Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Increase pet walking speed

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Pets (or at least the Red Spider I'm using, only one I've used), are very slow, and fall far behind while walking around. This makes using them in a scene were the mobs are spread out over a wide area very obnoxious, as they may literally get engaged by a reset NPC before they ever reach where your avatar has run off to. Please either increase their movement speed or add a skill that lets us improve their movement speed. Thanks!

Kambrius, Grimbone, Snikorts and 3 others like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

If you are out of combat mode you can teleport it to you, default key is the Num 8 i believe on the keypad. Quite easy as you running around to keep him near you with this feature, especially if u bind it to another key.

3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

While that's a nice feature to have because pathing can be a pain, the pets should still be able to keep up normally.

Kambrius, Grimbone, Net and 4 others like this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think pets should have movement that corresponds to what kind of creature they are and how they act as mobs.

[Edit: However, if there were a system where you could 'upgrade' your pets, then extra or better abilities would be acceptable to me.]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, I'm aware of teleport. Immaterial to if you have your weapon out actively fighting mobs and running around, which was the point of the post.

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

No where in your post does it state this.....

Ive highlighted a word there for you..... Ill remember to not offer you any advice even if it is possibly of use again, no worries.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I appreciate that you were trying to help. But there was a reason why I limited the discussion to being in a scene, with NPCs resetting (i.e., combat). I agree that's not entirely obvious.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Celthon like this.
  8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

By stating that your avatar has run off, and your pet trying to catch, up indicates you are not IN combat just in a scene. Myself when not actively IN combat am out of combat mode. This allows my health to regain at more than the default 1 per tick when you are in combat mode, to the 6 or 7 or so it does out of combat, also food buffs do not work in combat, so that is another 3 or 4 your are losing per tick depending on the quality of your food. Being in combat mode constantly while in a scene is not the best use of your built in health regen and also allows you to keep your pet with you by use of the teleport key as said.

I agree the things are slow, mostly by the time it gets to whatever i am killing its already dead, but i have fun with mine. I set it on some while engaging others and it has saved me on a number of occasions, especially the spider as its web is very useful as more of a support tool for me than a damage dealing killer.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I'm doing slow 1-off kills in a 5-skull, where I take little to no damage during my battles. So staying in combat mode for me during that is more efficient, so I don't have to wait for my glyphs to go through their cooldowns when getting into the next battle. :) Even when initially entering the scene and switching into combat so the cooldowns start, and running up to the nearest mob, it can take 15-20 seconds for my spider to even catch up and get into battle, unless I remember to walk up and sit around for it to show up. If the cooldowns didn't take so long on some of my initial glyphs, it'd be less of a problem, as then I'd just teleport the spider up and switch.

10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Would be a bit strange if a pet could keep up with a sprint dash blink avatar.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

But I'm not using sprint. And I'd disagree on that anyway. My dogs easily outrun me, and can in particular sprint much more quickly than I. And have you ever tried killing a spider on the run? Damn pain the rear. :) Little buggers are fast!

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah but realism in a game has it's limits.
    Game play reasons for example. Like in this case.

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

The spiders are the slowest mobs but they do web. When I used one I put it on aggressive so that it was making up it's own mind and moving faster. Skips the return to avatar after target is dead stage.

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Grimbone and uhop like this.
  15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Why would the thing you tame be faster than the wild one? So you want a wolf with web and poison bite?

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Why do you think "taming" something slows it down? That's a rather odd logic. And I'll counter with:

A greyhound (tame) runs at 45 MPH.
    A wolf (wild) runs at 31-37 MPH.

So taming an animal can in fact end up in it being faster. If you want to go the route of it's not the same thing, well, what in the world would cause a wolf to suddenly run slower just because it's tame now? There's zero logic behind that.

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Also, I'd note there are even dog breeds bred to hunt wolves that run faster than they do, but are similar in size, such as the Vizsla from Hungary. There is also the Dalmation, another large dog faster than a wolf.

18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

So you want an obsidianbearwolfferociousredspider?

The perks of all of them making none of them unique.

19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

No, I'm not interested in having their combat abilities combined. I'd just like a useful movement speed.

20. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Isn't one of the wolf combat abilities it's speed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.