No Binding everywhere!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I think Port is making a huge mistake if they allow binding everywhere, I think they are going way to far with it. If we can bind anywhere with no limits, to me breaks immersion. I can see allowing us to bind to three places, but any more then that is nuts. You think you did not see many people on the overworld map before, well, it will be worse if we zap all over. Why bother when travel is already fast? Why cater to the impatient players who can't spend a few seconds running from place to place. to run a lil bit to get to where they want? When this happens, you will be lucky if you ever see anyone on the overworld. It will look dead, void of any living being.

Why bother with horses then, or boats even.... why?????

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Curt

Curt Avatar

Some of the many bad things this week.

Tamsen, Verit, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Wait we can bind to multiple places now ? I've kind of wanted that

4. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Honestly with the pass scenes opened up and sieges bypassable I don't see this as being much of a benefit. I'd rather just run somewhere and save the gold 90% of the time.

Witcheypoo, Nikko, Ataniiq and 9 others like this.
  5. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I love that we can bind many places, this is a great improvement :)

6. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I'm actually happy this is finally coming to pass! YAY Portalarium!

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

I just tried it and it doesn't work, we still have only 1 bind point from town criers.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It hasn't been implemented yet... It was mentioned as a future 'improvement' during the Livestream.

I agree with you, @Chatele... This was a line in the sand I had hoped would never be crossed, and I need now re-evaluate.

They built an overland map... They then succumbed to the crying masses and threw away all that they had built, and built instead a much more complex overworld...
    ...now they are tossing even that aside.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well whatever they were doing obviously has not been working, and personally, it would be really nice to move quickly between my properties without having to do monotonous running.

There was a point that I wanted the overworld to work, but we never got ships, we never got horses, despite me paying 2x over 3 years for tiny horses to try to make it happen, and the random encounters never really evolved or becaming interesting either.

So yeah, this will really put a nail in the utility of the overworld, but perhaps it's necessary for the game to thrive.

10. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

What's the difference between that and having 2,740 people in your friends list that you can teleport to at any time?
    Personally, I think it's a great idea. And there will be a cost to binding at each location. I don't see a problem with it. Just means that people can use their friends list to keep track of friends, not teleport locations.

11. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

We tried hard and abrasive game design. People left. Lets try soft and fuzzy.

Witcheypoo, Pawz, Vaentorian and 7 others like this.
  12. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

They should just let people bind to the properties they own, thus helping drive lot sales...

jregel, Elwyn, Xee and 13 others like this.
  13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

meh, I disapprove of this change

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Gadfrey Zukes, Gaelis, K1000 and 6 others like this.
  14. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The way I understood this is: we'll be able to "buy" binding spots in the store, much like expanding Bank storage... I'm anticipating 5x, 10x, etc packs that are "used up" whenever you bind to a spot, and most likely "single use"... They said it was planned as a "sink" for in game gold, so probably right click: pay 1500g to bind, then teleport "once" to that location... Then you would need to bind again, if you want to continue using this for "fast travel", they weren't real specific...

They also said something about using Cotos at the coto merchant to buy binding spots too... They also said: binding to the "skull" pole would be possible, so not "everywhere" or "any spot" will be possible to bind too... Weather that's inside or outside of the scene, they didn't say... Hopefully, both... Although it will cost the player more to do both, I don't see anyone binding to the outside pole, then having to enter the scene, but who knows at this point...

The only way I see it being a "Gold sink" is if it's not a permanent thing, like marking a rune is for UO...

This will be an excellent system for SotA, Pay $5, or $10 for a single pernamant binding spot, then bind to a town crier or skull pole... Buy a pack of 10 binding spots for $40... Or you can use "In-game gold" and spend 1500g for a "use once" binding/teleport spot...

"Don't Lawyer me, Bro", the details haven't been published yet...

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

16. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

[​IMG]

I think people need to re-evaluate what immersion breaking means....

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

If they are willing to implement this i really cant see why they wouldn't implement rune books. Sure this also sounds a money sink or a way to make $ for them but i would think they would get far more value from adding rune books and making $$ off the back of new and returning players by other means.... lots/decorations/subscription.....

Sure some people don't like rune books but they will also encourage player exploration more so than bind spots for out of the way vendors in pots/back of towns, giving those that are feeling neglected in their less than prime locations more value and encouraging them to play more. This also would boost the value of any lot in the game as they don't have to be then in a prime location to make sales. I feel that just going for a $ boost from binding locations being sold they are taking a too simplistic overall view of this and with a little more work cant extrapolate what they could earn by encouraging new players with the attraction of runes and making present backers much more happy.....meaning not just $ but $$$$ in the long-term.

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

TBH there are some POT that are more or less abandoned and there is nothing that is going to make players want to go to them.

Jatvardur and Chatele like this.
  19. golruul

golruul Avatar

Lol @ Scoffer.

Onto topic, multiple binding is a great idea. I'm glad they're going to do this. This will cut down on wasted travel time and let me play the actual game more.

For the people that don't like it, then don't use it. Don't like your friends list being a teleport list? Don't use it like that. Don't like CPs/sieges being bypassed? Don't bypass them then.

I really don't understand why people are so intent on preventing me, Golruul, from traveling to another city faster. My moving around cities faster has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else in any way, so why are there so many people up in arms to prevent this from happening? Why are so many people strongly advocating for the developers to force me to see more loading screens?

20. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Soon they will remove the overworld entirely and allow you to teleport to all zones with some sort of dropdown menu :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.