Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Move speed change is still bad

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

If it was a PING case, only Dash and FF would have been nerfed. Because both of those still offer bonus that Sprint and BS used to offer before the change when those last one doesn't offer anything worth anymore.
    Now I know why you said that my post didn't make any sense. You just don't understand anything here.

TheGrinch likes this.
  2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

If you chose sprint, you can stack it and it lasts much longer. That is what its for. Dash and fleet flute are for burst and dont last as long... its supposed to be like that. You are comparing apples and oranges....

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm not posting to solve Chris's 'PING', I'm trying to be constructive in offering suggestions for the consequences of these technical changes on builds relying on speed. When you say 'any of it' any of what? The 'PING' or the stuff i'm posting about?

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Did you already played this game ?

Dash duration is already half of Sprint duration (more with specialization) and its cost is 5 focus. It's not a big deal to spam charge it while in combat. In reality, I don't see anyone using Dash as a burst. I only see people with best speed bonus than others.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, I can't fault you for that. If its not fun, why play. For me there are larger issues that suck the fun out (like the decay system turning the game into a job to maintain status quo and discouraging any sort of exploration or challenging anything due to too high grind cost) - but there's enough other fun to be had that I'm sticking it out.

I'm sorry you think that this movement thing is the dealbreaker for you, honestly I think it is something that sucks but could be adapted to. I see you say here many times that "heavy armor has it so much better" so if that's what you truly believe then why not put on heavy armor and give it a go? I mean, when I see thing a is better than thing b, I choose thing a, rather than choosing neither and walking away from the game entirely. I mean...crap, buy a fleet flute if you think that this would make you more effective - this is a problem that has a solution. I get not wanting to compromise your style in order to be as effective, but the result of that is...you aren't as effective.

Some people min-max - all function, no aesthetic, no style - just the best killing machine they can be.
    Other people just play the kind of character they like and if that means they struggle more who cares, they are having fun. If that means they can't solo the things the minmaxers solo, well, that's okay, they're playing the character they like.

Most of us fall somewhere in between, where we'll make some compromises toward effectiveness but still retain our character's identity. I don't think any game is going to offer a 'perfect' character that is exactly what I enjoy playing that is also the most effective class/build/etc.

At the end of the day though, yeah - if your general feeling is it isn't fun, and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back, I get it. We'll miss you. But it seems ....reactive, to throw in the towel over something that is screwing everyone over (equally, or not equally, but everyone is screwed to some extent) rather than find an alternative solution in game. But I guess if you're fed up ,you're fed up.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

everyone can use fleet flute
    everyone (who doesnt cast) can use berserker stance
    if you wear light armor chest, you can sprint and increase your base movement speed with swiftness
    if you have low enough fizzle, you can dash.
    This is a sandbox. Chose your skills wisely, they all have their shortcomings and drawbacks. Some last 30s, some last 1min, some can last 1m42s...... what will you chose?!?!

Steevodeevo likes this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The problem is wider than just the speed nerf in my mind. I was waiting for some changes in this game, especially about balance. Changes that never came. And on top of this, the speed nerf just showed me that a decision that goes against any common sense can be throwed into the game without any warning. With such a politic, Portalarium lost my trust. Now I think that they are going to fail, so it's time for me to stop make my wallet bleeding for a lost cause. Sorry to say that, but it's my opinion.

bloodydragon, TheGrinch and kaeshiva like this.
  8. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

All speed movement bonus have been cut by half BUT people with Dash and Fleet flute are still able to perform +4/+5 bonus and more when every other will hardly reach the +2.5. So, if +4/+5 bonus are not a balance/technical issue, why some can perform that and the other are suddenly only able to reach the half of it ? The viability of one build is relative to that of the others. Dash and Fleet flute were the big issue, and everyone have to pay for it ?

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You are comparing Sprint.... a light armor skill that has passives..... to Dash, a air tree spell that can fizzle that uses attunement..... apples and oranges....
    Stop doing that.... If you want to argue that the light armor tree needs some help.... take into consideration the enchantements and masterworks that come with the gear (light armor, as opposed to heavy). Its not just about the skill tree, its more than just that.

kaeshiva and Steevodeevo like this.
  10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm comparing skills that I used for a very long time. I stopped to use Dash because I wanted to have my own build without magic. And I can tell you that, it's a handicap rather than anything else.

Dash for light armor wearer at high level is 0% fizzle, even when moving, plain and simple. Some could argue that when you are moving, you get a +20% on Dash at low level. Not a great deal, you just stop when casting for 1/2 sec. It means that Sprint (which is a light armor skill) has no interest as soon as you have the fleet flute > Balance issue between two different light armor builds which have the same passives. And as you are limited with two ms bonus, it means that if you use Sprint with Berserker Stance, you don't use Dash.

And if only it was the only issue we had there... But instead of reading the posts and my demonstrations, you are here talking about apples and oranges.

I know another person who once talked about apples and oranges on this precise topic, by the way...

11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

the changes have absolutly no effect on "builds relying on speed", kiters can still kite... people just need to get used to the new speed limits

12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

omfg.... now you are comparing SPRINT to a god damn artifact......
    stop doing that...
    If you want to SACRIFICE your intrument slot for the fleet flute, that is your CHOICE. You can still sprint if you want a longer buff..... that what sprint is for. Its not completly useless now, its just halved in combat..... just like fleet flute.....

13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You're just making peremptory statements. And no. Thank you

TheGrinch likes this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Have to agree here. You need to prioritise and use what's available to achieve your own balance of effectiveness - speed/mobility vs. defense vs. armor material bonuses vs. utility skills, and so on.

So the move speed buffs were halved. It sucks.

I still stand by that it sucks equally for everyone, as we all have the option to use all the same skills to adjust. If anything, heavy armor users have fewer options for speed and none of their options are exclusive - light armor wearer can arguably cast dash easier, gets less penalty from berserk (since they have less resist to lose and lower fizzle to begin with), gets same bonus from flute, but also still get passive movement bonus effects from swiftness and have sprint. Lot more choices there. A heavy armor melee user can just get used to being slow and being shot in the face on approach and then spend half their time chasing crap around. But then, their defense is higher, which is great for taking more hits but doesn't do anything to help with the chasing things around or annoyance of getting dragged into combat when you have no intention of fighting. At least you can, as an archer, do damage to things while you are running after (or they are running toward) you. If anything this change makes archery more appealing now, at least from the perspective of 'getting things dead to make xp'. If you disagree, and think other classes have it so much better/easier - you have option to play those classes .Don't even need to reroll.

StarLord likes this.
  15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

OMFG the artifact gives the same type of bonus as the skill !!!!

[​IMG]

16. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Note that with the "global" 50% penalty to speed buff while in combat, those special masterworks for light armour, don't think there are any for enchantment (could be wrong) are also affected. Yes so is the heavy one movement rate one, but it is already very small and not a very viable. It is the Sprint power and duration that is more significant and this too has been hit by the global slow down.

There is no light armour material that give speed buff that i know of.

I play light armour because i like mobility and basically for flurry (take flurry out of the light armour tree and there is nothing worthwhile), but i know heavy armour is better in all aspects (use heavy on my alt), even after the damage resistance limit.

Regards
    Spung

kaeshiva and Hornpipe like this.
  17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

If anyone is going to complain, it should be a pure air mage.... with ~230 attunement..... all those millions of exp.....

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Unfortunately, a sensible part of this attunement is not due to experience.

19. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

thats not what I meant.... sorry about the enchant/masterwork comment, i used the wrong words
    what I meant was, you chose leather? you can get melee/ranged crit... or melee/range weapon damage
    you chose cloth? you can go focus... spell crit....

20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thank you for the explanation, it is actually hard to get what you mean, from the very start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.