Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Macroing

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

this has just penalized anyone that attempts to just play the game and not micro manage there skill advancement, I definitely shouldn't have to turn off my innates in order to get some meager advancements in an active glyph.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

He's still gonna be behind everyone.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

That's what I figured too.. this is not the solution, but I'll be sure to enjoy the xp while its here.

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

And, there never was a problem with the gustballers, except that they won't play in SPO while training. :) Tho I appreciate Chris' patch to begin fixing the system.. there's a magic middle area, but declaring war on us gustballers is not it.. worry about the real cheaters please. Have we spied any of those or do the gustballers bother you enough that we have to change the system?

5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

leveling up should be fun, this just made it even less enjoyable than it already was.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

:) I lost my 4x multiplier AND we're getting 4x times less XP pool in the same day! Yay!

A hard cap would solve all these problems. Power gaming is the worst. I'm going to write John Oliver and ask if he'll say that live on tv somewhere. "Power gaming is the worst. The worst."

I just love how he says that.

Tahru, Fister Magee and Moonshadow like this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Careful what you ask for.. :rolleyes:

Tahru likes this.
  8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

This is misinformation. You lost your 4x. Happens to us all. You are not getting 4x less exp to your pool post patch. Your skills are using 4x more per use so the # of uses to skill level 100 has gone down.

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Oops, you're correct. I didn't mean to word it that way.

EDIT: I'm not sure your characterization is correct either though. Is that really how you read Chris's post? If I understand what Chris wrote, he was saying that you would USE UP 4x as much of your XP pool, you wouldn't "lose it" but it would move out of your XP pool faster than it was before, thus making hitting a gust ball (for example) require you to run back out and level up again right away (and inefficiently)>

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Time to eat the cake that was baked.

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I don't think he understands how gustball training works........ or maybe how I'm doing it :) oh well, gimme more xp :D Seriously,
    That's good, as you stated, it is inefficient.. its improving my method, not hindering... but no point in trying to make a point some people won't see ;)

12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I just hope it doesn't affect the normal training people.. which is strangely enough, the way I usually train :) This was fun

13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

We've had so many ideas on the feedback forums about how to implement a half-hard cap that would only punish those doing repetitive powerleveling, but we keep bandaging the same problem... while its so easy to remedy.

We indeed ran a full circle here, again... laws are being made to favour the vocal minority which is still convinced reaching max levels afap is how you win this game.

People lose sight of the roleplaying side because of it... BDF might do 10 times better roleplaying than the powerleveler, but he's still going to get his *@% whooped because someone gamed the system, and to put salt on the wound, it will be because of levels.

This reminds so much of WoW that I'll be one of those guys actually playing the game and not caring one bit about skills and levels. Lets see who unlock the real hidden quests and mysteries first (hopefully thats where DEV power is going right now, hence the dozen band-aids).

helm, Fister Magee and Greyfox like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Another option is to decrease the size of the exp pool to never be more than the greatest needed value. That way gustballing would take about one second and would be a huge inconvenience compared to just gain skills by using them.

15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I would love to see the pool become a thing of the past.. I hate that is was introduced, and I learned the system in place, and now I'm apparently upsetting others that think its a cheat :D I don't know the solution, but apparently removing the xp that the gustball uses would be a great start for some! lol! Use-based skill system.. not quite, but close. I should not have to deal with an xp pool. But it is what it is, for now.

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Agree completely. The exp pool is supposed to protect against people leveling passive skills and skills that don't need an opponent. So that is good. I guess you could say that skills don't level period unless you are in hostile combat. But determining what qualifies as combat is another challenge. It is not an easy problem to solve. Maybe the best solution is to change the problem rather than solve it. Just let people apply experience manually to the skills they want.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If I gustball in the woods, and noone is around to see.... than am I truly gustballing?

18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

is that a gustball in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

why not both?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

If a gustball is gusted by wind in a forest with noone around... will it make noise ? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.