Knights house vs 3 story house

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron Asguard, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Is my main reason now. But, as you can see, some people are not that happy. I wonder why.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You're tossing out the $45 cost to get the house, and all the Edelmann tier rewards to try and make a slanted comparison, which isn't fair. You can get any house in game eventually with in game currency. Saying you can't count the cost to pre-purchase the house when you're talking solely about the value of pre-purchasing houses seems a bit disingenuous.

And if you don't care about the other rewards and only care about the house, picking a lot earlier (especially if you want a water front lot) is HUGE.

3. herradam

herradam Avatar

[​IMG]

Phredicon likes this.
  4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

And what about the people that already choose to upgrade because of the house and just the house? Do you really think that they were few?

5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

As Eriador explained "apples to apples" is a citizen plot vs a knight plot and what people choose to put on it. Where I see a disconnect is trying to attribute reward value to what is still ultimately a level of pledge to support the game. At least the "add on store" houses are clearly defined purchases. Who's to say a keen high tier early supporter might not just want a windmill on a village plot?

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

All, put the 45$. Or like me, even I have more that 600$ in mine, I already overpaid. And Im very near to cancel my monthly payment. I just compaired something basic, to pledge the Knight level because of the house or not.

7. enderandrew

And I compared those. For the $205 difference (Citizen + $45 house) you get a bunch of extras that have substantial value (crafting station, servant, water front options, early placement, autographed novel, etc).

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Sustancial for you. I never hear here something about the table or servant. Most of the people wrote that they wanted the upscale house. Is it really that hard to see? Im not saying that for you is not a good deal. But other people will not think the same, for this reason.

9. enderandrew

And I responded to that as well. If you're only interested in the house and don't really care about the other rewards, then early placement to get the lot you want for said house is very important.

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, but that doesnt change tha fact that, for a lot of people, the Knight level was the "upscale house" level.

Joviex likes this.
  11. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I think you should wait till you see them side by side in the game, explore them both, to decide if it's as good or better than the knight pledge. I'm expecting it wont be nearly as nice or roomy or have the "upscale features" we'll have the "expensive" flooring/walls vs the 3 story home. I also expect better/bigger spaces in the knight's home. Right now I'd much rather have a knight home than the 3 story home.

It's difficult to perceive the value at this time, and it is an individual basis on what is important. The crafting stations are supposed to be very valuable (on par with housing costs per a very early post from Chris). So even if it doesn't matter to you, you should be able to sell them for a good amount. Priority in placement so you can get the spot you want. The title, the 2 story basement, the table... I see if you are a benefactor you don't get crafting stations, that's going to make the quite rare I'd think.

herradam likes this.
  12. enderandrew

I think it still is. The Knight house looks better, may have more room, and has that fantastic public roof.

13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I was hours in each house, they are not too much different in quality, but different in style. But is not about me, I will pledge more to support the game, because of the oveland map issue. But other people will not be that happy.

And we all know that the basement is not a great value. :p

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

That is a taste, other people already said that they like the other one.

15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Grr. You are faster then i could correct the wrong link

Eriador likes this.
  18. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

If I can interject, I think some of this discussion misses the original point of backing: It was to get the game funded. The rewards were a 'thank you' from the dev, but trying to piecemeal each reward and assign a value I think really gets away from what this was 'all about'. Not to mention, frankly, no one has any idea what any of the stuff is 'worth' in the game, e.g. the crafting table, value of early placement, the servant, etc... And honestly, whatever 'value' (I still have a hard time using that term) a reward has at launch will change over time.

I've talked to people about pledge levels before and I always say, pledge what you are comfortable backing at. Don't think of it in terms of 'is reward X worth Y dollars (euros, pounds, pesos, bitcoins, , federation credits, spice). If you are deciding about upgrading from Collector -> Citizen, Citizen -> Knight or Knight -> Lord, etc... just ask yourself (A) can I afford it (B) Do I want to give that money to Port to support the game (C) A month later will I be happy or regretful about my decision.

Kaisa and Eriador like this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

That is nice, but we know that a lot of people do it because the rewards, or even for some specific reward. But if everyone is happy nice. I clap!

20. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Some might be not aware, others are.

Virtual rare limited items might turn out beeing far more then a pledge support.

A suprising good investment.

Of course we are all holy backers who only have the support of the developers in mind. The others are the greedy ones. Grin

Caska DiFumarate and Eriador like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.