New Chaos Spell concept

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Amber Raine, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

As a High Priestess of Chaos - I am indeed going to be taking "healing" spells, therefore the Life Tree as well as the Chaos Tree are going to be my focuses (interesting combination right? *will* be fun and entertaining!). However, in saying this, I was talking with a few other people and came up with a great spell that would definitely work! Consider this...

Power of Chaos - Chaotic Heal - Full Heal, Instant Kill, Or Backfire - Oh crap I'm dead!

As this would be a very powerful spell it would also come with a very high cost!

This spell would require 50% or above focus and would completely drain the focus pool and could be targeted upon a friendly or an enemy.

The effects would be distributed as such:

40% chance you completely heal your target, 40% chance Instantly kill the target, 20% chance caster is dead.

I believe this not only entertains the chaos tree and adds another heal spell for healers to be able to use, This also has a level of entertainment for the player(s) on both ends, caster and target. Entertainment does not always need to be positive.

Thoughts?

2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

So this would be a combo?

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I think "Oh Crap I'm Dead" is a excellent idea for a ability/spell.

4. Amber Raine

That it could actually be, had not thought that, as I was simply thinking these were going to be the trees I was going to be taking. Yet, it makes even more sense being done as such! Not to mention more reason for a healer type avatar to feel the "Power Of Chaos".

I am uncertain what 2 single spells it would need to combine. It would only need the addition of 1 chaos spell and then combine with any other healing spell possibly in the healing tree to give this ability.

Although that opens a new concept - Same Chaos spell + the Water Spell - healing rain = Chaotic Healing Raines

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

38% chance you completely heal your target, 38% chance Instantly kill the target, 18% chance caster is dead, 6% that Amber Raine is instantly killed, wherever she may be in New Britannia.

6. Net

Net Avatar

1) I think that such spell should not use much focus, perhaps 25%
    2) It should be instant heal (or kill)... it is the only way how to make it better than normal healing spells.
    3) I think that it should be usable on dead targets for resurrection.
    4) As for the percentage I would make it much more complex and unpredictable
    10% Heal the target (even dead) with nice HoT
    10% Heal the target (even dead)
    10% Heal the target
    10% Heal the target (even dead) with DoT
    10% Give the target HoT
    10% Give the target DoT
    10% Leave the target with 1 point of health
    10% Instantly kill the target
    4% Heal the caster
    4% Give the caster HoT
    4% Give the caster DoT
    4% Leave the caster with 1 point of health
    4% Kill the caster

Maybe there could be quite large chance that nothing happens or something else happens, like you heal the target but also summon hostile creature...
    I hope that chaos magic will be largely unpredictable and maybe with small chance 1%? 0.1%? that happens something strange what no one knew that can happen.

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

This Power of Chaos spell is an intriguing concept o_O, although you might need to tweak the percentages a bit...Also, completing draining your focus pool would leave you completely defenseless for quite some time (unless you happen to have a good supply of focus potions on hand), not a good thing if you're surrounded by champions of Virtue :eek: (Maybe something like 75% focus drain would work better ;))

Amberraine and Gaelis like this.
  8. Amber Raine

I would have to disagree, this spell would have to be very expensive due to the power of it. I only added the 3 options for it to do as it would be able to be combined with the other heals already in game without needing much more programming then the 1 chaos spell that can be combined with the other spells already present.

may i say - i LOVE this :p I accept *that* challenge :D

This would be an AoE like the healing rains is, perhaps the raine can be red/purple? Just a thought

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

This combo would give 30% chance healing rain, 30% chance black death raining upon you, 40% chance rains cats and dogs who become temporary battle pets...

Amberraine and Net like this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

Hmm, maybe if the spell replenished not only health but also focus of the target, it could work... Or it should use random amount of focus, maybe sometime replenish some of your or target's focus... I like the idea of it using random amount of focus. Maybe the more focus you have the more likely it is to heal your target and not to backfire, when you are low on focus, it is more likely to not work properly and backfire in one way or another.

Amberraine likes this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

It is not that powerful... I can heal myself with 3 Healing Rays or 6 Healing touches, it may take some time but it costs me quarter or third of focus without a chance to backfire... And I can use healing touches on the run so I can avoid powerful melee attacks when I heal myself or my target... though I can use healing rays from safe distance.

12. Amber Raine

The idea here is that the caster would not be in battle, there fore would not need to worry about being "defenseless" - and would be a last attempt spell.

Usually healers are kept at a distance from the actual battle, they would be running out of focus from other heals, yes. That is why this 1 shot to full heal from near death costs such a great amount. It is not just a "you have a little boo boo" it is a "oh crickey now what? Cross your fingers, I may have to kill you with this!"

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think it's a reasonable idea. Sounds fun. I'm not sure how it balances out in the game. I'd have to really think about it, and the game is going to change so much over the next year it's hard to talk about that part of it. But the concept is cool.

I didn't see a reagent (or group of reagents required for it). :)

Net likes this.
  14. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

But you mention targeting an enemy, which implies being in battle (although you may be hiding to avoid detection). Assuming the spell succeeds and you kill your foe, what about his allies?

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

A thought..

It would be interesting if certain items could give you luck, and then enhance your chances as either the caster or the target of a chaotic magic spell.

16. Amber Raine

hahaha give Mr Black Death @oneandonly a purpose for his infectious disease!

I do not know about the raining cats and dogs, it would be hilarious seeing some type of critter rain from the sky and attack *Everything* in site .

17. Amber Raine

having an enemy target means those that you are up against. As a healer, your job is to heal the party, therefore the enemy would be that which your comrades are fighting.

Well just like any spell that targets a single target, you still have to deal with any other allies as you normally would. Except perhaps in the case of the Chaotic Healing Rains - Aoe

Balance - just like any chaos spell, its twisted and unique with the chance to kill you or your target instantly. As like any healing spell, it has the chance to heal your target instantly, yes it is costing so much because of the fact that you could be knocking on heavens door and be brought back from the gates of hell instantly. This is why i put cost so expensively, a lot of balance in the cost to cast such a powerful spell.

That is why now is a great time to bring these ideas up. The more ideas we can Put on the table now, the more that may come out in the future.

Knew I had forgotten something - Would most certainly need reagents ~facepalms~ See how easily things are forgotten when we have not had to use them up until recently.

- you would require Tears of the Avatar in order to cast it. After all, tears of the Avatar are what DarkStarr feeds on.
    (perhaps - killing sheep would create a Tear of DarkStarr - this then would be used in place of "Tears of the Avatar" - perhaps could be dependent on which one you chose)

18. redfish

redfish Avatar

Or, Chaos tears, which are tears of Amber Raine in particular.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I love that idea.

I'm not sure I want them as common as simple sheep, but the spirit behind the thought is outstanding.

Net likes this.
  20. Amber Raine

Hehe the sheep was used in this because well, we all know the history of what happened when DarkStarr first saw dead sheep , and exactly why my head was almost removed in this past release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.