Linked Steam Acct, Can I Add...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fister Magee, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I linked my SOTA account to Steam ages ago.. and wished I had kept it separate.. there is no way to separate this ever, correct?

Now I want to take advantage of this Steam sale (which over in a few hours, so any fast replies would be appreciated!) to get another account to play SOTA on, but I do not really want to create a second Steam account.

Is there any solution to this?

2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'm guessing probably not. These sales are usually intended to grab new customers.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Then, I think the only way to take advantage then at this point is to use a second steam account. Though I really wish I could revert my current pledge to pre-Steam and buy a new SOTA acct for Steam... for 50% :p :)

4. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

There's always the option of buying a 2nd copy of the game as a Steam Gift, even if you already have it in your library. That's what I've done during this last sale, and I'll probably be gifting it to a friend or more likely my wife. So, I ended up saving the 50%, just not in the same way.

5. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Well if you buy it through Portalarium you get an extra %10 right now anyway. So it's really only %40 more :p.

But they've said you can't remove the $45 from your account ever because essentially It's like you purchased it on steam already.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmmmm..... weeeeeelllllll.. here is what I tried so far...
    I unlinked the SOTA from my Steam account following the link in the other thread, then purchased the SOTA on sale for my Steam account. Not sure what this will do to my original SOTA signon, but I assume I will have a new character when I sign on with Steam Credentials now. And I assume, I'll be able to access my current character under the SOTA credentials... I hope!!!

I'll keep you all updated on what happens. @ work right now, and will be testing later.

smack likes this.
  8. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Can't you just do this?
    [​IMG]

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you wanted to buy a copy for someone else.
    Need more coffee.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, but I don't want a second Steam account. That is why I am trying this way first. I hope it works.

Oh, how would I use my Steam credentials to log in to the Forum or Main Website?

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well, clicking on the 'Sign on with Steam Credentials' button (on the sota website/forums) signs me into THIS account, as normal. I expected to log in with a new Adventurer Pledge, but due to my linking of my Steam account with my Ancestor Pledge Account I am forever locked in to THIS account, which is fine I think.. but that DOES prevent me from buying addons for my new account, does it not? I think I may need Dev help.. umm how do I summon them?

I hope I can log into the game with the two different accounts.... will find out in a couple of hours.

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Spoon might be able to answer your questions. I know he has a few extra accounts and I think a few are probably steam linked.

Ice Queen and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think what I'll need, is my Current SOTA to be unlinked from Steam on Portalariums end, and that will allow me to use the new Steam SOTA Adventurer Pledge as normal. I will need help from a dev.. I guess I'll open up a support ticket.

Moiseyev Trueden and smack like this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Ok, I'm home! And I cannot access my new account in any way that I know of. Both the regular signon and steam signon brings me my main account in game. I have sent in a support email and am awaiting some action. :)

14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Would think if you wanted a new unattached (not attached to steam) account,
    1) You'd have to buy one directly from Port.
    2) Then ask to have (Fister's stuff - $45 adventure account on steam) detached then transferred over to the new Port account. Would probably need to pay the handling fees as well.

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This looks like an ouch moment. But I'm very curious to the reply from support so please @Fister Magee when you do get a response, put the result here.

Now as to your issue. If you had created a new clean SotA account, and then linked the STEAM purchase to that account it would have upgraded it to an Adventurer. But now you linked it back to your ordinary account.
    That seems weird, don't know how that has resolved.
    You should check your Account page on the SotA site, then under pledges see if it lists one or two pledges, and if only one if the amount on the old Ancestor pledge has increased. If nothing has changed on the pledges then you probably need support to sort it out anyway.

Shroud Music and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I want the old sota acct to remove all references of my steam account, so I may use my new steam sota I just purchased today :) as it stand, I have two separate sota avatars now, two accounts technically, but I cannot access my new one in any way, yet. I broke it :)

17. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

When does the sale end? I should get it for my brother ;)

18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

My sota account page shows only the original pledge, which is currently at ancestor. There is no way to log in and see the new account, which is at the default steam Adventurer pledge. So yes, I did something unprecedented yet (or maybe they knew and were secretly hoping noone would stumble upon an issue).. so something is broken, and yes it was I that initiated it by the tools given to me by Steam :) We will need a fix, imagine if we all did this today.. we need a fix. I'll be sure to update this once it is resolved.

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I believe you missed it by 1 hour now... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.