Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Move speed change is still bad

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

People are not upset that balancing happens, the lack of alternatives does upset people.
    If you remove one thing a armor class depends on then you need to offer alternative ways to compensate.

I never was "godlike" while kiting, I was able to kite an boss mob (not solo it, damage it big ways, kite it only) to take heat of the tank, now i pray that i do not draw aggro.
    Balance is not chopping of one side of the equation and all is good, you need to look what are the results and improve other things that help in bringing out the desired changes.

I can still kite bears yes, but wolfes no, so any place where booth are present are barred to me playing solo.

That p^^^ me off.

The speed nerf in itself not, the just chopping of something without giving me alternatives to work with.

TheGrinch and Hornpipe like this.
  2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

wrong, its most from specialization and skill tree lvls.... you can only get max ~86 attunement from gear

3. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

86 is not a sensible part of 230 ?? It's already something like 90% of my attunment in air while, even it's not my specialization, Air is the magic school I trained the most. I would have 180 with it.

[​IMG]

Seriously, I doubt that you are a fruit seller. I think that you are a humorist !

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    TheGrinch likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If you make comments specifically directed at someone, don't complain when they respond and accuse them of not letting go when they're only replying to your own comments to them. I didn't respond FOR Chris, I responded to your comment to me that devs don't pay attention.

As for the rest..

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

No, its end game stuff.... show me how many air mages you know that has gear that gives +86 attunement. We are talking warlock chain with air ring and 2 sick wands....
    So what im saying is, if someone is gonna complain, its gonna be an air mage that literally spent hundred of thousands of gold to get the gear and millions of exp to get the attunment. Your little gifs wont change that

hammadowna likes this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I love my crossbow and use it way more then a long bow. They were really good before the crit nerfs. They hit harder and have much better range. With flurry and imbued speed string they charge fast too. Please don't break them.

Tila Tenderfoot and Hornpipe like this.
  7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

And still, 86 is a sensible part of their attunement.

You chained contradictions and mistakes in each of your posts (getting attunement with equipement, dash not being a burst, mast. & enchants cut by half, and so on...). I don't even feel the need to explain to you how economy and artifacts work in SotA.

I much prefer the gifs.

[​IMG]

8. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

You seem to care quite a bit!

9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

You're doing what's best for the game, the community, and all of us. We appreciate what you do, @Chris.

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Actually yes, about the game itself, not about the answers I get from the other guy. I still have to decide if and when I will sell all my assets and believe me, that won't be an easy task for me. o_O

11. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Every release gets this game more and more where it needs to be. Have some faith in @Chris and understand that this is what's best for the game. You have to be more selfless for the good of everyone.

12. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I would hate to see you or any player leave. From reading your posts on lots of issues I can tell you are a passionate player. You certainly seem to approach the game as a min/maxer. You test things work out the math in your head and to help you theory craft how you build your character. I know for me when I was like that in other games because of my competitive nature, I found myself either unhappy with gaming or unsatistfied in it. Now I try to go back to how I was as a kid and enjoy things as they are. Playing with friends while talking with them on discord. My main gripe with SotA is there is no meaning full group content in SotA when I can fight and beat most bosses, sieges, or control points solo that takes away one of the main reasons I enjoy mmo's.

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Locking thread. It would help to have content to the subject to prevent personal attacks and arguments in multiple directions, which is what occurred here in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.