Information on Player Dungeons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I know there has been a lot of focus on the Player Dungeons in live streams of late... Most of which I've been unable to view...

Are the plans and limitations on Dungeons documented somewhere?
    If so, I would very much appreciate a link to it.

What are the differences between a 50, 75, 100, and 125 point dungeon other than the entrance?
    Can a property have both a Basement and a Dungeon?
    Can a Dungeon Entrance be placed in a basement?
    If so can you have one in the Basement and a second on the Property above?

These are the kinds of questions I have... Is this type of information detailed anywhere in writing?

Thanks;

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

What are the differences between a 50, 75, 100, and 125 point dungeon other than the entrance?
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

Can a property have both a Basement and a Dungeon?
    Yes

Can a Dungeon Entrance be placed in a basement?
    Yes

You can find descriptors on the store link above.

The other answers were given on the telethon and are not written down anywhere as of yet that i'm aware of.

If so can you have one in the Basement and a second on the Property above?
    Good Question

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

each chunk is a certain number of points. this corridor is x points, that encounter room is y points, based on square meters. you use components until you hit your point limit. it's basically like lot size. just as you can claim a village lot with a town deed, you can build a 50-point dungeon even if you have 75 points, if you want.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are the entrances in Hometown?
    I'm assuming the Ring of Stones one is the same size as the inner ring of a Moongate... Which mean's it's pretty big for placing on a lot...
    True?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

1 point gives 8 square meters

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Will the Ring of Stones fit into a Keep arena or Castle Arena basement?

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This is from the preview thread...
    So there is a big diff betwen the points of those dungeons.

Also from the store description the purchase includes blueprints.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

They really should have done this backwards.

Let the players design and build the dungeon first, then have a live counter showing how much it will cost. Then players can tweak the dungeon however they want knowing exactly what the cost will be before they finalize and pay or “checkout”.

9. mass

mass Avatar

Is it fair to assume that crafted versions will be equal in content (loot, mobs, etc.) but less impressive looking as has been typical of past offerings?

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I will likely end up purchasing a dungeon... perhaps more than one... However, currently there are too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable committing to a purchase.

11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Could someone point me in the direction of a thread I'm sure I have read that limits dungeon size to Lot size. I'm struggling to locate it. Thanks.

12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Information is in the last few posts in Chris's blog. He mentions a size limit for lots, then implies there isn't an upper limit to the size. Instead he talks about starting points, ie the original size of the dungeon, based on lot size, but talks about spending fotos to expand it to much larger sizes. Some examples are included in the post.

13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Where do I find the asset for unity when I purchaised a dungeon entrance? I want to test out my ideas.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  14. Albus

Albus Avatar

Are these still pvp-centric or can they now be placed in pve towns (complete with monsters in the dungeon)? Last I heard was pvp only, but with some requesting this be a pve town feature as well?

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I don't believe the intent was ever to be PvP only... My belief is that you would be able to set a Dungeon to PvP or PvE just as you can do currently for a Basement.

Albus and Alley Oop like this.
  16. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

Edit: quoted wrong post
    along time ago in a far away and forgotten release well before the current incarnation of player made dungs graced the dev teams minds the stance on placeable spawners was that it could only work in a pvp flagged area. but there has been no mention of the current player made dungs being pvp only.

Albus and Witcheypoo like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

This doesn't make sense. There's been no indication you'd "pay" for dungeons, either in cash, gold, or COTOs. Unless I'm wrong, you get an entrance, which drops you into a single room. From there, you can add sections as you craft them, swap them out for other sections, etc., until you hit your points limit. (At which point you could pay COTOs to get more points.) What you currently buy in the store is the entrance (and they've indicated the store versions are "ornate" versions, and craftable "free" entrances will be in the game) which currently comes with an example dungeon. Once the building tech goes live, the example dungeon gets replaced with a single entrance room, and you get (presumably in the bank) the blueprints for each of the sections in the example dungeon that was attached to the entrance you purchased. Which explains the difference in prices; the bigger points example dungeons will eventually gain you a higher number of "free" blueprints.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Aldo like this.
  18. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I also feel there has not been much information on the whats what with all this Player Created Dungeons stuff.

I played a game that felt it was a great idea to plunge head long into the Player made Dungeons and Quests and the Game failed and is no longer available.

I posted this on another thread but feel it applies to this thread too.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  19. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

From the limited design knowledge they've made available the scenarios you describe wouldn't be possible. First, the rooms are all predefined blocks, you can't create a room without floors. Second, spawned aren't completely controlled by you. I suppose you could create a high tiered dungeon that lower characters could die in instantly, but tier level could be advertised automatically by the game. After all the devs would know the spawn levels, figure out the level based on spawner levels, and show it upon entrance to the dungeon. There may be the opportunity for the dungeon creator to place spanwers, but their number, how often they spawn, and the number that are spawned isn't totally under the creaer's comtrol. All that the creator would control, to some extent is, is spawner placement and level of spawn. But even those design decisions aren't totally up to the designer. For example, Chris talks about not allowing a string of demon rooms, kill one in one room then head into another room with another spawn. And the loot isn't going to be as good as killing stuff in the wild; killing a T10 mob in the dungeon isn't going to get you T10 loot (at least in their current design plans). Instead you are likely to get T8 loot.

There is also going to be a rating system, so there would seem to be a way to down rate problem dungeons.

Remember that Port designs there systems interactively, cycle by cycle, month by month. So designs change and are always in flux. And not all system design details are preplanned, so they themselves don't know exact details until the fingers hit the keyboard.

20. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

OK I admit I am not up of every aspect of the dungeon creation here (like many others) I was just pointing out some of the pit falls others games have faced in this area to get people thinking and talking about. I never said those type things are possible here, but examples of plans gone bad...

Even you say "There may be the opportunity" which implies people can only guess which way things will go...
    And to say that the Devs have thought about every aspect of the intent that people will use there creation for then maybe we need them to run for a higher office than game makers.

To blinding say all will be perfecting designed without the "Troll" factor is like just putting on blinders.

All I am saying is talking before hand about pit falls is not a bad thing.

Aeryk and Witcheypoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.