1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord Forged Items now Duke Dungeon Throne Room & Duke Heraldry Paver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I agree with this. A simple Google poll would have saved a lot of pain.

CatherineRose likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I disagree when whatever communication they made would almost instantly turn toxic.

3. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I guess we have to agree to disagree then. Being afraid to proactively communicate with your customers because someone might not agree with you is a strange customer experience strategy to me.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Shhhhh this is the entire business plan of those SotA haters on reddit.

Alarming? No. Backers come and go all the time. Real life gets in the way sometimes. Other times they come back after a break or something else improves in the game.

There are still many non vocal original backers from the 2013 kickstarter are here. Myself included. I don't play as often as I used to but still enjoy logging on when I can. Other kickstarter games I backed are starting to have early access so I am fitting in along side of SotA.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Wow, seriously? We do not have the same definition of the word communication. Making a blanket statement is not soliciting input and listening to feedback.

Whatever. I'm not a Lord, so according to this thread I shouldn't have an opinion. I'll see myself out now.

Stevvcash and Addison like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm not either, but I'm on their side. When I saw the custom heads they were the single biggest draw to pledging that big. Then I saw they were expired and thank God for that.

IMO the heads should be implemented slowly but surely. Put them in 5 per month, and start with the people who have logged in most recently. I don't think that would have broken the bank, and considering all the custom heraldry, I seriously doubt it would break FPS either.

Bodhbh Dearg and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Except for the tax-free keep deed. ;)

Bodhbh Dearg and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Heck no. The Ego is a far more powerful force than real estate. The idea of having my face in a game..... whoa!

No way I would (or did) get a Duke pledge based on real estate, but that head was really tempting. Until I found out it was expired.

9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The Walls have only ever had two decisions: Starr polled, they stayed on in NPC areas. Time passes and it was brought up again - Walls came down everywhere.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

The faces were silly and ego centric. I mean really. But, the LFI idea was cool, rare unique swords and such that could be legendary, I was hoping to see that.

I hope the throne rooms (ahem) are suitably ostentatious and cool. If they’re unique enough it could be a cool player quest to get to each one in game. Better than nothing.....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    FrostII likes this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

That would be a fun quest. Meet the high level backers, and tell them we appreciate their contributions to the game we love. ;)

Wreckognize and CatherineRose like this.
  12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

What thrones?

We have heraldic thrones already.

What I am hearing proposed is that we (as a Qualified Duke or above) are receiving a dungeon room that resembles a throne assembly room and a tile that is capable of displaying our selected heraldry.

We don’t know if the tile can be dyed or if it’s a dark or light contrast.

I do not dislike the proposed idea of it as the pledge head substitute. My feedback would depend on the design of it.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

The dungeon throne rooms with heraldic pavers this entire thread is about.

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Thrones are chairs. There are no mentions of chairs actually being delivered with said throne room. My comments are for clarity to your use of the word “thrones”.

Cordelayne, Bodhbh Dearg and Addison like this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

That is what I meant, Governor. Must I fight with every member of the court on this site? It tires me.

I am glad I never asked to join your towns now.

Have no Doubt, the town of Blix will appear in Ep 2, and it will only be for faithful Obsidian soldiers.

Those who seek to overthrow and oppose the aristocracy that has failed us !

16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There is no fight, just moments of clarifying terms of use that may have been shortened for those of us walking into the middle of the thread and see that we are now receiving thrones, not throne rooms ;)

But ok, I see now that you meant throne room.
    And yes, I walked into the middle of the thread and was like ‘wha?? Throne chairs???’

17. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Yes. Silly and egocentric. I remember the dream of having my face on my character, proudly wearing my heraldry, with my special island castle flying my heraldry above. I also remember Richard selling that idea and promising to weave some of our own story or real life details into the lore and becoming a part of the world we were helping to fund at the highest levels.
    It was silly and a bit foolish of us to have believed and bought into the sales pitch. They still owe me an NPC Sir Frank.
    But you know, they bit off more than they could chew, so this or nothing. I don't think it's fair or right, but it is what it is.

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Sir Frank we might not agree on this. I fondly look about the coins you have helped mint for us that keep us going with this game. I'm sad to see you too are among the disaffected.

I can only hope you take a step back to see how petty this complaint truly is. They promised too much...yea. They pitched a game before they had an idea how to build it. Yea. But we have what we have, and in these truly hard and late days I hope ye look upon the virtues and have some empathy and understanding.

Let's assume for a second the 100 or so individuals, many of whom I've met in real life and whom I can personally attest to having visages of no great beauty.....got their faces in game.. would they then be happy ? From everything I've seen since 2014, and read ? Nay. They'd never be happy, not even with that. So what then ?

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There are two sides to this issue, and that is all there should be.

Port - they cannot deliver and item they already sold. They tried to give out items that have already been given out, these items held no value and where even significantly lower in properties from items they have already give out. Now in response they once again are saying they are going to give in replacement something that is a simple static display, and one that requires a lot more work and effort from the player.

Player's who paid for theses items - Duke and LotM who backed early. We have not received any information or consultation up front about this issue. It has been told to us thru a general forum. No discussion, no notice, nothing to even try and see if what is being considered is even remotely acceptable to any one.

Dukes and LotM should be the only ones in this conversation about what it is we are receiving, there are not that many of us.

Some of us would have even accepted other things that are actually in game in replacement to facilitate something we desire. Others will never be pleased, Port can not win in that case. However if they actually dealt with us directly (even as a group) they would have received a much more receptive response.

A Custom Avatar head is something that would stick with the player wherever they are, it does not affect gameplay in any way it was all aesthetics.

There are / were many ideas that player have thrown out there.

However I will say it again this should have been handled between the Dukes / LotM and Port, not the entire player base. Yes we deserve that much since we did pay more up front. $$ after the fact do not factor in sorry.

There is also nothing that has been done in game that can even remotely compare.

Saying "we delivered 90%" holds Zero weight.

4 pages of replies are irrelevant this should have been a private matter between Duke's / LotM and Port.

Please do not reply to this post. This is my last thought on this issue that I will discuss openly. You can PM me if you want.

20. Godra

Godra Avatar

The issue I have with all of this is you are led to believe you are getting a certain set of rewards, both physical and digital, and you pledge x amount to get those items. Then, you are told, "well, this one item isn't going to work now, so here is this instead". No open dialog, no conversation on it, just here you go and thanks for pledging. I get that if it can't happen because of in game issues, cost (but seriously, that should have been known before you offer it), didn't think it would be so many Dukes and LOTMs... I get that, so you need to substitute it out for something else. But they gave us a Lord Forged Item, weapon, armor piece or a deco item that was never said what deco item it would be. You read the feedback on it, see we are unhappy and put the whole Lord Forged Item on hold, because it was negative feedback. Months go by, several threads pop up every so often on this topic because nothing was created and nothing was communicated from Portalarium that they were "looking into better options". Then all of a sudden, here you go, have this dungeon throne room. Again, still do not learn from thy past mistakes!!! In just about every thread on this topic, we Dukes and LOTMs asked for open communication. We even gave some cool ideas in some of those threads. Didn't give us a time of day. Just here you go and thanks for pledging a second time. Didn't learn from thy past mistakes. I understand, you ask 200 people "what would be a suitable replacement?", you are going to get at least 100 different ideas and 200 people arguing why this would be better and why this would be bad, but at least we could narrow some down and maybe a majority vote. Some ideas were just already in game items like a lot deed, but even I knew that wasn't going to happen. I liked the idea of a life size statue of our Character with a gold or brass plaque that had our name on it if viewed. I don't see a big use for the dungeon room, but that is me and someone else may think it's cool and wants it.

@Sir Frank said it best...
    I don't think you will see much more of me. I will play in Single Player Offline when and if this game ever gets to Episode 5, but until then, I hope you all enjoy your new Throne Room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.