1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Making Bundles Bigger!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@DarkStarr Will there be a "Magic Mover Slot Upgrade" available in the Add-On Store/Crown Merchant, or a way to purchase these for in-game gold?

Edit: Yes, per the Magic Mover article:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

So we all know pledges were expired. And following their expiration tax-free lots were sold in the store as part of bundles. That's fine, it was a good financial decision and probably an important one to keep funding the game, so cool. Now you get tax-free bundles for POTs instead of tax-free pledges that go anywhere.

But Magic Movers was promised to players with pledges, it was in the schedule, it seems funny to me that just because the magic movers implementation was delayed past persistence, that people who were funding the game for years before persistence do not get the increased number of magic mover slots.

Ultimately, I doubt that the majority of players will utilize all of their slots - but I still think if you're going to add these to bundles retroactively once magic movers are implemented, you could have a similar implementation for pledges.

Though you can perhaps be slightly less generous with the existing bundles and still allow players to purchase more. I would personally have gone with Accounts get 5 slots default (already generous, and thank-you) and then +1 at village +2 at town +3 at city +4 at Keep and +5 at Castle... or whatever formula you used for tax-free expiration of people's lot deeds in terms of additional months.

If you're going to be giving a retroactive thank-you to those who have funded the game with bundles, a retro-active thank-you to those who funded the game with pledges wouldn't be an awful thing.

Especially since I just can't see most players even utilizing the full number of slots - POT owners probably are going to be using these the most, not large pledges. I'm not going to get bent out of shape on it - but I still think granting them to pledges is the right thing to do.

Unfortunately for me, I bought my bundles on separate accounts as there were no magic mover slots at the time in those bundles (and I would be one wanting to take advantage of the extra slots).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We will consider adding the magic mover slots to pledges. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I'd still love to see a LOTM Cloak... seems strange being limited to wearing a Duke Cloak. Maybe something in a rich purple with Ermine white trim?

5. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

This is appreciated!!

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Good Lord... I'm going to have 20+ Magic Mover Slots. <blink>

Thank you, and appreciated. :)

7. Zorro

Zorro Avatar

Why do you want a Lord British Cloak??? DarkStarr stuff is much better.

8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Who said anything about a Lord British Cloak? We have a Knight Cloak, Lord Cloak, Baron Cloak, Duke Cloak - but no cloak for the Lord of the Manor Pledge.

And you are right... the Darkstarr cloak is good - though the blood-red Darkstarr cloak is better. *grins*

9. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

If you upgrade a Town size bundle to a City size bundle will you still retain all the houses including the town size house if you already have them for the appropriate bundle? The Telethon is tomorrow... I might be interested in spending $1600 to upgrade.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  10. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Yes, but you would need to upgrade one of your homes to the city size house. When you buy the bundle, it will flag your deed and home for upgrade. After claiming the bundle in game, you can right click the deed or house and choose to upgrade it. This effectively removes the upgraded deed or home and replaces it with the city bundle version.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  11. Zorro

Zorro Avatar

you must forgive me, no coffee and glasses left in my car and lack of sleep. I misread LOTM cloak.

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I really think that needs to happen as it was a feature talked about during the KS and pledge era. As for equitable quantities at each pledge level - good luck! I'll make no comment on that. ;)

13. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Coffee deficiencies... of that I am well aware. *grins*

14. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

That would be great. Would be nice to know early supporters before persistence are just as important to the game development if not more important in while it was in it's most critical developmental stage versus newcomers getting all the goodies and us older backers getting left out.

If not, then us pledge backers should get something unique that bundle owners do not get, to keep things balanced and everyone happy that is and I know Portalarium is all about balance and fairness to afterall :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sorry but can't agree with this statement. Pledges are over done with IMO we are not owed anything and received our just rewards pledging has ended . I sorry I just see the constant arguing to get "more" from something that has ended.

16. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Your opinion is noted ;)

Solazur and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  17. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I should probably clarify, the developers don't "owe" us anything, however as everyone else stated before, much was talked about well before persistence/pledge expiration so why should people who pledged versus buying the bundles be penalized and not reap some of the same benefits that were talked about well before bundles were even a glimpse of the future?

Either way, I believe that part of the question was answered by Darkstarr when he stated he would "consider" it.

18. Debbie Downer

Debbie Downer Avatar

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but.... I recently purchased the Elven Village Home bundle and realized either a misprint in the description of items I was to receive or I received the wrong item. Listed as a new item in the original post is "Potted Juniper Tree 3-Pack" however, this was already in the original bundle. So, I received 6 of these.

The description in the bundle store is that I was supposed to receive "Potted Juniper Topiary Tree 3-Pack" instead as a new item. I received none of these. Is there a mix-up where we are receiving double of the regular potted juniper trees and not the topiary ones at all?

19. Selene

Selene Avatar

Not all the new bundle items have been added into game yet. If you don't see them by friday of R40, I'd contact support@portalarium.com :)

20. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Have you considered this yet and made a decision?

Senash Kasigal, majoria70 and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.