Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helomech

helomech Avatar

Well, I've read pretty much all I can handle. I stated that I didn't like the change and was quickly chastised and attacked by 1 or more of you that do like it. I've read, that those of us that don't like it are cheap, and that we must accept it as it is because it's an unfinished game. I read that I need to adjust by completely rebuilding my character. And the snarky comments just keep coming.
    For those of you that like the change and want to roll with it. Great. I'm not one of them. If you're so blind to see that people are jumping ship, that's on you.
    I'm done, at least for a while until the "crying", which is what many of you call it, makes a difference. This game is funded by us and our wishes as a community should hold some water. I'm not good with... well, that's just the way it is, adjust. It seriously blows. And if it doesn't blow for you, great. Then why say anything at all......

Prime2, Grumpy, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  2. Almar

Almar Avatar

Thanks for your 'helpful' reply Eddy. I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't need food buffs for basic grind, that should be for bigger stuff. I have my own food/buffs that I make thanks and I do use it whenever I feel it's appropriate.

I'm giving an opinion, feedback on how I feel about a basic change to how the game functions. That's what the forums are for.

Matt Harris, FrostII and helomech like this.
  3. Calusari

Calusari Avatar

This is just sad. /sad

I spend more time casting buffs, regenerate etc then actualy do some fighting...

If nerf is to force ppl use potions, then atleast give us new spell bar for it. Allready having problems to manage all my locked slots for spells...

Aetheric feedback is just work only out of combat:(

Pls dont make this game Age of Potions, Age of Combat On Off

Currently if u solo gameplay is like: fight for 3min>>out of mana>>out off buffs>>run to safe place>>combat off>>regenerate mana hp rebuff 2min>>go back to fight. And so on this is not funny and definately no Ultima Online style:(((((

:C

Matt Harris, Grumpy, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  4. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Aetheric feedback only offers the regen out of combat, but can only be cast in combat... . . is this a bug?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't know if it's a bug but it certainly is ironic.

Net likes this.
  6. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

i dont use food, i dont use potions, i dont use aetheric feedback and i am not experiencing the same issue when "grinding" although in pvp, i go all out. maybe you need to rethink your build, like i said, if you WANT downtime, you can have it, but you dont need to, there are many ways to alleviate the problem, many have been already listed in this thread

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    MrBlight likes this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

I do not know about you, but I just cannot use potions, I have hard time paying for reagents as it is, I do not kill anything in just few hits and the potions are simply more expensive than is the worth of loot of anything I kill.

I use up 200-300 focus points to kill Elder Wolf and even more to kill Obsidian Wolf, and the potions are not that helpful and certainly I cannot buy 4 potions for wolf head and some hides. Not to mention how cumbersome is the use of potions.

8. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I am Air-Archer. On deck: 5/5 Rapid fire, 5/5 Lightning, 5/5 chained lightning. I go through The Rise killing 12 yellow elves before running out of focus. This is a large group which follow you all through the hallway, so there is no time to sheathe weapon and regenerate. I don't have any issues on focus gain, just having wolf surprise buffed all the time.

9. Almar

Almar Avatar

Okay, so say I do as you suggest, invest a lot more time to restructure how I play. Right now I'm all plate and blades, so that right out is a complete revamp. Next I end up being pushed down a cookie cutter route so I end up with a build just like all the other players, similarly, pushed down the same route. Soon crafters will have to make only items that suit this specific build, the game gets stale fast, people leave.

In fact new players, who can't afford the crafted gear or buffs, HAVE to go through the grind/wait sequence until they can afford to buy or make their own solutions. Most won't bother and will go elsewhere for a game that entertains them.

What's the point in devs spending time making a diversity of options for us as players to individualise if most of them are useless in the world they have created for us to use them in?

We lose character diversity and we gain WoW style cookie cutter formats.

I was in a semi hardcore raiding guild in WoW, the game seemed based around forcing you to change your spec each patch/expansion to be competitive. Soon all your main focus was on your spec for two evenings a week of raiding. Basically the fun was diminished and the grind increased. I hated that eventually, so I quit.

I'd like SotA to be better than that thanks.

I expect more.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Gamician, Aldo, helomech and 3 others like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

People have come and gone and come back again and that will continue through development of this game and after. This is not about you. No one said they like going through this but it has to be done that's why the development team let us be here at all to provide the feedback and test the system's not to give them grief while they are developing this game but that doesn't seem possible. Over and over people freak out instead of just providing the necessary feedback there are threats and abuse over and over so just sayin. Development is a tough place to be, we are the Guinea pigs. Oink oink. I've been here going on 4 years, I am sometimes dizzy from the ride but I'm going no where;)

Lord Ravnos and Barugon like this.
  11. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

So what are the ways to alleviate the problem? I've read the whole thread, these are the answers I see:

- use food
    - stack glyphs
    - change your build/playstyle (to what is not explained)
    - use normal attacks
    - it's meant to be this way, we need to get used to it

According to your posts, you're pure mage level 85, you're pulling ferocious reds 7-8 per pull. What are you doing exactly? Are you just AoE kiting them?

I'm level 81, I'm stacking glyphs and using food all the time. My focus pool is 515 unbuffed. I am at half my pool or below after every fight of a couple mobs. It then takes me at least 30 seconds out of combat to refill my pool. I've always used some normal attacks to let my focus pool regenerate, but it's not regenerating anymore. Well it is, at 2.5 focus per tick. If my focus pool is at 50%, that's 100 seconds now for it to refill in combat. I use max pull attacks (I'm an archer) because auto attack uses too many arrows and only does 7-12 dmg per arrow.

Also, is that your whole "grind," just ferocious reds in the same spots all the time? I couldn't do that, I need variety. And I understand why you wouldn't really be affected if you're AoE kiting them and then waiting for them to respawn, and that's basically all you do in adventure zones.

Barugon, helomech, Net and 2 others like this.
  12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

From what I've seen the people who don't mind the changes are the ones "pulling massive groups" or the ones farming in the Rise. Basically its all the high level players who barely get hurt and have 50+ GM skills (or near enough). The people who don't like the changes are the ones who are not that high yet and struggling to actually get into the higher group.

Gamician, Barugon, Net and 2 others like this.
  13. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

pure archer in leather.

slots 1-4 are in unlocked

1 2 are both aimed shot gm

3 is disabling shot

4 is rapid fire gm

5 (locked) dex buff

ranged combat(gm), eagle eye(90s), draw strength(90s) , dex(gm), armor weak points(gm) are importand to train.

I use 95% of the time auto attack becase 24 arrows cost 2 gold... and it saves my finger joints and limited brain power...

adv lvl 89

I run into some focus isssues if I am doing more challenging content (things that shoot back) but mostly I am ok if I just take my time and I don't spam my skills to kill as fast as possible. I use wolf surprise and toggle z in and out of combat as I am running around to get a few extra focus per tick.

combat feels good most of the time as long as I am doing something I can handle vs pushing myself/avatar.

14. Numa

Numa Avatar

Don't give up your heavy armor and blades. Pickup archery and wear them down before wading into the mobs with a sword. Arrow fire combines nicely with fire fist and other low fizzle spells. Even heavily armored samurai warriors were trained in archery and used them when necessary.

[​IMG]

15. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Where do they drop? I did not get a single one AFAIR (neither potion nor recipe). Fighting kobolds, thugs and hardened skeletons in tier 5.
    As a side note: I also did not get a single Coto drop in R37 and R38 (maybe R36 too) but I had got around 10 before.

16. Almar

Almar Avatar

hah! You've read my mind, currently working up my ranged skills, around 60-70ish in most of them at the moment

Numa likes this.
  17. Arpanet

Arpanet Avatar

focus regen it's ok
    use potions and foods

18. Filter Bubble Algorithm

95% of my damage is flame arrow damage over time and corpse explosion, so most of the time im waiting anyways, rest is ice field and ring of fire when I pull too many, i dont kill stuff fast, im not a glass canon mage like in most games that unloads their focus and then meditates for a few mins, that is why i never run out of focus, pure kiting DoT mage, all I need is 1 corpse, my focus is 666 :D but my innate to reduce glyph cost (Inner Calm) is at ~75, everyone needs this innate ability.

if you want to play the style that destroys super fast, expect to have downtime, if you dont like it, potion up and buy some food from the crafters, they arent there for decoration

and no, i dont just kill ferocious reds, if you read, you would know that I usualy go around exploring and know quite a few nice spots from all the walking around that I will not disclose, depending on what i need for my cooking, i usually farm spiders when I dont need any other mats for example but I really like going to new zones and looking around, when I want to just get exp (usualy when my friends are logged on), we go to deep ravenswood and do Obsidian bears and then run to the wolves den, by the time I get there, im full focus, then after killing them, I run to the F.reds, by the time I get there, im full focus, then after them, i run back to the bears, just remember to sheath your weapons between them, you will regen faster, but there are some better zones, sometimes, i like to kill humanoids :D , the adventure awaits you

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Stundorn likes this.
  19. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Heightened Awareness Increases your maximum focus

Inner Calm Decreases the focus cost of all glyphs

should be all you need, its not much, and if you refuse to dive into the focus tree and play melee in plate,... well sorry but the focus tree is for everyone, not just mage, you need some stuff in there, its not a big change to your build, just these 2 can make a huge difference

think about it, Inner Calm will save you focus everytime you click

Stundorn and Almar like this.
  20. Almar

Almar Avatar

Yep, raising both as I adventure - high 60s if I remember correctly. I still have the issues though. Maybe it will get better as I get more gains in those trees, I'm not as advanced as you, but it still means there are stop/start issues for newer players.

Numa and helomech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.