new'.

I am really really really frustrated with target changes while I am attacking something. I don't care if I can't actually shoot the thing I'm targeting. If I'm re-positioning to kite something by turning around, I definitely do not want to attack the next closest thing... ever. I want to attack something until it's dead - not until it's at 50 hp so then my target refocuses on something with 700 hp.

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Completely agree on this. If you select a target you should never lose that target unless you select something else or hit a set key to clear targets.

I find targeting really frustrating as I never really feel like I'm in control of my character properly.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Tamsen, Beli, Lord Stein and 2 others like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Chris noted this in his blog recently. He is looking at fixing this.

majoria70 and Rational like this.
  4. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

yes please!

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

targeting has not been working completely right ever since implementd.

"g" still is ineffective

I died to a PvP er because I could not change my target to him even though I hit "G" many times and I was forced to keep fighting the Skelie I was hitting. Yeah I would have died anyhow but I at least could have fought back a little.

I have also been in fights and hitting "G" does nopthign even though there are ranged targets I would like to make my soft "Lock"

SOft locking and targeting is and has been an insult to players for almost a year.

Beli and FrostII like this.
  6. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Bad enough target changes while fighting. It's even worse for healers. Can't begin to tell you how many times I have the person I want to heal targetted. I am even facing them. I cast the heal and suddenly I am turned around 180 and am suddenly healing something behind me. Would be nice if we had buttons for each person in the group with spells I could assign to each button for healing. Would be so much faster. At least this way I would have a chance the heal spell I cast would actually be on that person. As it is now can barely see who it is that needs healed (hopefully soon this will be fixed). Much less target them. *Sigh*

Beli and FrostII like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, for locked targets. At first, I thought this is what 'target lock' was for.

FrostII and Beli like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree we should lock on target selected and if that target moves out of range we should keep getting a 'you are not close enough to hit the target' note instead of the game changing the target for us. We should have to manually change it. Sometimes the target is almost dead and we definitely want to finish them off first or we may want to change target by clicking on a new target, but that should be our choice. :)

Beli, FrostII and Rational like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

+1 to all the above.
    Targeting has been horrible ever since the reticle came aboard. :mad:

Matt Harris, Beli and Lord Stein like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.