1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's been a healthy market for a very long time. I probably made upwards of $10k between UO and DAoC just selling in-game items and currencies. Those were the days... /sigh :)

Jatvardur likes this.
  2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

You are correct here, they will not be able to farm at all on their land, and they can't have exterior decoration. the entire lot is used by the row house, and it can't be made an empty lot.

as far as not upgrading to a larger house, you'll still have space to farm in even with a knight's keep, there is still space. If you are a farmer at heart and want a tiny house with tons of plants then maybe that wont be the best upgrade for you unless you like the other rewards.

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

How will mounts be handled in regards to companions - provided the stretch goal is met? Will they walk besides the horse? Will they be left behind? Will they teleport to you once you dismount or will they get a mount too, if you have one?

royalsexy, Mishri and Frang Shepard like this.
  4. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

Only thing about mounts I didn't like on there posting was If you get hit once you get Knocked off, but If your just passing thru an Area or trying to escape an area, I don't think that should apply.

Getting knocked off I mean.

5. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

This is how it is in most games that have mounts. There are ways around it, if you're clever. The general idea, though, is that you shouldn't be able to just hop on your pony and prance through a meadow of epic raid-level dragons (or even ogres that are just slightly too strong for you to really fight) to get to your phat mining l00tz without a fight.

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

My Pony > Dragons

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

But a Knights keep on a town lot gives quite a bit of growing and decorative space :) The new Knights Marshall pledge is ideal for this, and with a new 3 story+roof house similar to the present Benefactors keep i think. If i was still at Knight this would be my reason to upgrade in an instant, it is a real worthwhile upgrade i think.

enderandrew and Mishri like this.
  8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I really don't get the fascination with this show among adult males.. (I tried watching it.. got though like 5 episodes before saying enough) but I still thought of this when you said that.

[​IMG]

rild and Kaisa like this.
  9. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

Yikes, that pic is SCARY, Mishri :eek:

10. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

lol, yikes!

11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Yeah, I can't say either way about lots sold with gold. That isn't inherently an interesting mechanic but it depends. In lineage2 some clan halls (but not castles) were sold with gold and this worked out OK initially because in order to be that rich as a guild, you had to be at the top of the contested raiding pyramid.

But regardless, it's was less interesting that conquering and / or growing.

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

when will the rewards be available?

Duke Gréagóir and Lonn Bimmer like this.
  13. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I just had a simple thought about stretch goals.
    Stretch goals can be the simplest of things as well and not necessarily complicated stuff.
    Here is a possibly bad example, but it still has some merit:

Dear citizens!
    The mighty generous Lord British has decreed that for every 100'000$ that our total funding is increased (from this day forward) a new cape is to be made by his skilled tailors.
    And as if that is not enough, everyone that is a backer when such a new cape is announced is granted one for their personal use.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can feel the tension of hundreds of people anxiously playing with their credit cards... browsers open to the pledge page and the add-on store obsessively hitting F5 over and over and over again. ;)

Lord Night Owl, Kaisa, Mishri and 5 others like this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Who me?

The One likes this.
  16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Cant wait for PvP too Broth !

17. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Wait...our new title won't be in gold if we upgrade to these new tiers? Is this an assumption or did I miss something? That doesn't make any sense if it's true.

Mishri likes this.
  18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It is an unknown at this point. As well as signed deeds for the new tiers and new plot sizes. I'm guessing it will be much more clear once the new pledge pages are live.

Mishri and ByTor like this.
  19. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That's a cool idea, but I really don't feel too fantastic about starting up with 40 capes + my pledge reward capes + all the other misc. stuff mucking up my inventory. Heavens, even without your idea, that inventory situation is going to be a mess when we first see it. :p

Swanman, Maka, Khloec and 2 others like this.
  20. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

No one has said we won't get the gold titles. The rewards in the OP are all for Benefactors. There is no mention one way or the other that anything additional will be given to Founders, but I'd imagine at the very least Founders will get different titles, like before. The old Founder rewards aren't going away, either, so we'll have the gold titles from existing tiers at the very least.

enderandrew, Mishri and ByTor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.