New Chaos Spell concept

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Amber Raine, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I love the concept of this spell. I've been mulling it over and I found it to resonate with the mischievous imp inside me.

Yes, troll can abuse, misuse and be disruptive. But they would do that anyway. And trolls (hopefully I won't get struck by lightning) are part of the mix too.

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Malak

I hear your plight in this. However, as is the case with just about any functionality in a game, there are always those that will find the loops in nearly anything presented and try to find the best use to make it absolutely miserable. Consider the fact that I had written what redfish had stated "6% Amber Raine dies anywhere she is in New Britannia". This could very well keep my entire existence in New Britannia quite hectic (more fun right?) . Aye, tis true that part would not ever make it into game, but I would accept said challange for the fun of the chaos it would bring with it.... "Amber is giving her sermon and drops dead". I find humour in this.

Granted again, against other players this could only be used in PvP. In PvE it could be used but then so could other spells. I am afraid I hear your plight and discomfort in all the things presented, the crystal sword and the spell. Yet, I do not see them being any more troublesome then I see every other possible way this same said group of people could cause mischief.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  3. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Whereas I've compiled a short list of things that just automatically go wrong, seemingly without help, and instant win items is near the top of the list. I'm glad you can understand my... plight... (although I suspect you are somewhat overstating matters), but the simple fact is that for my part, I will never support the inclusion of such foolishness. So we aren't going to agree here.

More to the point though, as I pointed out to someone wondering why things weren't working properly in the hospital, you can put forward all the pretty words you like, you can write up clever plans, you can implement shiny new policies.... but you cannot fool reality. Put things together wrong, and no matter how much song and dance you put on it, it won't work. If I'm right, and you are wrong, these items will cause a limited form of havoc. I say limited only in the hopes that they all get used up relatively soon. If we put in an effect such as your proposed spell, that gives random access to the effect to every single player who wants it, I expect SotA PvP to turn into a special version of Halo vs I used to play with my buddies. I cannot say the name we used for it, since it would violate two or three of the forum rules, but the scenario is easy enough to understand. Set weapon and ammo find to high, use the round sealed room map, set free for all, and disable every single gun except rocket launchers. Lots of fun, zero sense. And no other way it could go.

Amberraine likes this.
  4. Amber Raine

Malak (still reminds me of a name I knew once upon a time)

I, perhaps more so then several, know this far to well. Been fighting similar for just over 5 years now. I know only too well the song and dance routine that does not work no matter how they try to perform it.

I also agree that it is completely out there.. look at the rest of the chaos tree. I agree with you, and yet it fits. it is Chaos.

Fair enough, and that is why i welcome peoples thoughts, feelings, and opinions. If we all agreed on everything all the time. Nothing would change and growth would halt. So thank you, for not agreeing and for giving your negative views toward this. They are in fact appreciated

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  5. Amber Raine

It has been nearly a month. New release heading our way and a crowd of people anxious to see what might be happening. I thought I might revisit this conceptual spell.

I know that we have been informed that chaos magick would not be brought forth until the early part of 2015. Sad Panda time! However, this also gives more room to grow and give ideas. So my healing spell, still remains upon the table.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I like it, what if we could add more to this, such as adding in your reputation? Say that the more virtuous you are the more of a chance to proc a virtuous spell, and the more anti virtuous you are the more chance you have to proc an anti virtuous spell?

Time Lord, KuBaTRiZeS and Amber Raine like this.
  7. Amber Raine

I like - a lot. I would however, be doomed ~laughs~ I do like having our reputations play a part in this however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.