1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

What if your reward items live in a shopping cart on your account, and you can push the items to your character when you are ready for them?

Hazard, Khloec, Swanman and 6 others like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It could be different articles of clothing for each, not necessarily all capes. But I like the idea.

I'm assuming the rewards will not show in your inventory immediately, and instead require some interaction. While many games have a /claim command for these types of things, I'd prefer if you had to go retrieve the items from a banker or official of some sort. Make it seem more real, anyway.

Swanman, rild, Mishri and 1 other person like this.
  3. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

Personally, I think that the crafting stations should be
    Knight - 1
    Knight Marshal - 2
    Lord - 4

To me, the transition shouldn't be 1 then 1, then 4.
    To large of a jump from the knight marshal tier to the lord tier. and to non-existent of a jump from knight to knight marshal
    I would be happy to drop my comment in the Dev + forum. But, it's locked.
    So, yeah, glad to add my opinion.
    I WILL be Necroing any unlocked thread in the Dev+ forum.

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

As long as we can get our rewards as soon as we start the game that is cool.

Would be cool if we had to meet Lord British in game and then he gives them to you personally... but I suspect due to the story that wont happen right away(meeting him) so best not to do that. I'd like it for all add-on store/pledge stuff to work that way.

That way we could think, I gave RG money so he'd have his avatar give my avatar stuff :D

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It is actually 0, 0, 4.
    Lord is the first tier that gives crafting tables and it gives 4 of them. It will be the primary motivator for Benefactors who would upgrade from Knight Marshall to Lord.

FOUNDER's get a reward of a crafting table at Knight, and an addition 1 at Lord. Knight Marshal's will upgrade for the lot and other goodies, there is no reason to move more rewards from the Lord tier down to the Knight Marshal tier.

Mishri likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Anyone know when all of this goes live?

Isaiah likes this.
  7. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Sure there is a reason. Getting me to pledge more is the reason.

Adding a single crafting table takes away from the Lord tier in what manner? They get 4. Marshalls could have 2.

We dont have any row housing, and really the only current reason to upgrade is the LOT.

Which I still don't know if it is worth being in the ass bottom race for a town lot, or the top of the starting line for a village one.

So throwing out another crafting table as a bone is a good incentive to motivate me to pledge anything more.

Kaisa and Mishri like this.
  8. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

Could be like going before the Pope in a big opening ceramony, where he announces that "he" is giving you your rewards. and then they appear.
    So, if you wanted to be there, he is there talking and you get some of the feeling of him actually giving it to you.
    They could probably do a system message to the effect of, you've recieved items from Lord British, and maybe a message thanking you for your support.

9. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

I agree, I would upgrade from Knight to Knight Marshal if it meant another crafting station. (really you need 2 per craft)
    And, as for last pick, for town lot, you would still be before the deeds bought from the add-on store.
    You have hit around a interesting subject on the house. Namely, it's pretty much a taller version of the knight home. It takes next to no advantage of the town sized lot.

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That would be quite nice!

11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

PvP is coming after combat. Combat will be mostly implemented in R9. PvP in R11.

12. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

OK. Back to the Knight Marshal home.
    It's the same foot print as the Knight home only it's 3 stories instead of 2.
    There are already 3 story homes in the add-on store for village lots. In fact, you can't hardly look at a update recently without seeing a new version of one.
    So, 3 story village homes already exist.
    The new row homes will have a 4 story home.
    So, what makes a home one lot size or another?
    Foot print.
    If the foot print is small enough to fit on a smaller lot, like the village lot, then it is really a smaller lot home.
    So, essentially, with the knight marshall tier, you get a 3 story village foot print home, that will look almost exactly like the homes for the knight tier, and a town size lot deed, to place your village sized home on.
    No additional crafting stations.
    The first thing you would need to do, is buy a town footprint sized home, to take advantage of having a town lot.
    And as has already been mentioned, you select your lot at the same time knights do. So, you actually don't even get your own lot selection window. Lot placement options, will be better than the add-on store, but still not prime.
    So, worth a additional $400 over knight teir?
    Maybe, if they included a town sized home..... Maybe if it had a additional crafting station.
    And please, understand, I was really excited at the idea of a more affordable upgrade from knight, and even have money set aside to do it with.
    I wanted to love the option of upgrading.

Aldo likes this.
  13. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Looks like the new pledges are on the pledge page now. Also the stretch goal store seems to be partially up. Right now it only has the mount stretch goal stuff on it.

ByTor likes this.
  14. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

$400 over a knight tier to get a rent free town lot? yes. This house also has rooftop access, nothing in the add-on store has that. If you make the footprint bigger than the current knight's house the Lord home would be considered bad again. Although I'm sure there will be a number of people going for the knight's marshal house over the Lord home as it is. Just based off how many people were planning on using the knight home in their town lot, they liked the look better, and they liked having extra space around their home.

Isaiah, Khloec, ByTor and 2 others like this.
  15. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

The knight marshal also gets a two story town basement - twice the size of the original lord basement. IMO, the basement and the town deed are a steal at that price.

16. Deaths Demise

Deaths Demise Avatar

You can upgrade as of now.

* Envy / Midian * and Kaisa like this.
  17. herradam

herradam Avatar

First the Knight's home was too big for its lot and now its too small. Wow.

Mishri likes this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Doesn't look like the ability to buy a town is available yet :(

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Many Lords planned to use to the Knight home on their lot prior to this. The Knight Home with an extra story will be even better. It will already be as tall as the Lord Home which it's footprint is not a LOT larger.

The main incentive to upgrade to Lord was the lot size, it was $800 more than Knight, there was no "4 crafting stations." So what they have done is made the new Lord tier basically cost $400 less, and called it Knight Marshall with an upgraded Knight's home.

Because you can now upgrade from 600 sq ft to 1200 sq ft for $400 and the "lot increase" for Lords is to place a 150 sq ft row house somewhere for $400 more, they threw in the crafting tables as well. I think a lot of Knights want double the lot size and perhaps will get an add-on home (just like some Lords may consider as well who don't like the Lord Home).

You need to have a reason to upgrade to Lord, or nobody will. If you fail to see the value in upgrading from Knight to Knight Marshal then you seem to place all the value on the crafting tables - so my suggestion is to wait for launch then buy someone's crafting table - they probably won't be selling for $400 each.

Khloec, Mishri and Kaisa like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Different people value different things and the same things at different levels, which is why value is a subjective and not an objective measure.
    For me, for example, there is sufficient value to the Knight Marshal tier, which is why I've just upgraded. (I now need to upgrade my signature... bother. ;) )
    For Keldrin, the answer after evaluation (used in its most appropriate form) may well be different.

Mishri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.