Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

The end of spells/skills spam fest. That's good, isnt it? :rolleyes:

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Dont know it, but why, afaik there are no diametral effects.

3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

It was definetly too much previous the latest patch, i agree :p
    However, it was fine in R36 & R37, you couldn't spam your stuff for too long there, otherwise you would run out of focus quite quickly, it seemed balanced, also for boss fights.

But now..... errr.... it's just wrong :p

helomech and Aldo like this.
  4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

I'm just curious in testing what "felt good". Like farming rabbits or what? Did they spend several hours farming a tier 5 zone? Did they see what happened in areas where things chain pull frequently and downtime between combat is low? How much downtime compared to active time did they experience? What, in their opinion, is "good"? Did they try any 'boss' level fights that can last several minutes? The comment:

"Dropping the focus regen in combat to 1/5th the non-combat regen. This is 1/3rd the current value on live. Tested this at level 40 and 80 with stats set to 40 and 80 with a magic build and melee build and this value felt good without food."

Seems extremely vague in defining what is considered to be "good" and why types of situations were used for testing.

5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Or maybe theese new Squirrels?

6. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Yup, just did more testing..... and it's absolutely awful. Spending about 4-5x as much time out of combat as in combat, and completely out of focus so fast that if I get adds at all in deep ravenswood I pretty much have to run away or die because i'll end up out of focus and unable to heal or finish off my first targets fast enough. I'm pretty much going into full crafter/gatherer mode until it's fixed I guess.

GrayFog likes this.
  7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

What's your ADV. Level and what are you fighting? I farm thugs in the Twins - green at my level 75.

Are you fighting 1 mob after another, or are you, like me, taking on multiple mobs at once? In DR for example you have to fight multiple mobs at once in most cases. - Depends on how fast they spawn depending on the camp.

Are the mobs you are fighting, green, yellor, orange or red? Green.

Are you Melee, Caster or Tamer etc.? Or a Mix of whatever? Blades Melee that uses Earth Magic.

I do not think it is fine, but I find ways to cope and adapt to keep going.

If the devs make the game unplayable and it does not succeed they only have themselves to blame.

helomech and GrayFog like this.
  8. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Thanks for explaining your playstyle/situation.
    I also find ways to cope and adapt to keep going, but it makes zero fun currently, imo.

9. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

I have never had a bad night in shroud until last night I had zero fun in a 2 man group and that never happens I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for my focus.

helomech, Gamician, Numa and 4 others like this.
  10. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

All my mage buddies are complaining and i feel bad about it, cause i'm still having fun in my plate gear with a twohander :(

Kara Brae likes this.
  11. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I literally had the most fun I've had in months fighting/hunting solo last night. ADV level high 60s, 90 ranged combat, 60-70 other ranged skills. So it sounds like it certain builds are getting hit way worse w/the focus regen nerf than others... also, how much/often do you have to heal yourself? I sneaking feeling that healing spells might be a big part of the problem here, unfortunately. (as in, they are draining your focus faster than other offensive and defensive abilities do) I don't know for sure though.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  12. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Sounds really exciting to me... someone should die in tough fights, hearts should pound... but that's my opinion. Also didn't they buff non-combat heals a lot to compensate a few patches ago? :-/ and before someone jumps on me about there being a line between impossible and difficult, I understand that the pendulum may have swung too far as it tends to do during alpha testing...

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  13. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Look mate.. there's exciting and just bloody plain boring as hell. If i have to take a nap after every pull.. that's not exciting. Just so i can make that clear :(

14. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Read the first post of this thread and then guess how often i actually have to heal on the wimps i usualy farm.
    I melt through the mobs you just won't believe it, even now after the focus nerf.
    But having to rest 1000 times (after every 3 to 5 super light green mobs) in one hunting session is no fun...

I rest almost more than i fight, and that's for sure not fun.

helomech and Kara Brae like this.
  15. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

this Latest Focus Change Literally kills PVp, Both fighters will spend their focus and be stood there asking each other how the wife and kids are while they wait for their Focus to regen.. And the tap soul nerf aswell? Just plain wrong :/

16. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

So huge drama, I like it, just god mode for mages was switched off :D:D:D

17. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Why do i complain then?

Melee, plate, sword/earth/shield and the other usual crap everyone has.

helomech likes this.
  18. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I dont know, I understand that probably many builds was nerfed with this(Some of them should(as pure mages) some of them should not(as melee)). But hope everybody will adapt.
    My tactics was not much. Just checked this in Rise, yeah speed is decreased a little, becouse I could not tank for a long time. But anyway I`m archer and prefer dps tanking. And for sure will have good(for me) EXP rate even with this focus regen.

Mining output nerf make me sad much more than this, but I`m not despond.

P.S. I`m sure that both those things are good for game. Also with this focus regen rate party grinding is more meaningful, easy and can give more exp than single player grind.

19. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yeah, as an Archer it is quite different :p

Nodes in 3rd Level Etceter Mines still spawn normally btw.

I don't think that both things are good for the game.
    I can see the "party grinding reasoning", but if i have to group up now for "grey" mobs in DR to have some hunting fun, something is definetly wrong :p

Sure, CPs give more XP in party, but that's pretty much the only thing you can do as an party for worthwile XP...

20. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Rise too. I made with my guildmate who 15 levels less than I almost same EXP which I can make solo. Rise is location where tactics really matters, so a bit of training need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.